Press #1 For English?

..... They didn't send their money back to their home country ....

Many of them did exactly that.

No, they didn't. Back then, there was little left over to send home. ...........

Yes they did. Western Union started in the 1850s, and other means of remittance were used. Just like today, immigrants worked very hard and lived in those crappy, crowded conditions to squeeze every penny for just such purposes. Stop substituting your imagination for history.

They came here and left everything behind to find the American dream;............

Not everything. Not, often, family in great need back in the homeland; family that may have loaned them the money to make the passage here in the first place.

Sorry kid, fail . Your "links" don't take away all the negatives a lot of us have dealt with over the last twenty years. We are just going in circles here.

...t they exercised every opportunity available. So of course they didn't immediately abandon their native tongue. I remember one of our neighbors when we were children. They spoke only a few words of English, but my sister taught the little girl, and she would take her knowledge to teach her parents. This was on top of going to English class that the local church held for the immigrants.....

Just like immigrants today.

No, just opposite of immigrants today. .....

You are wrong. All of that, and more, still happens today. I see it everyday myself, and mountains of data support the FACT.

And still some people here cling to the ridiculous notion that their own false assumptions (based on you-know-what) can stand before reality.

European and most Asian immigrants had a skill or trade...they were barbers, shoe makers, bartenders, etc. These waves of hispanics are mostly rural illiterates....little more than human livestock. They need to go back where they came from.
How then are they able to steal so many American jobs? Skilled labor on construction sites, food processing plants and factories?

You can't shout about job loss out of one side of your mouth while shouting about job loss from the other.

Perhaps you should see a doctor. I think you had a minor stroke right in the middle of that sentence.

He that-shan't-be -named is living a fools paradise of delusions and actually believes the internet IS reality. Press #1 for English, press #2 for shut the f*ck up.

Sadly, some people are so married to their fears and assumptions (and you-know-what) that they will fall down with their fingers in their ears, kicking and screaming, rather than learn something. Many people need to cling to some romanticized notions of the past in order to justify their prejudices and false assumptions in the present. Nonetheless, the facts are what the facts are. It just so happens that I am pretty well informed on the reality of the past (20+years teaching History), and work and live with the reality of this topic - everyday - in the present. I might not know much, but I sure as hell know about this. Note that real experience does NOT mean scowling from behind the curtains. Of course, the kicking and screaming will continue by those who are as addicted to their false assumptions as a crack whore is to, well, you know...

And just to save some dope the time, NO I do NOT support illegal immigration. I have made this clear hundreds of times here.

...... They cherished the opportunity to come here and be part of America.....

Just like immigrants today. And like immigrants today, they did NOT abandon their sense of being Polish.

Outside of our community, they did abandon their language and culture.

Wrong. In fact, immigrants today are assimilating to English and American culture faster than those of yesteryear.
Your historical reference is based on what internet sites you cherry pick, I prefer reality. Reality says different. My experience of over 25 years, plus the knowledge of what my predecessors told me, says new immigrants are not acclimating and are actually resisting under the guise of "multiculturalism".

Just like immigrants today. And like immigrants today, they did NOT abandon their sense of being Polish.

Wrong. In fact, immigrants today are assimilating to English and American culture faster than those of yesteryear.
Your historical reference is based on what internet sites you cherry pick......

No, it is based on the actual study of History and actual immersion in the reality of the present.

Your historical reference is based on what internet sites you cherry pick......

No, it is based on the actual study of History and actual immersion in the reality of the present.
History is a record of what human beings witness and pass on. Yes? What you so blithely call "anecdotal", I am fully immersed in this subject. Illegals are NOT acclimating. It's WE that have to acclimate to THEM. The fact still remains, IF they are acclimating, why the push by Hispanics for bilingualism/multiculturalism? What other culture in American History did such a thing? Something isn't adding up here, brother.

Last edited:
Do I have to say this again?
It just so happens that I am pretty well informed on the reality of the past (20+years teaching History), and work and live with the reality of this topic - everyday - in the present.

Real-life experience, not spite and fear and idiotic imagination.

I might not know much, but I sure as hell know about this. Note that real experience does NOT mean scowling from behind the curtains. Of course, the kicking and screaming will continue by those who are as addicted to their false assumptions as a crack whore is to, well, you know...

And just to save some dope the time, NO I do NOT support illegal immigration. I have made this clear hundreds of times here.

Learn a new language...it isn't hard. It takes a little brain power. Maybe that's the problem.

There are four forms that have to be made to substantiate proof :
Anecdotal
Statistical
Analogical
testimonial

Like House said, people lie. We make up statistics, finesses facts to our own ends

I am not finessing a point and obscuring the facts. Mexican illegals are NOT acclimating. Somebody says they ARE, obfuscates that, then does this sideways thing about how much better bilingualism IS. Somebody sounds conflicted on this. So, you are talking out of both side of your mouth.

European and most Asian immigrants had a skill or trade...they were barbers, shoe makers, bartenders, etc. These waves of hispanics are mostly rural illiterates....little more than human livestock. They need to go back where they came from.
How then are they able to steal so many American jobs? Skilled labor on construction sites, food processing plants and factories?

You can't shout about job loss out of one side of your mouth while shouting about job loss from the other.

Perhaps you should see a doctor. I think you had a minor stroke right in the middle of that sentence.
Nice catch. What I intended to say is:
You cannot shout about job loss out of one side of your mouth while you shout about lay-about, unskilled workers out of the other side of your mouth.

Tom Horn called today's immigrants 'human livestock'. Yet he complains about that livestock taking jobs away from American workers. Hanging drywall or laying block or wiring a building or building a highway isn't work for livestock.

Last edited:

Nice catch. What I intended to say is:
You cannot shout about job loss out of one side of your mouth while you shout about lay-about, unskilled workers out of the other side of your mouth.

Tom Horn called today's immigrants 'human livestock'. Yet he complains about that livestock taking jobs away from American workers. Hanging drywall or laying block or waiting a building or building a highway isn't work for livestock.
Let's let Tom Horn answer to that.

Forum List

Back