🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

President Trump backs new bill to give nationwide right to conceal carry

I oppose slackers to State government. States exist for a reason.

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

but then the gun controllers get involved and try to make the Glocks ineffective as an effective weapon by mandating reduced capacity limits in Glock Standard Capacity magazines that were Designed for Glocks PTime .

10 rounds mags are sufficient. lol... do what chris rock suggests: charge $5k per bullet & see how fun it is to fill a drum .........

And that's what we need in our country today. More people with no practice firing guns.

nobody is saying that ray ray.

If a state has to recognize a marriage from another state, why does it not have to recognize a carry permit?
marriage's sole purpose isn't designed to kill. marriage has no impact on the person standing next to you.
So... you have no sound response to my question.
Thank you

society isn't affected by marriage except in positive ways. that's my sound answer. you disagree but can't challenge it either.

If a state has to recognize a marriage from another state, why does it not have to recognize a carry permit?
marriage's sole purpose isn't designed to kill. marriage has no impact on the person standing next to you.
Thank you

society isn't affected by marriage except in positive ways. that's my sound answer. you disagree but can't challenge it either.

Technically I don't think a state has to accept a marriage license from another state they just can't be discriminatory about it. But why would a state do that?

As for gun permits, each state has it's own laws so for example a state that requires training classes for conceal carry wouldn't want to recognize a state like Arizona where all you need is a pulse to be able to conceal carry.

Thank you
You forget: Concealed carry is legal is all 50 states - and so, your complaint is moot.

A Californian with a CCW permit can carry a concealed firearm in CA and OH - what augment is there that CA should/can not be forced to recognize a CCW permit issued by the state of Ohio when the people of California has the same ability?

Thank you
You forget: Concealed carry is legal is all 50 states - and so, your complaint is moot.

A Californian with a CCW permit can carry a concealed firearm in CA and OH - what augment is there that CA should/can not be forced to recognize a CCW permit issued by the state of Ohio when the people of California has the same ability?

Different requirements among the states to attain a CCW.

Thank you

Different requirements among the states to attain a drivers license, yet they are all recognized in every state.

How does this override the privileges and immunities clause of the 14th Amendment?-
How does this override the Article IV full faith and credit clause of the US constitution?
How does this apply when a state with less stringent requirements refuses to recognize a permit with more stringent requirements?

Thank you

Different requirements among the states to attain a drivers license, yet they are all recognized in every state.

And I believe every state if they wanted to could refuse to accept another states license. But considering the side affects of that why would they not?

Under the Second Amendment, in which the States all agreed when they became states, we already have a Federal guarantee which supersedes States Rights to keep and BEAR arms.

How does this override the privileges and immunities clause of the 14th Amendment?-

How does it not? Just like each state can decide what is required to attain a permit it would make just as much sense that a state like California isn't going to consider that a CCW permit from Arizona meets their requirements.

How does this override the Article IV full faith and credit clause of the US constitution?
How does this apply when a state with less stringent requirements refuses to recognize a permit with more stringent requirements?

The permits are currently issued on a statewide basis and not by the federal government so your article IV argument doesn't have any traction.

A state most likely chooses to recognize another states CCW requirements and decides if it meshes with their own.

What side effects? People that have already passed extensive background checks and are known to be very law abiding coming into your state?

Thank you

any state that allows it should do so with their regs in place for their citizens. i'm saying if a state has different regs than the next one over or on different coasts, then that needs to be followed withineach of their boundaries.

Forum List

Back