Private Gun ownership Save Lives.

So how is his gun affecting you, or the country?

It's increasing the odds that I (we) are killed by gun fire.

His gun? How close are you to his location?

Unless you are a criminal yourself you know your chance of being shot and killed by any gun is incredibly small, right?

However if he is attacked and unarmed his chance of being killed is much higher.

Yup, his gun. Which part didn't you understand? Every gun owned in this country increases the chances I or anyone will be killed by a gun. It's basic math.

Unless you are a criminal yourself you know your chance of being shot and killed by any gun is incredibly small, right?

However if he is attacked and unarmed his chance of being killed is much higher.

Yup, his gun. Which part didn't you understand? Every gun owned in this country increases the chances I or anyone will be killed by a gun. It's basic math.

The same as every car on the road increases you chance of being run over, and by a much larger chance then of you getting shot.

His gun affects you in no way whatsoever, because he Isnt shooting at you.

So how is his gun affecting you, or the country?

Only if you are the type of person who invades another person's home or attacks another person.

I haven't had any of my guns, which I have owned many different guns since I got my first .22 when I was 6. Not a single one has every jumped up and shot itself.

False. I don't think those kids at Newtown were invading anyones homes when they were shot. Same things with the people in Aurora.

More guns means more likelihood of being shot. It's a very basic concept. Being very basic people, this shouldn't be difficult for you to grasp.

oh really. stats show more gun ownership does create a safer society. the number of guns has close to doubled since the assault rifle ban was lifted. yet the number of homocides per year has dropped steadilly. More guns = less homicides. how do those stats show increases in guns do not make for a safer society?

LOL, We have more guns than any place on the planet. Why are we not the safest place on the planet?

so you didn't answer my question. I will take that as you don't have an answer for it.

We have more guns than any place on the planet. Why are we not the safest place on the planet?

The same as every car on the road increases you chance of being run over, and by a much larger chance then of you getting shot.

You're slowly catching on. This is basic math here. You're doing it!

If more guns = more deaths, then we would have, proportionally, more gun related deaths than anywhere else.
We do not.
So much for that.

Which 1st world nation has more gun deaths than us? I'll wait for your insightful answer.

So ban cars then.

There are far more cars right in you vicinity that are a threat to you. I would worry about them more than someones gun 1000 miles away from you.

As for where crime guns came from, the study notes that less than two percent of convicted inmates reported buying their weapons at gun shows or flea markets. The highest number, 40 percent, said the guns came from a family member or a friend. About 37 percent said the weapons were stolen or obtained from an illegal source. The rest say the guns were bought at a retail store or pawn shop.

02% Gun Shows/Flea Markets
40% Family Member/Friend
37% Stolen
79%

That leaves 21% being bought at Gun Stores where background checks are mandatory by law.

This is exactly why we need background checks for ALL gun transactions, not just those sold at gun stores.

Are you being intentionally dense?

21% of guns used in crimes were bought where background checks are already required by law and did no good.

Add into that that nearly 90% of the denials are false positives and that the Feds have prosecuted less than 1/2 of 1% of those who were illegally attempting to purchase a gun, what good will more background checks do?

only in the case of guns the math says more guns are resulting in less deaths.

If more guns = more deaths, then we would have, proportionally, more gun related deaths than anywhere else.
We do not.
So much for that.

Which 1st world nation has more gun deaths than us? I'll wait for your insightful answer.

which means nothing. you are advocating tougher gun laws would reduce those deaths. tougher gun laws have not demonstrated greated reductions in gun deaths.

So ban cars then.

There are far more cars right in you vicinity that are a threat to you. I would worry about them more than someones gun 1000 miles away from you.

I can think of a very useful purpose for cars beyond killing people. Can you say the same for guns? Nope.

LOL, We have more guns than any place on the planet. Why are we not the safest place on the planet?

so you didn't answer my question. I will take that as you don't have an answer for it.

We have more guns than any place on the planet. Why are we not the safest place on the planet?

which again is not answering the question. and you can't answer the question because the facts prove your claims are wrong.

We do not.
So much for that.

which means nothing. you are advocating tougher gun laws would reduce those deaths. tougher gun laws have not demonstrated greated reductions in gun deaths.

Australia, UK, Japan, Canada, Germany and every other 1st world nation disagrees with you.

But who cares about facts, right?

Was this the information you were thinking of?
As your information does not mention in any way the number of guns in each country - no.
But then you knew that.
That is, you failed to meaningfully address the challenge, and did so on purpose.

Also by isolating only gun related deaths, one makes the assumption that if the criminal did not have a gun, no death would occur, instead of reality where the criminal will find some other way to kill the person.

CDC Statistics show that there were only 11,000 gun related homicides. If you include suicides, you could say it would be around 32,000. Liberals love to skew the facts. Guns are bad, they are sentient and willfully kill without thought.

That's pretty lame if you ask me.

which again is not answering the question. and you can't answer the question because the facts prove your claims are wrong.

So no answer, huh? Weird how you avoid answering something that you proves your baseless claims to be false.

So ban cars then.

I can think of a very useful purpose for cars beyond killing people. Can you say the same for guns? Nope.

Then you aren't thinking very hard.

Or is it that you are simply not thinking, just sucking down the Anti-Gun lies?

So ban cars then.

Being able to kill someone who is trying to harm you is a very useful purpose.

But you prefer people who are weaker or smaller than their attacker to have no chance at defending themselves.

So ban cars then.

Then you aren't thinking very hard.

Or is it that you are simply not thinking, just sucking down the Anti-Gun lies?

Solid reply. Your examples of where I was wrong and how guns are useful and necessary in society are well laid out and clear. No arguing that.....:cuckoo:

So ban cars then.

sure. .000036% of all guns kill someone. the other 99.999% are doing something other than killing. a higher percentage of all cars on the road kill people then the percent of guns do. you can't get anything right can you

Forum List

Back