Escaping the Partisan Death Spiral

The fucking DEMOCRATS rescued Johnson.

The "two parties" is a pro rasslin' kayfabe act.

I'm aware it was the fucking Democrats.
The Republicans think that 2% can govern the rest, if they just want it enough.

You don't participate anyway, so....

I'm aware it was the fucking Democrats.
The Republicans think that 2% can govern the rest, if they just want it enough.

You don't participate anyway, so....
Nanski Pigloski didn't have any trouble at all governing with only a couple votes more than the "opposition"....But Johnson is the weakest piece of impotent shit since Boehner.....And you wonder why guys like me dropped out? :laugh:

Nanski Pigloski didn't have any trouble at all governing with only a couple votes more than the "opposition"....But Johnson is the weakest piece of impotent shit since Boehner.....And you wonder why guys like me dropped out? :laugh:

Nancy could govern because her guys like you don't drop out.

Who came to the rescue of Mike Johnson yesterday?

You assume that I like you, are contained in that binary box. I'm not. I am a Conservative who is not represented in our system. The system is rigged, not in a right left paradigm, it's not real. They give us two false choices. I can tell you where to find, I can tell you that it was written by a Progressive but that won't matter. You are just too damn lazy to see it for yourself.

You assume that I like you, are contained in that binary box. I'm not. I am a Conservative who is not represented in our system. The system is rigged, not in a right left paradigm, it's not real. They give us two false choices. I can tell you where to find, I can tell you that it was written by a Progressive but that won't matter. You are just too damn lazy to see it for yourself.
Which pretty much underscores that the "two party" system is a fraud....My point in the first place.

She governed because she had a spine....Something that hasn't been seen in the GOP in my lifetime.

There is 1 party that will stick together no matter what.

You have a second party who have a dozen knuckle heads in The Housewho can't get along with anyone.

Democrats understand who their enemy is

You said this:

I'm looking for specific examples of ranked choice voting doing away with the lesser of two evils.

Maybe we should clarify terms. By lesser-of-two-evils I mean the voting strategy where a voter votes for a candidate they don't necessarily like to block another candidate they really can't stand.

That doesn't work with ranked choice voting. In RCV, the way to block a candidate is simply to rank them dead last. You're essentially voting for "anybody but". But you're still free to rank your actual favorite first, without worrying about their chances.

It's sounds like you're looking for specific results or something, but I never made any claims in that regard.

Maybe we should clarify terms. By lesser-of-two-evils I mean the voting strategy where a voter votes for a candidate they don't necessarily like to block another candidate they really can't stand.

That doesn't work with ranked choice voting. In RCV, the way to block a candidate is simply to rank them dead last. You're essentially voting for "anybody but". But you're still free to rank your actual favorite first, without worrying about their chances.

It's sounds like you're looking for specific results or something, but I never made any claims in that regard.

So instead of voting for the one lesser of 2 evils, you simply shift to the two lesser of three evils.

This article is spot on. We've got to wake up and stop falling for the charade of two-party politics.

Isn't that pretty much where we're headed?

I think the threats of violence and collapse are overrated. Most people, regardless of their political affiliation, aren't going to double down on domestic terrorism.

And without a State to back them, its just individuals deciding to blow of up federal buildings, kill cops, and murder 'traitors', trying to seize power through violence.

Ask Tim McVeigh or Daniel Shays how that works out.

And to answer your question, Dblack, I interpreted this statement "As they fought, self‐governance would collapse into anarchy and tyranny.' as referencing a civil war.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back