Prince Harry engaged to Meghan Markle

and economic.....kates baby will be in april....two royal events close together wont make the money they want

and economic.....kates baby will be in april....two royal events close together wont make the money they want

Well, we'll be getting an influx of Americans, eager to get a glimpse of the event. That should swell the coffers. And Windsor is worth a visit.

They'll fly over it en route to Heathrow.

The attitudes, and all that went with it! Social change, and conventions. That sort of thing.
There hasn't been any change in the family. Harry has his own demons to slay. If Harry were the heir to the crown then he would be required to abdicate to marry this girl. No difference.

Harry has a lot of baggage over his mother's death. This marriage of rebellion isn't going to help. This is not a marriage to last.
he could have wed a dozen times the past decade if it were just for rebellion!

No not really. It i possible he tried but he needs the consent of the Queen, both Houses of Parliament and the Church of England in order to marry under the Succession to the Crown Act.
aren't there 4 or 5 people before him, in line for the crown?

And he will continue to move down. He is now head of a cadet branch and so they dont care who he marries. Maybe they figured they could make liberals happy by finding a divorced catholic american with black blood for a throwaway?
He is 6th in the line of succession and will move to 7th and thus outside the Succession to the Crown Act when kate has her next child.
Why does anyone having "black blood" have anything to do with anything? Please explain. What is the problem here?

Well, we'll be getting an influx of Americans, eager to get a glimpse of the event. That should swell the coffers. And Windsor is worth a visit.

And Windsor is worth a visit.
toured it once

Approaching it by river is nice. Did you visit Eton?

toured it once

no, I was stationed in W Ruislip, lived in Slough.

Local girlfriend showed me the sites

They’re only having a modest ceremony in St George’s chapel, it only fits 800 guests!

immediate family?

Questions were being asked who was going to pay for it? The tax payers?
But it's come out that the Royal Family will fund the proceedings.

Meaning the Duchy of Lancaster and the Duchy of Cornwall will pay for it.

I don't know, and I don't care.

It wasnt an attack mindful. That is where their income comes from.

They’re only having a modest ceremony in St George’s chapel, it only fits 800 guests!

immediate family?

Questions were being asked who was going to pay for it? The tax payers?
But it's come out that the Royal Family will fund the proceedings.

Meaning the Duchy of Lancaster and the Duchy of Cornwall will pay for it.

I don't know, and I don't care.

It wasnt an attack mindful. That is where their income comes from.

I didn't say it was.

toured it once

You lived in Slough?

What did you think of that place?

toured it once

You lived in Slough?

What did you think of that place?

seemed a quiet place, didn't see much of town.

Let's hope the Straight Outta Compton relatives don't give the wedding the Chuck E. Cheese treatment.

The attitudes, and all that went with it! Social change, and conventions. That sort of thing.
There hasn't been any change in the family. Harry has his own demons to slay. If Harry were the heir to the crown then he would be required to abdicate to marry this girl. No difference.

Harry has a lot of baggage over his mother's death. This marriage of rebellion isn't going to help. This is not a marriage to last.

No not really. It i possible he tried but he needs the consent of the Queen, both Houses of Parliament and the Church of England in order to marry under the Succession to the Crown Act.
How will they get around her being Catholic? Will they have two ceremonies? They are prohibited by law from raising children as Catholic. Maybe she will convert.

I doubt she is much of a Catholic. Shake some bells and do some chanting and she will never know the difference. I suppose her children will be raised CoE though for what that's worth. Their leader, the Archbishop of Canterbury, understands Muslims, homosexuals and " the but Christians baffle him.
Christians 'baffle" the Archbishop of Canterbury? Seriously? Word to the wise: many LGBT's are Christian by belief.

The royals have become more Liberal, thank God.

Prince Harry engaged to Meghan Markle

The British royal family officially announced Prince Harry's engagement to actress Meghan Markle on Monday, with the wedding set to take place in spring 2018. The couple now begin a media blitz, beginning with an interview that will air on British television later tonight.

What they're saying: Harry's brother and sister-in-law, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, issued a statement: "We are very excited for Harry and Meghan. It has been wonderful getting to know Meghan and to see how happy she and Harry are together."

It's always about politics with you clowns isn't it. Why is it not possible for a man to love a woman and not have a bunch of self appointed "experts" telling everyone how they need to live their lives. You people are pathetic.

Royal marriages always have a political element. Always.

When they are between royalty of nations you are correct. Not any longer though.

Let's hope the Straight Outta Compton relatives don't give the wedding the Chuck E. Cheese treatment.
straight outta Compton relatives?

who would that be?
"Straight out of Compton" is some racist thing advertised by people who think that it is wrong to have a descent from relatives from the continent of Africa. It's an ignorance thing, done to show off how little the speaker knows.

who would that be?
"Straight out of Compton" is some racist thing advertised by people who think that it is wrong to have a descent from relatives from the continent of Africa. It's an ignorance thing, done to show off how little the speaker knows.
Oh, I know it was racist.

But considering the social standing of the Markles, I find her insult doubling the humor of it

How will they get around her being Catholic? Will they have two ceremonies? They are prohibited by law from raising children as Catholic. Maybe she will convert.

I doubt she is much of a Catholic. Shake some bells and do some chanting and she will never know the difference. I suppose her children will be raised CoE though for what that's worth. Their leader, the Archbishop of Canterbury, understands Muslims, homosexuals and " the but Christians baffle him.
Christians 'baffle" the Archbishop of Canterbury? Seriously? Word to the wise: many LGBT's are Christian by belief.

I doubt that.

But I was referring to the bishops remarks about being baffled by American Christians. His words not mine.
I can’t afund ny record of his ever expressing bafflement about Muslims homosexuals or atheists though.

Last edited:

who would that be?
Oh, I know it was racist.

But considering the social standing of the Markles, I find her insult doubling the humor of it

I took it for granted that everyone knew that Doris Ragland was from Compton, Crenshaw district to be a bit more precise.

What is the social standing of the Markles? Or what do you think it is. Thomas Markle dumped Doris, filed for bankruptcy and now lives in Mexico with his new wife. It is to his credit that he took steps to remain close to his daughter (unless that's part of the story).

What did you think the social standing of this family was? Really? Why did Meghan Markle leave her mother in Los Angeles and move to Canada?

Forum List

Back