Presidential Debates: Should Trump and Biden both be fact-checked during real-time?

Should Trump and Biden both be fact-checked during real-time?

• Total voters
I would say yes. If these "fact checkers" could be objective and set their personal politics aside.

Easiest way to do that is to put up large screens behind the candidates that shows what the fact checkers are looking at. And, make sure that the sites being used to verify veracity have their logos prominently displayed on the screen. That way people could decide if the fact checkers were biased or not themselves.
Perfect.

I think fact-checking them both during real-time is fair. It gives the public the opportunity to see who is being more truthful.

By whom? That's my issue. Because if you say the same people who supported Jussie Smollett, and attacked the Covenington Kids, and smeared Bret Kavanough, and talked about the peaceful protests in NYC when half the town was destroyed....

If those are the people you want fact checking, then what you want is liars fact checking liars.

No. I think they should just have the debates, and they can lie and smear whom they wish after it is over.

For the sake of historical accuracy - I think the debates should be thoroughly fact-checked during real-time and post-debate.

Well, considering that since we now have search engines and high speed internet (even on phones), fact checking is something that would be easy to do during the debates. And, I also think that it should be done, with large screens in back of the candidates to show what the fact checkers are looking at.

In the past, we didn't have the capability to do real time fact checking during the debates, but now we do. Why not take advantage of it?
And, I also think that it should be done, with large screens in back of the candidates to show what the fact checkers are looking at.

I doubt that either candidate would agree to that.

For the sake of historical accuracy - I think the debates should be thoroughly fact-checked during real-time and post-debate.
The issue with debates is it seems they are fixed in the favor of the Prog running for office.

I think fact-checking them both during real-time is fair. It gives the public the opportunity to see who is being more truthful.
The dumbest idea in the history of dumb ideas! First of all...who get's to decide what is and isn't fact in the middle of a debate? Name the person or persons that both parties will trust with that! Secondly...how long are these debates going to run? You better block out some serious air time if every statement made by two long winded politicians has to be "fact checked" before moving on!

What's really laughable however is that you on the left think this was a serious suggestion...when in fact it's nothing more than a "trial balloon" sent up by the Biden camp to see if there is any way they can have Biden back out of doing any debates!

How exactly do you fact check "uh you know what I mean" And as you all know mumble mumble this is my wife Joe Biden,er ah where am I?

Forum List

Back