Prison: A Waste of Human Life

I don't confuse the issues at all. I'm quite clear.

His changing is great... good for him...i hope he dies knowing what he did was wrong and he is suffering the punishment for said crimes. The change has no bearing on if he should or should not be executed.

no sky.... you are very muddled about the issues you are discussing.

If you are against the death penalty... fine.

If you say HE should not be put to death because he is a "changed man" that is not the same issue... nor does it have any bearing on the DP or his execution.

I am against the death penalty. I also know this man.

He was wrongly convicted. He is also a changed man.

You have no business telling me I'm "muddled". That's a personal attack and doesn't do much for your argument.

Topic 1
You are against the death penalty... fine
Stick to the death penelty

Topic 2
you know this man and have a personal reason not to want HIM dead

I write to prisoners and I am friends with a few

Topic 3
The circumstances of conviction. Innocent or not.

What I'm struck by is that the sentences don't always match the crime and that the innocent also wind up in prison.

Topic 4
Coming to jesus moments in prison "the changed man" syndrome.

I would like to discuss the transformation that sometimes occurs to remarkable prisoners as a result of their incarceration.

Topic 5
Writing as a reason not to be executed.

Jarvis Masters is the author of Finding Freedom. He is one such remarkable man, living on Death Row in San Quentin Prison.

Sounds damn muddled to me.....

We are talking about one man, who I happen to know pretty well, not what some vague, "most" do.

You 'know' him or you think you know him? How much time have you spent with him?

First of all, I'd prefer to get back on topic. My personal life is not relevant.

Jarvis Masters is not guilty of the crime for which he recieved the death penalty. I oppose capitial punishment.

I think prison is a waste of human life.

I think people who kill other people are a waste of human life.

Come back and talk to me when you've stood beside the body of a loved one who's dead because some other fucking POS scum 'had a bad fucking day'.

What are you talking about? If you have a problem with me, address it privately and don't derail the thread.

So it's OK for you to derail a thread, but you don't want it done to you? :cuckoo:

I started the thread. I'm trying to stay on topic. Will you join me?

Personal problems belong in PM and not on a thread.

Blagger started the Lockdown On London thread. Why was it OK for you to try to push his thread off the rails??

So it's OK for you to derail a thread, but you don't want it done to you? :cuckoo:

Blagger started the Lockdown On London thread. Why was it OK for you to try to push his thread off the rails??

I don't believe I've even posted on that thread. What are you talking about?

People in India, the poor in America, forced sterilization and the Nazi's.

Ring any bells??

The death penalty is much more expensive than life without parole because the Constitution requires a long and complex judicial process for capital cases. This process is needed in order to ensure that innocent men and woman are not executed for crimes they did not commit, and even with these protections the risk of executing an innocent person can not be completely eliminated.

If the death penalty was replaced with a sentence of Life Without the Possibility of Parole*, which costs millions less and also ensures that the public is protected while eliminating the risk of an irreversible mistake, the money saved could be spent on programs that actually improve the communities in which we live.
Death Penalty : The High Cost of the Death Penalty

But you are advocating releasing convicted murderers because you personally believe they've changed. You also believed you should let your dog live on in pain rather than humanely euthanizing him. Your judgement is suspect.

You 'know' him or you think you know him? How much time have you spent with him?

First of all, I'd prefer to get back on topic. My personal life is not relevant.

Jarvis Masters is not guilty of the crime for which he recieved the death penalty. I oppose capitial punishment.

Come back and talk to me when you've stood beside the body of a loved one who's dead because some other fucking POS scum 'had a bad fucking day'.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Jarvis didn't kill anyone.

His changing is great... good for him...i hope he dies knowing what he did was wrong and he is suffering the punishment for said crimes. The change has no bearing on if he should or should not be executed.

no sky.... you are very muddled about the issues you are discussing.

If you are against the death penalty... fine.

If you say HE should not be put to death because he is a "changed man" that is not the same issue... nor does it have any bearing on the DP or his execution.

You have no business telling me I'm "muddled". That's a personal attack and doesn't do much for your argument.

Topic 1

Topic 2

Topic 3

Topic 4

I would like to discuss the transformation that sometimes occurs to remarkable prisoners as a result of their incarceration.

Topic 5

Jarvis Masters is the author of Finding Freedom. He is one such remarkable man, living on Death Row in San Quentin Prison.

Sounds like a complex topic, and one you may not be capable of discussing.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Jarvis didn't kill anyone.

conspiracy in a murder.... same thing.

Topic 1

Topic 2

Topic 3

Topic 4

Topic 5

Sounds like a complex topic, and one you may not be capable of discussing.

Very complex topics.... of which you muddle.

Jarvis Masters is a Buddhist meditator and a talented writer. He had the karma to be convicted for armed robbery and imprisoned in San Quentin. He joined a gang. He was asked to sharpen a shiv, and he was willing to do so, but he was taken off the task because he was too slow. He had the karma to be convicted of conspiracy to committ murder.

The sentencing in Jarvis case did not fit the crime. The man who stabbed the guard got LWOP and the man who ordered the hit, got LWOP. Jarvis got a life sentence. He is on Death Row.

Jarvis feels that his karma caused him to have that unfair sentencing. Without being imprisoned and facing death, he would not have taken up meditation, or writing, both of which have transformed his mind and heart.

I understand the hatred that people have for criminals. They want vengeance. I understand that. I understand anger and hatred. I don't agree with the state acting out vengeance and revenge in the form of execution.

I am against capital punishment.

I know it is possible for people to change, because that is my life's work. Changing myself, and helping others change.

I'm not going to tell my story of how I know Jarvis, because I've seen that every single time I post any personal information, it's a mistake.

I think prison is a complete waste of human life, and yet, some people are better off in prison. Pedophiles, for example, cannot be rehabilitated.

I am firm in my convictions, that LWOP is the appropriate sentence, not execution.

People in India, the poor in America, forced sterilization and the Nazi's.

Ring any bells??

Nope.

Don't play stupid, even though it fits well on you.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3980747-post481.html

That is, unless you'd rather we mimicked India, and took care of nobody.

The poor in America ARE more fortunate. Would you rather we hold our heads high and care for our people or be more like a third world country?

YOU don't get to sterilize poor people. That is so Nazi.

Oh, by the way skydummy, you're wasting your time changing your cock-sucker avatars.

I can ad-block them as fast as you can change them.

Thanks to Ravi, for posting the way to block them. :thup:

Forum List

Back