🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Pretty sick of partisan idiocy

Then give me one democrat policy I should get behind.
What?

Maybe I haven't been clear. I'm not suggesting you vote democrat, or support them in any way. Nor am I suggesting democrats vote for republicans. This isn't a kumbaya-why-can't-we-just-all-get-along thread.

I'm talking about how the two-party fear factory is driving our politics to insanity.

Just look at the delusional insanity of our partisans. Democrats spent four years clinging to the fantasy that Trump wasn't really the President. That it was all a cruel hoax perpetrated by the Russians, and that all they had to do was find the smoking gun and everything would be returned to "normal".

Now Republicans are doing the same thing - and I think it's driven by the same kind of fear. They've bought into this idea of Democrats as an evil force bent on their destruction. So much so that they can't, psychological, face the truth. They can only deny it. Trump didn't lose. It's not possible. Democrats cheated.

The media certainly doesn't help. It's a fear factory that drives the entrenched parties into bitter opposition - mostly over imagined horrors amplified by a compliant media. Social media is particularly bad about this, even having AI algorithms that pump whatever scares you the most into your news feed.
Media needs to die. It's time.

Just look at the delusional insanity of our partisans. Democrats spent four years clinging to the fantasy that Trump wasn't really the President. That it was all a cruel hoax perpetrated by the Russians, and that all they had to do was find the smoking gun and everything would be returned to "normal".

Now Republicans are doing the same thing - and I think it's driven by the same kind of fear. They've bought into this idea of Democrats as an evil force bent on their destruction. So much so that they can't, psychological, face the truth. They can only deny it. Trump didn't lose. It's not possible. Democrats cheated.
Sadly they can’t comprehend how foolish they are. They’ve hardened their partisanship to such a point that they can’t change. They are absolutely set in their ways.

I believe this rabid partisanship for the two criminal gangs is a relatively new thing in America. My siblings and I can’t ever recall our parents or any other family members EVER discussing politics. Not one time. In fact, I recall asking my dad who he voted for in 1968. He told me it was personal and none of my business.

I will never vote for a dime or repug again. They are both responsible for this mess.

It's worse than that, I fear. The parties will fight over anything. Neither party has a consistent ideology. Other than opposing the other side reflexively.

We've reached a point where the partisans distrust, even hate, each other more than our foreign enemies. A nation can't last like that.
Quit saying that "neither party has a consistent ideology", because that's just not true.

We have one party trying to change everything, and the other one fighting back or another party trying to hold the line while the other one keeps pushing the line. Both have ideological views and standpoints, so it just depends on where one lands, and how much support there is for those views.

Now what is aggravating is when either party has members whom decide to accuse the other party or party members of something, and then the accuser is found to be guilty of the accusations whether it be a him or herself as the assailant/accuser's.

Quit saying that "neither party has a consistent ideology", because that's just not true.
There are very few differences that matter. And those differences shift with the wind.
We have one party trying to change everything, and the other one fighting back or another party trying to hold the line while the other one keeps pushing the line. Both have ideological views and standpoints, so it just depends on where one lands, and how much support there is for those views.
They both want power. Every "conviction" they claim falls to this overriding concern.
Now what is aggravating is when either party has members whom decide to accuse the other party or party members of something, and then the accuser is found to be guilty of the accusations whether it be a him or herself as the assailant/accuser's.
Yeah. Rank hypocrisy - flat out lying actually. Both parties are "soaking in it".

Politics would be so much easier if republicans simply agreed with the democrat party agenda even if it's wrong. Ain't that the message?
That's exactly what they seem to be saying.
The media certainly doesn't help. It's a fear factory that drives the entrenched parties into bitter opposition - mostly over imagined horrors amplified by a compliant media. Social media is particularly bad about this, even having AI algorithms that pump whatever scares you the most into your news feed.
Blame it on all they want when it comes to media or whatever, but the bottom line is, is that it's the issues and nothing more. Nothing will change the truth about the issues, but sugar coating them is the attempt at making them somehow easier to swallow, but it doesn't go down easy, so the media and all other controlled platforms just make complete fools out of themselves attempting it.

One side pushes the lines, and the other side holds the line's. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:
What?

Maybe I haven't been clear. I'm not suggesting you vote democrat, or support them in any way. Nor am I suggesting democrats vote for republicans. This isn't a kumbaya-why-can't-we-just-all-get-along thread.

I'm talking about how the two-party fear factory is driving our politics to insanity.
Two party, but one has to have it's foot more on solid ground than the other wouldn't you say ? So the adding and subtracting is then used to join forces.

Now of course the political battles ensue, where one pushes against the lines, and the other one holds the line's. People are now in a situation where they are choosing which line to be on. It's a natural phenomena, and a real one.

"Politics would be so much easier if republicans simply agreed with the democrat party agenda even if it's wrong. Ain't that the message?"
That's exactly what they seem to be saying.

That's certainly not what I'm saying. I'm not suggesting that anyone vote for one side or another. I'm just tired of the artificial, albeit bitter and virulent, divide that our system has created.

Blame it on all they want when it comes to media or whatever, but the bottom line is, is that it's the issues and nothing more.

It's not though. Or, at least, there's usually nothing inherent about the issues that requires any kind of partisan debate. But the parties are obligated to treat every single issue as though it does. The pandemic is the perfect example. There's exactly no reason the efficacy of ivermectin (or masks, or the vaccines), should be a partisan issue. The parties turned the entire thing into a partisan pissing match soon after it began, and never relented. They've paralyzed our response to the pandemic with the political bickering.

Last edited:
Two party, but one has to have it's foot more on solid ground than the other wouldn't you say ?
No. They're both batshit crazy. And they are because they can afford to be. Because they *can't be removed. The two-party system ensures that. It needs to go.

(*they actually can be removed, but voters are deeply invested in the "lesser-of-two-evils" con and won't let go.)

That's certainly not what I'm saying. I'm not suggesting that anyone vote for one side or another. I'm just tired of the artificial, albeit bitter and virulent, divide that our system has created.

It's not though. Or, at least, there's usually nothing inherent about the issues that requires any kind of partisan debate. But the parties are obligated to treat every single issue as though it does. The pandemic is the perfect example. There's exactly no reason the efficacy of ivermectin (or masks, or the vaccines), should be a partisan issue. The parties turned the entire thing into a partisan pissing match soon after it began, and never relented. They've paralyzed our response to the pandemic with the political bickering.
You say it paralyzed our response, but that's not correct because the numbers are wrong. They aren't entering the correct data in which should also include the natural immunity of hundred's of thousands of Americans, whom by the way are responsible for giving their life saving blood so that hundreds of thousands more could be saved.

Forum List

Back