President Trump nixes federal workers pay raises,leftists lose their minds

...Just as an FYI a lot of government employees double dip. Take retirement early for their packages... then get hired back on to another government position...
Indeed.

I've seen a lot of that. Tons of US Military Veteran retirees who sign-on at various government agencies to continue serving and earning.

...Not saying your friends did this.but it's common. Both at the federal and state level.
How is that different from someone who works 25-30 years for one company, then retires, then changes careers or jobs, and does it all again?

If they put in the time and do the job, twice over, then it's not double-dipping; the People have received full value in both instances, yes?

And, if the People have received full value, should not the public servant receive the same?

...I'm saying federal wages are far more than their counterparts in the public arena...
And I am saying that you are wrong.

Here is a link to the 2018 US Federal Government General Schedule for Pay, with Locality adjustments for the Washington, DC area...

http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/salary-tables/18Tables/html/DCB.aspx

...Ex: basic office employees in the IRS,SS and Welfare office's make between 48 - 80k a year. Which is double to triple the wages of the private sector. Then you add in benefits,bonuses etc.
Most clerical staff in the Federal government are at the GS-4 through GS-6 levels.

And the locality-specific pay scale that I chose to serve-up as a concrete example is 22% higher than the OPM base; adjusted for the high cost of living in D.C.
"Employees for the federal government earn far more than their counterparts in the private sector, according to a new study by the Cato Institute.

Federal workers’ pay and benefits were 78 percent higher than private employees, who earned an average of $52,688 less than public sector workers last year."

Study conducted 2015

"The federal government has become an elite island of secure and high-paid employment, separated from the ocean of average Americans competing in the economy,"

Study from CATO Intitute.

...Just as an FYI a lot of government employees double dip. Take retirement early for their packages... then get hired back on to another government position...
Indeed.

I've seen a lot of that. Tons of US Military Veteran retirees who sign-on at various government agencies to continue serving and earning.

...Not saying your friends did this.but it's common. Both at the federal and state level.
How is that different from someone who works 25-30 years for one company, then retires, then changes careers or jobs, and does it all again?

If they put in the time and do the job, twice over, then it's not double-dipping; the People have received full value in both instances, yes?

And, if the People have received full value, should not the public servant receive the same?
Private sector takes penalties from the federal government for retiring early and cashing in their 401k's.

...I'm saying federal wages are far more than their counterparts in the public arena...

Here is a link to the 2018 US Federal Government General Schedule for Pay, with Locality adjustments for the Washington, DC area...

http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/salary-tables/18Tables/html/DCB.aspx

...Ex: basic office employees in the IRS,SS and Welfare office's make between 48 - 80k a year. Which is double to triple the wages of the private sector. Then you add in benefits,bonuses etc.
Most clerical staff in the Federal government are at the GS-4 through GS-6 levels.

And the locality-specific pay scale that I chose to serve-up as a concrete example is 22% higher than the OPM base; adjusted for the high cost of living in D.C.
"Employees for the federal government earn far more than their counterparts in the private sector, according to a new study by the Cato Institute.

Federal workers’ pay and benefits were 78 percent higher than private employees, who earned an average of $52,688 less than public sector workers last year."

Study conducted 2015

The study did not compare like jobs, just over all pay. It was a waste of the paper it was printed on.

Study conducted 2015

The study did not compare like jobs, just over all pay. It was a waste of the paper it was printed on.
Incorrect

"Employees for the federal government earn far more than their counterparts in the private sector"

coun·ter·part
[ˈkoun(t)ərˌpärt]
NOUN
counterparts (plural noun)
  1. a person or thing holding a position or performing a function that corresponds to that of another person or thing in another place.

Study conducted 2015

Incorrect

"Employees for the federal government earn far more than their counterparts in the private sector"

coun·ter·part
[ˈkoun(t)ərˌpärt]
NOUN
  1. a person or thing holding a position or performing a function that corresponds to that of another person or thing in another place.

Did you read the study? Do you have a link to the study?

Indeed.

You're lost in the 70's. Very few companies allow you to retire with a pension in 25 or 30 years. That was basically an old union thing. Today, government is just about the only entity that still has union workers.

There is nothing wrong with people who get to retire early and take on another job in good economic times. However in bad times, that's one less job available for somebody else.

Study conducted 2015

Incorrect

coun·ter·part
[ˈkoun(t)ərˌpärt]
NOUN

What is your party affiliation again?

Study conducted 2015

Incorrect

coun·ter·part
[ˈkoun(t)ərˌpärt]
NOUN

He's an Independent who sides with liberals 90% of the time.

...Salaries in the federal government are too large...
Please provide us with a mechanism which compares US Federal employee compensation packages vis-a-vis packages in the private sector.

...And most receive kick backs from their " butt buddies"...
"Most" of an estimated 2.8 million Federal employees?

Including vast numbers of clinicians and technicians and clerks and logistics and legal and other staffers?

Kickbacks? Most of them? Really? Link, please.

...I have no sympathy for them making less money.
You have no sympathy for public servants who make less money than their private sector counterparts?

You really HAVE drunk long and deeply from The Creature's Kool-Aid pitcher, haven't you?
I'm saying federal wages are far more than their counterparts in the public arena. Ex: basic office employees in the IRS,SS and Welfare office's make between 48 - 80k a year. Which is double to triple the wages of the private sector. Then you add in benefits,bonuses etc.

FACT. I worked with MANY "professionals" costing the tax-payer 90K a year that had no business doing anything but clerical. Lower tier govt. employees receive FAR MORE pay and benefits than they would in the private sector. The only people you might argue are underpaid are technical, but then they're not the best anyway. When you factor in pensions etc., ALL gov. employees are better off than they'd be in the private sector, and it's not close.

Please provide us with a mechanism which compares US Federal employee compensation packages vis-a-vis packages in the private sector.

Including vast numbers of clinicians and technicians and clerks and logistics and legal and other staffers?

You have no sympathy for public servants who make less money than their private sector counterparts?

You really HAVE drunk long and deeply from The Creature's Kool-Aid pitcher, haven't you?
I'm saying federal wages are far more than their counterparts in the public arena. Ex: basic office employees in the IRS,SS and Welfare office's make between 48 - 80k a year. Which is double to triple the wages of the private sector. Then you add in benefits,bonuses etc.

FACT. I worked with MANY "professionals" costing the tax-payer 90K a year that had no business doing anything but clerical. Lower tier govt. employees receive FAR MORE pay and benefits than they would in the private sector. The only people you might argue are underpaid are technical, but then they're not the best anyway. When you factor in pensions etc., ALL gov. employees are better off than they'd be in the private sector, and it's not close.
There is a reason these people are lifers...just sayin.

The Dems cry about the raises, but ignore the fact this is something many Americans face every year in the private sector. If a company is in the hole, they don't give out raises. WTF should our government not stick to those standards as well? It's not like we have a surplus in our budget or something.

We gave the farmers--who were already getting subsidies-- $12B. If a company is in the hole, do they give out $12B in charity? WTF should our government not stick to those standards as well? Ist's not like we have a surplus in our budget or something.

I know someone who went from working pricing contacts with a distributor making 40k a year to working for the government promoting Obamacare making pretty pie charts...earning 85k a year.

so yeah.

Study conducted 2015

Incorrect

coun·ter·part
[ˈkoun(t)ərˌpärt]
NOUN

Libertarian Party

And I will take that as a no. Don't worry, I will get it for you.

Study conducted 2015

Incorrect

coun·ter·part
[ˈkoun(t)ərˌpärt]
NOUN

Yes, I side with liberals being against Trump. We do not agree on policy at all, but we do agree Trump sucks

Study conducted 2015

Incorrect

coun·ter·part
[ˈkoun(t)ərˌpärt]
NOUN

Libertarian Party

And I will take that as a no. Don't worry, I will get it for you.
It's a libertarian study BTW.

Ho hummmm.

Incorrect

coun·ter·part
[ˈkoun(t)ərˌpärt]
NOUN

Yes, I side with liberals being against Trump. We do not agree on policy at all, but we do agree Trump sucks
CATO is a libertarian think tank.

Incorrect

coun·ter·part
[ˈkoun(t)ərˌpärt]
NOUN

No, the are a Conservative think tank that calls themselves libertarian. But even if they were libertarian, I would not ignore bad data just because they published it.

Bad data is bad data no matter who puts it out.

No, the are a Conservative think tank that calls themselves libertarian. But even if they were libertarian, I would not ignore bad data just because they published it.

Bad data is bad data no matter who puts it out.
A libertarian think tank that got its figures from the the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA).

Forum List

Back