Presidential Debates: Should Trump and Biden both be fact-checked during real-time?

Should Trump and Biden both be fact-checked during real-time?

• Total voters
I think fact-checking them both during real-time is fair. It gives the public the opportunity to see who is being more truthful.

I think having Hannity, Rush and maybe Tucker up there to keep Biden in line is a good idea.

I'm sure you do. Honor and integrity mean nothing.

There won't be any fact checkers up there, you know that. Trump has this election wrapped up already. The Dems decided to punt and have Biden take one for the team. I don't think anyone in the DNC expected this much decline from Biden. But, what's done is done.

There won't be any fact checkers up there, you know that. Trump has this election wrapped up already. The Dems decided to punt and have Biden take one for the team. I don't think anyone in the DNC expected this much decline from Biden. But, what's done is done.

Really? What is it that makes you think Trump already has the election wrapped up? Hillary thought she had it wrapped up as well, and look what happened. Might wanna be careful on some of these predictions.

I would say yes. If these "fact checkers" could be objective and set their personal politics aside.

Easiest way to do that is to put up large screens behind the candidates that shows what the fact checkers are looking at. And, make sure that the sites being used to verify veracity have their logos prominently displayed on the screen. That way people could decide if the fact checkers were biased or not themselves.

Personally, I am perfectly capable of fact checking.

There is a reason that over 90% of the time someone posts a link to a self-proclaimed fact checking blog it is posted by a leftist.

That reason is that they cannot think independently. They lack the critical thinking skills necessary to do their own fact checking.

And disallow name calling....if I hear any name calling I am going to turn off the debate between by far the worst two candidates the nation has ever had.

Really? What is it that makes you think Trump already has the election wrapped up? Hillary thought she had it wrapped up as well, and look what happened. Might wanna be careful on some of these predictions.

Simple. Look at Biden. He is toast and I don't believe that he will be able to compete once the campaign season ramps up. If I am wrong, so be it. But, I have never seen a candidate struggle to communicate like Biden.

Why bother? It would make no significant difference and would be a waste of money, time, and effort

They are both verified, compulsive liars.

People should be paying attention to what the candidates are saying during the debate, and not reading fact checker's comments.
Because one minute after the debate is over, all of the news network shows with be going over what the candidate's said with a fine tooth comb. ... :cool:

I think fact-checking them both during real-time is fair. It gives the public the opportunity to see who is being more truthful.
Trump can lie faster than you can fact check him

I totally agree - but the fact-checking should primarily be directly related to each particular question asked by the moderators - not whatever tangents Trump may go off on.

Fact checked by whom? And who is going to fact check the fact checkers in real time. And who is going to fact check them?

Both candidates should agree on a factchecking format. I’m sick and tired of politicians getting on the debate stage and lying through their teeth

Forum List

Back