President Obama scolds CBS reporter

Have you ever read the Potsdam Declaration? THAT is how you negotiate with piss ants.
After demands and concessions were spelled out, it concluded with this:

• "We call upon the government of Japan to proclaim now the unconditional surrender of all Japanese armed forces, and to provide proper and adequate assurances of their good faith in such action. The alternative for Japan is prompt and utter destruction."
I prefer diplomacy over war
I'd prefer diplomacy. I see none in this administration. I see concessions, I see failure to negotiate from a position of power.
Diplomacy is nothing without power to back up your position.
We never would have gotten them to the table if we weren't in a position of power

How did republican threats against Iran work out?

Obama increased sanctions and brought them to the table

Have you ever read the Potsdam Declaration? THAT is how you negotiate with piss ants.

• "We call upon the government of Japan to proclaim now the unconditional surrender of all Japanese armed forces, and to provide proper and adequate assurances of their good faith in such action. The alternative for Japan is prompt and utter destruction."

**********SHEEEEEESH**************

who authored that thing? --------did he have any kids???---
grandchildren????
On July 26, the United States, Britain, and China released the Potsdam Declaration announcing the terms for Japan's surrender, with the warning, "We will not deviate from them. There are no alternatives. We shall brook no delay." For Japan, the terms of the declaration specified:....
Potsdam Declaration - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Things have changed since then, and we were not in a war, and Iran did not surrender.

A bad deal
Like the other poster said, this news conference was not about anything but the nuclear deal and sanctions. the other 5 countries and IAEA is not involved in the US prisoners in Iran. That is a separate issue altogether, its like putting pork into the bills that then get vetoed and we wonder why.

el presidente----did not say----"another issue for another day"-----he got hysterical and did a GRANDSTAND routine
It was an impertinent question responded in a pertinent way
To imply that the president does not care about hostages because of this deal was out of bounds

celebration of a lousy agreement with Iran which will serve only to
EMBOLDEN its perverse ambitions-----was far more "impertinent"

Do you have a better alternative? didn't think so.
A bad deal is far worse than no deal.
Let's negotiate here a bit. I'll play the part of Iran and you play the part of barack obama.

Iran: I have a knife and with it, I'm thinking of cutting your arm off.

barack obama. Totally acceptable! You should get a bigger knife and cut my head off.

Would you rather war? the P5 & Germany and the IAEA were involved, not just the US. No nukes and no sanctions, sounds good to me.

Partisanship has made a sucker of you.

Partisanship ? and I'm no sucker, so I have no idea what you mean. I am anti war.

What were Americans doing in Iran?

How sensible is it to go into a country that is still upset about the CIA coup in 1965 that deposed their democratically elected president. We then installed the Shah who subjected them to 20 years of a brutal police state.

If you are stupid enough to go there don't expect the government to bail you out.

grandchildren????
On July 26, the United States, Britain, and China released the Potsdam Declaration announcing the terms for Japan's surrender, with the warning, "We will not deviate from them. There are no alternatives. We shall brook no delay." For Japan, the terms of the declaration specified:....
Things have changed since then, and we were not in a war, and Iran did not surrender.
Japan had not surrendered when the Potsdam Declaration was issued. It took a couple weeks and 2 big bad bombs.
Would it not be better to prevent a war than negotiate a peace?

A bad deal
el presidente----did not say----"another issue for another day"-----he got hysterical and did a GRANDSTAND routine
celebration of a lousy agreement with Iran which will serve only to
EMBOLDEN its perverse ambitions-----was far more "impertinent"

Do you have a better alternative? didn't think so.
A bad deal is far worse than no deal.
Let's negotiate here a bit. I'll play the part of Iran and you play the part of barack obama.

Iran: I have a knife and with it, I'm thinking of cutting your arm off.

barack obama. Totally acceptable! You should get a bigger knife and cut my head off.

Would you rather war? the P5 & Germany and the IAEA were involved, not just the US. No nukes and no sanctions, sounds good to me.

Partisanship has made a sucker of you.

Partisanship ? and I'm no sucker, so I have no idea what you mean. I am anti war.
Anti war? Would you have been against the US Declaration of Independence and subsiquent Revolution? Our Declaration of war against Germany and Japan in WW II?
The Civil War?

Or are you just against some wars?

grandchildren????
Japan had not surrendered when the Potsdam Declaration was issued. It took a couple weeks and 2 big bad bombs.
Would it not be better to prevent a war than negotiate a peace?

just what war did you have in mind that you want to prevent?-----right now---world war III is ongoing-----in "the levant"----mostly Syria, Iraq, and Yemen-----
Saudi Arabia and Iran are already involved ------the US avoided getting involved
in world war II until Japan bombed Pearl Harbor-------but, of course ----DA JOOOOS did that--------ask penelope

To compare malicious sell-out actions of a traitor to those of an innocent, yes, naive, politician are so unfair.....to Mr. Chamberlain.

so true-----poor chamberlain-------I do not hate him for his simple mind----
I know that he did not love adolf------he just wanted to be nice----
and avoid problems with the tough boys in the neighborhood---
he offered to share his jelly beans. ------afterall-----he did not attend
HARVARD!!!!!!!

To compare malicious sell-out actions of a traitor to those of an innocent, yes, naive, politician are so unfair.....to Mr. Chamberlain.

HARVARD!!!!!!!

always want to bring up old history. Your PM is Stalin along with our neocons, I believe in peace remember.

HARVARD!!!!!!!

always want to bring up old history. Your PM is Stalin along with our neocons, I believe in peace remember.

yes-----so did your hero adolf------and your forebears----the ROMANS----pax romana------FRANCIS has been apologizing for PAX ROMANA all week as it
was inflicted on the native americans by shit like you

what would you have been willing to give iran for the prisoners?

We gave them $100 Billion NOT to release the prisoners?

Obama is a very nice guy-----he says BETTER TO GIVE THAN TO RECEIVE

I wish Israel would feel that way.

Israel does feel that way-----hospitality over there is superb

Tourists = Money.

you are a typical islamo Nazi------money on the mind. I do not remember paying for anything in Israel------never. nothing...... ----oh---yes---I did pay for my airline ticket -----for spending money-----go to Turkey

I care where my tax dollars go and I want more of it spent here in the US thank you, not in a country that doesn't need it.

Believe me if I took a trip out east it'd be to Austria or Switzerland, even Jordan. If I did go to Palestine what is there to see, TLV is of no interest, The church of the loaves was burnt down, the seacoast is so badly polluted from what I read, the dead sea is dying, and the Jordan is so polluted they don't even do baptisms in it anymore, its not safe. The apt row house can be seen in the US as well. The only thing of interest would be the Dome.

Last edited:
I care where my tax dollars go and I want more of it spent here in the US thank you, not in a country that doesn't need it.

you do not get to decide------all you get is a single vote and you are outvoted

Believe me if I took a trip out east it'd be to Austria or Switzerland, even Jordan. If I did go to Palestine what is there to see, TLV is of no interest, The church of the loaves was burnt down, the seacoast is so badly polluted from what I read, the dead sea is dying, and the Jordan is so polluted they don't even do baptisms in it anymore, its not safe. The apt row house can be seen in the US as well. The only thing of interest would be the Dome.

for those interested in TRUTH----the church of the loaves ---which is a fairly modern structure built in the area that is the supposed site of the place that jesus is said to have fed multitudes on a few fish and a few loaves of bread did not
BURN DOWN----it was damaged by fire----but repairable and being repaired Islamo Nazi sluts always lie ----it is still there. The DOME is off limits to all but
muslims. The Jordan is relatively fixed up from the cesspit of shistosomiasis and malaria and cholera that it had been when under the control of shit like Penelope----the polio epidemic has been stemmed by jewish doctors----same is true of cholera in Israel-----but cholera remains an issue in filthy islamo Nazi cesspits. ---be advised

Forum List

Back