President Trump announces new tariffs: 25% for steel, 10% for aluminum

Flagrant confirmation bias. This is also a single cause fallacy.

A twofer, nice!

The stagnation of Middle Class and Working poor wages is no confirmation bias.

The Free Traders made promises. They did not occur. There was a lot of time for that happen.

The policy has failed. Time for a new policy.

But, when you just pull policies out of your ass on the fly without even consulting people with strong backgrounds in econ that are charged with making recommendations, that's wrong. Contrary to popular opinion of the 38% he's almost never the smartest guy in the room.
Because we've all seen the perfect results of wll thought out policies since Reagan...
Feeling stupid yet?
I got news for you cupcake, Trump will reverse anything that doesn't work, because, unlike the rest of the bought and paid off political elite, Trump doesn't give a shit about keeping the status quo.

Disappearing Inauguration loot, marketing Ivanka's line of goods, Peddling influence to anyone with the price of admission. Selling real estate to Russian spies and laundering Putin's dirty money through real estate deals that make no logical sense. Appointing Cabinet chiefs hand picked by Putin, Appointing Cabinet Chiefs with no skills and an almost equal thirst for wealth. Handing off the most security intensive tasks to family with no clearances.

Yeah, he doesn't care much for the way things were. That's a fact. Just like his famous alternative facts, he's creating an alternative reality. And now he's gonna meet with a nuclear-armed childish madman to talk peace? Talk about kindred spirits. It's been a wild ride so far and I only hope we can all get off safely when that ride is stopped by Mueller and his team.

We haven't seen anything yet. .
Dud Scarecrows

You haven't seen anything at all. But keep it up; your giggling-adolescent comical exaggerations ensure that nobody will take crackpot Trumpophobes like you seriously. Do you think that Aleczheimer Baldwin's caricature of Trump as lazy and uninterested convinced anybody? Yet Kate McKinnon's portrayal of hillary was too close to home to avoid affecting voters' opinions.

We have a lunatic destroying your democracy and you want to talk about SNL? And then you top that snit off with calling me an adolescent. That's rich. Go back to your sandbox. BTW Trump is lazy and uninterested. Except when he watches Fox and Friends or tweets like a fucking baby. He's a guy with no idea what he's doing surrounded by others who don't know what they're doing. For you to brush that off and talk trash about Alec Baldwin puts you squarely on his maturity level, which I see to be about 9 yrs old.

The Free Traders made promises. They did not occur. There was a lot of time for that happen.

But, when you just pull policies out of your ass on the fly without even consulting people with strong backgrounds in econ that are charged with making recommendations, that's wrong. Contrary to popular opinion of the 38% he's almost never the smartest guy in the room.
Because we've all seen the perfect results of wll thought out policies since Reagan...
Feeling stupid yet?
I got news for you cupcake, Trump will reverse anything that doesn't work, because, unlike the rest of the bought and paid off political elite, Trump doesn't give a shit about keeping the status quo.

Disappearing Inauguration loot, marketing Ivanka's line of goods, Peddling influence to anyone with the price of admission. Selling real estate to Russian spies and laundering Putin's dirty money through real estate deals that make no logical sense. Appointing Cabinet chiefs hand picked by Putin, Appointing Cabinet Chiefs with no skills and an almost equal thirst for wealth. Handing off the most security intensive tasks to family with no clearances.

Yeah, he doesn't care much for the way things were. That's a fact. Just like his famous alternative facts, he's creating an alternative reality. And now he's gonna meet with a nuclear-armed childish madman to talk peace? Talk about kindred spirits. It's been a wild ride so far and I only hope we can all get off safely when that ride is stopped by Mueller and his team.

Dud Scarecrows

You haven't seen anything at all. But keep it up; your giggling-adolescent comical exaggerations ensure that nobody will take crackpot Trumpophobes like you seriously. Do you think that Aleczheimer Baldwin's caricature of Trump as lazy and uninterested convinced anybody? Yet Kate McKinnon's portrayal of hillary was too close to home to avoid affecting voters' opinions.

We have a lunatic destroying your democracy and you want to talk about SNL? And then you top that snit off with calling me an adolescent. That's rich. Go back to your sandbox. BTW Trump is lazy and uninterested. Except when he watches Fox and Friends or tweets like a fucking baby. He's a guy with no idea what he's doing surrounded by others who don't know what they're doing. For you to brush that off and talk trash about Alec Baldwin puts you squarely on his maturity level, which I see to be about 9 yrs old.

This is classic.

You say, "And then you top that snit off with calling me an adolescent. That's rich."

And you follow it up by proving him right ...

"Go back to your sandbox. BTW Trump is lazy and uninterested. Except when he watches Fox and Friends or tweets like a fucking baby. He's a guy with no idea what he's doing surrounded by others who don't know what they're doing. For you to brush that off and talk trash about Alec Baldwin puts you squarely on his maturity level, which I see to be about 9 yrs old."

LMAO

Can't make that shit up ...

Feeling stupid yet?

Dud Scarecrows

This is classic.

You say, "And then you top that snit off with calling me an adolescent. That's rich."

"Go back to your sandbox. BTW Trump is lazy and uninterested. Except when he watches Fox and Friends or tweets like a fucking baby. He's a guy with no idea what he's doing surrounded by others who don't know what they're doing. For you to brush that off and talk trash about Alec Baldwin puts you squarely on his maturity level, which I see to be about 9 yrs old."

LMAO

So, you can read. Hey, that's a start.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Feeling stupid yet?

Dud Scarecrows

This is classic.

LMAO

Yes, I can. Thank you. Unfortunately, I can't return the compliment

"you project your ideology on me"
Perhaps it's due to the fact that 99.9999999% of your posts are, "I hate Trump".

After reading Fortune since 2001, I don't believe any of their opinions or analysis, which, by the way, are intended purely for the top 1% of 1% who don't want any business they invest in to be on American soil.
But of course you didn't know that either.

So, you are an avid reader of a publication you disagree with completely? You want me to believe that hooey? As for Trump, damn! I was shooting for 100%. He's doing damage to our democracy. The fact that you don't see it further shows you are indeed "Stuck on Stupid."
I had no choice; I wanted to know about how the real economy works.
That's how I got past Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.
You won't learn anything about how you're being screwed until you study the enemies book.
That's what Patton did.

Yet the enemy in the white house is not on your radar as a threat?
Strawman...stick to the subject which you said is not Trump Hatred.

Do me a favor. If I ever post without including Trump hatred, tell me so I can edit and include some. BTW You needed to read Fortune, a publication you despise, to get past Limbaugh and Hannity? Any thinking and functioning person could see what they are all about in about ten seconds. Took you 17 years? No wonder you support Trump. About 17 years from now you'll have that one in your rear view mirror too.
Ad hominem.
It’s obvious you are irrational and a liar since you stated your purpose was to discuss truth and not simply to rant.

If I'm a cupcake then why don't you bite me? Status quo? He cares about two things and two things only Money and perverted sex acts with the golden showers crowd. Maybe he actually thinks that stuff is gold. He has set himself and his family up as a cottage industry right under the noses of his followers. He's convinced lots of very naive folks that he cares about them. The middle class and working poor are beneath him and all the bullshit promises are just that. "You'll have terrific healthcare at a tiny fraction of blah blah blah" It'll all be so easy! "You'll be tired of winning. "Only the best people!"

And as you fools sat there all glassy-eyed and hopeful he was already planning how to get away with raping the country. Disappearing Inauguration loot, marketing Ivanka's line of goods, Peddling influence to anyone with the price of admission. Selling real estate to Russian spies and laundering Putin's dirty money through real estate deals that make no logical sense. Stiffing wounded warriors out of their money, stiffing hopeful students out of their life blood and stiffing every contractor and lawyer he ever met. Appointing Cabinet chiefs hand picked by Putin, Appointing Cabinet Chiefs with no skills and an almost equal thirst for wealth. Handing off the most security intensive tasks to family with no clearances.

Which is why he's addressing his platform and not kissing Democratic or Republican ass.
Either you are mentally disturbed or you really don't know the Democratic or Republican platforms.

He doesn't care. It's just a team sport for Wickerthing

If you're saying I enjoy kicking the asses of Trumpbots, you are absolutely right. Someone has to at least try to show you what a massive blunder it was to support this compromised moron in the white house. To support this clown is to effectively support Putin in his quest to fuck with our democracy. Every time you deny what is painfully obvious to the majority of Americans, you further the Russian agenda. Trump is not only a horror of a human being but a cancer on the office of the President.
You consider your knee jerk Trump Hating posts, which contain nothing else but Trump Hate, to be kicking ass?
I haven’t yet seen one post of yours that contains the first clue that you know anything about anything but hating Trump.

Improve your reading skills.
Globalist Capitalism Is a Capital Offense

No patriot read sales pitches by outsourcing traitors.

Dud Scarecrows

This is classic.

LMAO

Now that's exactly what I'm talking about. What you just did is the equivalent of Peewee Herman's "I know you are but what am I?" But it's all that can be expected from a trumpsheep.

So, you are an avid reader of a publication you disagree with completely? You want me to believe that hooey? As for Trump, damn! I was shooting for 100%. He's doing damage to our democracy. The fact that you don't see it further shows you are indeed "Stuck on Stupid."
You won't learn anything about how you're being screwed until you study the enemies book.
That's what Patton did.

Do me a favor. If I ever post without including Trump hatred, tell me so I can edit and include some. BTW You needed to read Fortune, a publication you despise, to get past Limbaugh and Hannity? Any thinking and functioning person could see what they are all about in about ten seconds. Took you 17 years? No wonder you support Trump. About 17 years from now you'll have that one in your rear view mirror too.
Ad hominem.
It’s obvious you are irrational and a liar since you stated your purpose was to discuss truth and not simply to rant.

What the hell do you or your hero know about truth?

That's what Patton did.

Ad hominem.

What the hell do you or your hero know about truth?
Be concrete...select an issue.

These Tariffs will do nothing to change either of those things and will hurt OUR economy in the final analysis.
This from Fortune.

These Industries Will Be Most Impacted by Trump's Steel and Aluminum Tariffs
We don’t know.
At least I admit I don’t know.

See! You didn't even take the time to read and learn. But I'm the clueless one. LOL
Uh, retard...
Sanders ran on tariffs.
And you sick Sanders cock just because he isn't a registered Republican.
And you do realize that almost every other nation charges us tariffs.
No, of course you don't realize that.

You have a very broad view of trade and that's what a child does, everything is like this or that. There are intricacies involved, not just Tariffs are good, Free trade Bad. Silly.
Oh, lookie...You just quoted one of the most famous Neo-Conservative Publications on Earth!
Fortune!
You hypocrite!
Imprimatur et Imperemus

Which also has an article on why the Internet must be regulated more to ban those who don't parrot the diverse gurus the ruling class hires to send us off on tangents.

Dud Scarecrows

This is classic.

LMAO

Now that's exactly what I'm talking about. What you just did is the equivalent of Peewee Herman's "I know you are but what am I?" But it's all that can be expected from a trumpsheep.

For your limited reading ability, I suppose that's as close as you're going to come

If you think that these tariffs aren't going to hurt American jobs, you might want to ask a uniquely American company...........................

Harley Davidson. They are saying that these tariffs are going to cost them a whole bunch of money.

Harley-Davidson: Trump's tariffs pose grave threat to famous American name

Harley-Davidson is not having a great year. In January, the legendary bike company, struggling to reverse a four-year slide in sales, had to close its Kansas City factory. Now Donald Trump – who seems as if he’d like to be a Harley man – has added to its woes.

This week’s announcement of steel tariffs on US imports could add $30m to the company’s costs, according to Wedbush Securities, an investment firm. Worse still, European leaders are threatening retaliation, and several symbols of Americana – including Kentucky whiskey, Levi’s and Harley-Davidson motorcycles – are on their list.

Hell, just ask his own defense industry. Added costs will chew up a lot of defense dollars and throw the whole budget out of whack. Truth is, he didn't think things through. Just another example of governance by impulse. Now I'm hearing from the Trump folks that it's a great idea to set a meeting with Kim. Trump has already shown his knee jerk reaction with him.

And, after the dismantling of the State Dept, we have a shortage of informed opinions and tempered reactions to what it all means. For Trump to agree to such a meet without consulting historians and folks who understand such matters is ill-conceived and ill-advised. No mention of conditions, no attempt to gain the release of political prisoners etc.

So-far, no leverage at all. We've gotta watch what unfolds before just thinking what a great idea this is.
Iagos

For decades, we've been misled by the State Department and the useless acadummy nerds it uses to pretty up its ignorance and arrogance.

Feeling stupid yet?

Dud Scarecrows

This is classic.

LMAO

Liberals: All the self awareness of a potted plant.

Feeling stupid yet?

Dud Scarecrows

Snowflakes Turning Into Slush

The one who "doesn't know what he's doing" is doing you in.

That's what Patton did.

Ad hominem.
A Blizzard of Buzzards in Their Bliss

Patriots call them "snowflakes" because they are fuzzy and flurry furiously.

Trump is right on tariffs -- That’s why he was elected

President Trump is simply doing what he said he would do during the presidential campaign – protecting American workers and safeguarding our national security, all at the same time.

And the president put a human face on a problem that has touched millions of Americans across this country on Thursday by making his announcement surrounded by steel and aluminum workers. His action underscores the fact that no one has stood up for the forgotten men and women of this nation as industry after industry, job after job, has disappeared because of unfair and non-reciprocal trade practices.

Being born in Rhode Island, a state that has lost countless blue-color jobs for decades, I can relate to this issue on a personal level. I know dozens of hardworking people back home who have lost their careers because their jobs were offshored overseas or their industries were destroyed by predatory trade practices.

Now President Trump is standing up and fighting for these Americans. We can debate the policy – in fact we should, in an honest manner – but we should all be proud that our president is actually trying to do something to preserve American jobs. I know I am.

" Congressional Budget Office Speculation "

* Domestic Purchasing Time Will Tell *

You know ChrisL, Harley Davidson is saying that the tariffs are going to hurt their business, and it will end up costing them something around 30 million because of it.
Economics expert: Tariffs on foreign steel could hurt Harley-Davidson 3 ways
Harley-Davidson, other motorcycle manufacturers face big challenges in 2018
The world’s largest manufacturer of heavyweight bikes saw a 40% drop in its third-quarter 2017 profit, to $68.2 million from $114.1 million in the same period a year earlier.

In the United States, Harley and other motorcycle manufacturers are caught between two customer demographic trends: millennials who aren’t widely embracing the motorcycling lifestyle, and baby boomers who are aging out of riding. They’ve also seen sales decline in some states, including Texas, where the economy took a tumble.

“The motorcycle market has been soft,” said analyst Craig Kennison with Milwaukee-based Robert W. Baird & Co. Inc.
"As long as the industry remains under pressure,” Harley will manage its production and inventory tightly, analyst Robin Farley with UBS Investment Research said in a recent note to clients.
"Harley has been working to significantly lower U.S. inventory," Farley wrote.

The Motorcycle Industry Council, for example, says the median age of motorcycle owners has increased from 32 to 47 since 1990.

* Products Are Purchased By Those Capable Of And Wanting To Spend *

" Tricky Dickey Barters US Autonomy To China "

* Nationalism Versus Libertarian Extremism *

American School (economics) - Wikipedia
It is a capitalist economic school based on the Hamiltonian economic program.[12] The American School of capitalism was intended to allow the United States to become economically independent and nationally self-sufficient.

The American School included three cardinal policy points:
Support industry: The advocacy of protectionism, and opposition to free trade – particularly for the protection of "infant industries" and those facing import competition from abroad. Examples: Tariff Act of 1789, Tariff Act of 1816 and Morrill Tariff
Create physical infrastructure: Government finance of internal improvements to speed commerce and develop industry. This involved the regulation of privately held infrastructure, to ensure that it meets the nation's needs. Examples: Cumberland Road and Union Pacific Railroad
Create financial infrastructure: A government sponsored National Bank to issue currency and encourage commerce. This involved the use of sovereign powers for the regulation of credit to encourage the development of the economy, and to deter speculation.

As the United States entered the 20th century, the "American School" was the policy of the United States under such names as: "American Policy", "Economic nationalism", "National System",[31] "Protective System", "Protection Policy",[32] and "Protectionism", which alludes only to the 'tariff policy' of this system of economics.[33][34][35][15][36]

In 1973 when the "Kennedy" Round concluded under President Richard Nixon, who cut U.S. tariffs to all time lows, the New Deal orientation towards reciprocity and subsidy ended, which moved the United States further in the free market direction, and away from its American School economic system.[39][40]

* Supposing Supply For Demand To Those Who Would Spend It First *

Fiscal multiplier - Wikipedia
In congressional testimony given in July 2008, Mark Zandi, chief economist for Moody's Economy.com, provided estimates of the one-year multiplier effect for several fiscal policy options. The multipliers showed that any form of increased government spending would have more of a multiplier effect than any form of tax cuts. The most effective policy, a temporary increase in food stamps, had an estimated multiplier of 1.73. The lowest multiplier for a spending increase was general aid to state governments, 1.36. Among tax cuts, multipliers ranged from 1.29 for a payroll tax holiday down to 0.27 for accelerated depreciation. Making the Bush tax cuts permanent had the second-lowest multiplier, 0.29. Refundable lump-sum tax rebates, the policy used in the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008, had the second-largest multiplier for a tax cut, 1.26.[7]

As has been discussed, the multiplier relies on the MPC (marginal propensity to consume). The use of the term MPC here is a reference to the MPC of a country (or similar economic unit) as a whole, and the theory and the mathematical formulae apply to this use of the term.

Clearly, some sectors of society are likely to have a much higher MPC than others. Someone with above average wealth or income or both may have a very low (short-term, at least) MPC of nearly zero — saving most of any extra income. But a pensioner, for example, may have an MPC of 1.

More importantly, this consumption is much more likely to occur in local small business — local shops, pubs and other leisure activities for example. These types of businesses are themselves likely to have a high MPC, and again the nature of their consumption is likely to be in the same, or next tier of businesses, and also of a benevolent nature.

Other individuals with a high, and benevolent, MPC would include almost anyone on a low income — students, parents with young children, and the unemployed.

* What Will Benefit Futures The Most *

Planned economy - Wikipedia
Planned economies are held in contrast with command economies, where a planned economy is "an economic system in which the government controls and regulates production, distribution, prices, etc."[11] but a command economy, while also having this type of regulation, necessarily has substantial public ownership of industry.[12] Therefore, command economies are planned economies, but not necessarily the reverse.

Indicative planning - Wikipedia
Indicative planning is a form of economic planning implemented by a state in an effort to solve the problem of imperfect information in market and mixed economies in order to increase economic performance. However, indicative planning takes only endogenous market uncertainty and plans the economy accordingly and does not look into exogenous uncertainty like technology, foreign trade, etc. When utilizing indicative planning, the state employs "influence, subsidies, grants, and taxes [to affect the economy], but does not compel".[1] Indicative planning is contrasted with directive or mandatory planning, where a state (or other economic unit) sets quotas and mandatory output requirements. Planning by inducement is often referred to as indicative planning.

Last edited:
Trump is right on tariffs -- That’s why he was elected

President Trump is simply doing what he said he would do during the presidential campaign – protecting American workers and safeguarding our national security, all at the same time.

And the president put a human face on a problem that has touched millions of Americans across this country on Thursday by making his announcement surrounded by steel and aluminum workers. His action underscores the fact that no one has stood up for the forgotten men and women of this nation as industry after industry, job after job, has disappeared because of unfair and non-reciprocal trade practices.

Being born in Rhode Island, a state that has lost countless blue-color jobs for decades, I can relate to this issue on a personal level. I know dozens of hardworking people back home who have lost their careers because their jobs were offshored overseas or their industries were destroyed by predatory trade practices.

Now President Trump is standing up and fighting for these Americans. We can debate the policy – in fact we should, in an honest manner – but we should all be proud that our president is actually trying to do something to preserve American jobs. I know I am.

You can go right on believing Trump cares about the working class but he doesn't. The tariffs were all about appearances and the usual impulsive actions with no forethought. I'm also a Rhody guy, grew up in Pawtucket and Providence and I've seen some of the most corrupt administrations come and go there and that's what the Trump gang smells like to me. Same game, different Mob.

Forum List

Back