President Trump nixes federal workers pay raises,leftists lose their minds

...Salaries in the federal government are too large...
Please provide us with a mechanism which compares US Federal employee compensation packages vis-a-vis packages in the private sector.

...And most receive kick backs from their " butt buddies"...
"Most" of an estimated 2.8 million Federal employees?

Including vast numbers of clinicians and technicians and clerks and logistics and legal and other staffers?

Kickbacks? Most of them? Really? Link, please.

...I have no sympathy for them making less money.
You have no sympathy for public servants who make less money than their private sector counterparts?

You really HAVE drunk long and deeply from The Creature's Kool-Aid pitcher, haven't you?

Yes...freeze pay raises of the little guys in the name of fiscal responsibility, while giving huge tax cuts to the wealthy and drastically cut revenue which caused this huge rise in national debt.

Sounds pretty screwed up to me, but hardly surprising. Government workers are an easy punching bag.

This message has been brought to you by Karl Marx ...

Marx and company: We're here to remind you to keep government out of your bedroom and in your wallet where it belongs

Last edited:
Please provide us with a mechanism which compares US Federal employee compensation packages vis-a-vis packages in the private sector.

Including vast numbers of clinicians and technicians and clerks and logistics and legal and other staffers?

You have no sympathy for public servants who make less money than their private sector counterparts?

You really HAVE drunk long and deeply from The Creature's Kool-Aid pitcher, haven't you?
I'm saying federal wages are far more than their counterparts in the public arena. Ex: basic office employees in the IRS,SS and Welfare office's make between 48 - 80k a year. Which is double to triple the wages of the private sector. Then you add in benefits,bonuses etc.

Yes...freeze pay raises of the little guys in the name of fiscal responsibility, while giving huge tax cuts to the wealthy and drastically cut revenue which caused this huge rise in national debt.

Sounds pretty screwed up to me, but hardly surprising. Government workers are an easy punching bag.

Why is it the only time leftists care about the little guy is when it involves a Republican? When the Democrats screw the little guy, that's just fine.
Why do you think I don’t? Do you care for the little guy?

This message has been brought to you by Karl Marx ..

We're here to remind you to keep government out of your bedroom and in your wallet where it belongs

I'm saying federal wages are far more than their counterparts in the public arena. Ex: basic office employees in the IRS,SS and Welfare office's make between 48 - 80k a year. Which is double to triple the wages of the private sector. Then you add in benefits,bonuses etc.

Hey, all the Leftists have to do, is voluntarily pay more in taxes to the tune of 38 billion. No biggie!

As far as most of us are concerned, all you Leftist bedwetters who cry, bitch, and moan, will get what you want if YOU PERSONALLY will reach into YOUR pocket, and pay for it. You are very good at demanding all kinds of stuff for yourselves, and everyone else including illegals. OK then, PAY FOR IT-)

Why can't you left wingers be honest about the corporate tax cut? Millions of working class Americans have Trillions of dollars of retirement savings invested in corporations, hence the corporate tax cut you claim only benefits the wealthy is a LIE. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

And getting government off the back of our businesses helps create new good paying jobs for even more Americans, generating more tax revenues. Its a win/win formula for growth.

Meanwhile YOU bunch of dumb asses think the status quo sky high corporate taxes was a good idea.
A look at the ballooning deficit under Trump is all you need to look at.

Why is it the only time leftists care about the little guy is when it involves a Republican? When the Democrats screw the little guy, that's just fine.
Yes.

We're here to remind you to keep government out of your bedroom and in your wallet where it belongs

Hey, all the Leftists have to do, is voluntarily pay more in taxes to the tune of 38 billion. No biggie!

As far as most of us are concerned, all you Leftist bedwetters who cry, bitch, and moan, will get what you want if YOU PERSONALLY will reach into YOUR pocket, and pay for it. You are very good at demanding all kinds of stuff for yourselves, and everyone else including illegals. OK then, PAY FOR IT-)
Exactly . They want the public sector ( who makes less) to pay the wages,benefits, bonuses and raises of the already bloated government's employees. Plus assorted freebies to "da poor". Yet they cry whenthe public sector gets a tax cut

Why can't you left wingers be honest about the corporate tax cut? Millions of working class Americans have Trillions of dollars of retirement savings invested in corporations, hence the corporate tax cut you claim only benefits the wealthy is a LIE. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

And getting government off the back of our businesses helps create new good paying jobs for even more Americans, generating more tax revenues. Its a win/win formula for growth.

Meanwhile YOU bunch of dumb asses think the status quo sky high corporate taxes was a good idea.

Your simpleton way of looking at complex problems is WHY you fail.

:lmao:

That is your specialty :)

That is why we are mired down in Iraq for example.

Exactly . They want the public sector ( who makes less) to pay the wages,benefits, bonuses and raises of the already bloated government's employees. Plus assorted freebies to "da poor". Yet they cry whenthe public sector gets a tax cut

Yes, we agree! Notice how they cry about defense spending rising, and they protect us; so we should give them the best equipment to do so. And yet, the fed workers make waaaaaaaay MORE than the private sector, but they want to give them a raise.

Query Google, and ask it to show you the top 5 areas in wealth, and watch what it shows you. Number 1 or 2 is Washington DC! Ever wonder why that is-) And yet, look at the pay of congress people and even senators. Why would you think all that wealth would want to live near them?

Maybe because...…………..THEY CONTROL THE PURSE STRINGS OF the United States-)

:lmao:

That is your specialty :)

That is why we are mired down in Iraq for example.

Iraq? Wow the mother of all deflections. Do you want to discuss the deficit, economy, and learn something or deflect?

I"m saying the left in general.

I didn't hear them complain about the little guy when DumBama created a law stating they must buy insurance whether they could afford it or not.

I didn't hear the left complaining when the first thing DumBama did after invading the White House was institute a severe sin tax; taxes that mostly paid for by the poor and middle-class.

I didn't hear the left complain about the businesses that were closed down because of DumBama's actions.

I didn't hear the left care about the little guy when DumBama tried to close down power plants run by coal which would have greatly increased the costs of energy.

You can always tell how great a job is by how much advertising they do. While I admit it's been some time since I scanned the want ads, I don't ever recall any ads from the federal government looking for workers. It's not an easy job to get for obvious reasons.

We have two workers at my company who were in local governments. One for the county and the other for the city of Cleveland. Both retired at the age of 55; that's ten to thirteen years earlier than most in the private sector can retire. Now they both have two incomes: their government retirement package and their full-time job.

No, you said kick-backs. Bribes. Are you backing down from that?

I didn't hear them complain about the little guy when DumBama created a law stating they must buy insurance whether they could afford it or not.

I didn't hear the left complaining when the first thing DumBama did after invading the White House was institute a severe sin tax; taxes that mostly paid for by the poor and middle-class.

I didn't hear the left complain about the businesses that were closed down because of DumBama's actions.

I didn't hear the left care about the little guy when DumBama tried to close down power plants run by coal which would have greatly increased the costs of energy.

You can always tell how great a job is by how much advertising they do. While I admit it's been some time since I scanned the want ads, I don't ever recall any ads from the federal government looking for workers. It's not an easy job to get for obvious reasons.

We have two workers at my company who were in local governments. One for the county and the other for the city of Cleveland. Both retired at the age of 55; that's ten to thirteen years earlier than most in the private sector can retire. Now they both have two incomes: their government retirement package and their full-time job.
Just as an FYI a lot of government employees double dip. Take retirement early for their packages... then get hired back on to another government position.

Not saying your friends did this.but it's common. Both at the federal and state level.

Just as an FYI a lot of government employees double dip. Take retirement early for their packages... then get hired back on to another government position.

Not saying your friends did this.but it's common. Both at the federal and state level.

Agreed. In fact our local news channels were doing some reporting on that. Some don't even get other government jobs. They keep the ones they worked at their entire adult life.

...I'm saying federal wages are far more than their counterparts in the public arena...
And I am saying that you are wrong.

Here is a link to the 2018 US Federal Government General Schedule for Pay, with Locality adjustments for the Washington, DC area...

http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/salary-tables/18Tables/html/DCB.aspx

...Ex: basic office employees in the IRS,SS and Welfare office's make between 48 - 80k a year. Which is double to triple the wages of the private sector. Then you add in benefits,bonuses etc.
Most clerical staff in the Federal government are at the GS-4 through GS-6 levels.

And the locality-specific pay scale that I chose to serve-up as a concrete example is 22% higher than the OPM base; adjusted for the high cost of living in D.C.

Last edited:

Agreed. In fact our local news channels were doing some reporting on that. Some don't even get other government jobs. They keep the ones they worked at their entire adult life.
True. Or a position is specifically created for them. The extra wages are considered a bonus or raise.

Forum List

Back