Private Gun ownership Save Lives.

Skull Pilot -

You might have been brainwashed to think that but I'd rather not wait for the cops to show up and analyze my blood spatter patterns.

You live in a country with 5 times as many gun-related homicides than I do.

You seem to consider this a fine state of affairs.

I call that the result of brainwashing.

Americans need to ask themselves WHY the rate of homicide is so high, and what freedoms might be achieved by lowering it.

And you live in a country with a high violent crime rate.

So do you just stand there and let some thugs beat or stab you while waiting for the Bobbies?

Or do you recommend hand to hand combat against superior opponents?

If I see a problem, I call the cops. That's it.

Believe it or not - that works. And it works because the criminals do not have guns.

Skull Pilot -

Americans need to ask themselves WHY the rate of homicide is so high, and what freedoms might be achieved by lowering it.

So do you just stand there and let some thugs beat or stab you while waiting for the Bobbies?

Believe it or not - that works. And it works because the criminals do not have guns.

Typical european mindset that your betters (knights/cops) are responsible for your safety instead of you being responsible for your own safety.

Of course thats what you get when the concept of soverginity flows from the sovereign down to the people, instead of our view, where sovreginity flows from the people to the government in a limited way.

Skull Pilot -

But they have knives, bats, etc and you just have to either take them on or stand there and get beaten for however long it takes for the Bobbies to show up and blow their little whistles.

If that's what you want then I'm fine with it. i would rather have the ability to defend my wife, my family and myself. You see I don't give a shit if a criminal is armed with a gun, a knife, a pipe or a fucking toothpick if he is hell bent on doing me harm I want to respond with overwhelming decisive and instant force from a distance so as to protect my family. You want to stand there and let your wife get beaten.

Skull Pilot -

You have to try to use a little common sense here. I think it is worth a few minutes of your time to try to understand how things work in other countries.

I find most violence avoidable. I don't go to bars that have a bad reputation, and I don't get into a lot of discussions in taxi queues with people too drunk to stand. If I sense a problem, I walk away.

I have never once been in a fight. I have seen 2 or 3 fights in bars, but never seen a gun pulled, and never felt threatened. I called the cops once, and they were there in a few minutes.

What you have to keep in mind is that less people get killed in my society than in yours.

If you want to ridicule that, fine, but your stats on this don't seem any laughing matter to me.

Skull Pilot -

You have to try to use a little common sense here. I think it is worth a few minutes of your time to try to understand how things work in other countries.

I find most violence avoidable. I don't go to bars that have a bad reputation, and I don't get into a lot of discussions in taxi queues with people too drunk to stand. If I sense a problem, I walk away.

I have never once been in a fight. I have seen 2 or 3 fights in bars, but never seen a gun pulled, and never felt threatened. I called the cops once, and they were there in a few minutes.

What you have to keep in mind is that less people get killed in my society than in yours.

If you want to ridicule that, fine, but your stats on this don't seem any laughing matter to me.

So you basically let the yobs have the run of the areas they want, and you meekly hide yourself as much as possible in the hope they leave you alone.

If more guns=more security, we would have the fewest gun deaths in the history of the planet since our society, by far, has the most guns in the hands of its citizens.
Compare the number of guns in the US to the number of gun-related homicides.
Do the same for any other country you care to name.
If and when you muster the courage to do so, post your findings.

Was this the information you were thinking of?

firearm-OECD-UN-data3.jpg

Chart: The U.S. has far more gun-related killings than any other developed country

If and when you muster the courage to do so, tell us how this shows guns making people safe in the USA.

I stopped arguing with people about this; the data clearly shows the more guns in the society, the more deaths you suffer at the business end of those guns. All of the other "yeah but" commentary is moronic and quickly followed by the personal insult. It's like the teenager who "borrows" the family car, wrecks it then claims that at least she wasn't drunk while driving into the telephone pole.

Skull Pilot -

And you think that because I own a gun and have a carry permit that I just go around looking for trouble? Really?

I haven't been in a fist fight since High School and I didn't start that one. Even though I owned a rifle and a pistol while I was in HS I didn't track the asshole who started the fight down and shoot him.

The last time I called the cops it took 45 minutes for anyone to show up and then even though i was the victim of a break in the fucking cops treated me like I was the criminal. You'd do better to put more trust in yourself than in cops.

But people get killed nonetheless and you have no way to effectively protect yourself should you be the victim.

I've said it before and I'll say it again when there is a 100% certainty that no one will ever break into my home with the intent of doing my wife or me harm i will gladly give up my guns.

Stating the fact that you are denied an effective way to protect yourself is not ridicule it is a fact.

I stopped arguing with people about this; the data clearly shows the more guns in the society, the more deaths you suffer at the business end of those guns.
This is a lie.
The only way to show that more guns = more gun related deaths is to compare the number of guns to the number of deaths.
You and the rest of your ilk refuse to do this because you know it will prove you wrong.

Thank you for further proving that anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

Pilot -

And you think that because I own a gun and have a carry permit that I just go around looking for trouble? Really?

No, not at all! I'm sorry if I gave that impression!

I was speaking only of myself there.

But people get killed nonetheless and you have no way to effectively protect yourself should you be the victim.

They do - but in much lesser numbers than in the US.

One way to think of this is what is worse - a fun between two armed people, and a fight between two unarmed people.

We have as many fights as you do, I'm sure, but the lacks of guns just means people don't tend to get badly hurt (unless they were looking for trouble).

Skull Pilot -

The cops will have plenty of time to figure out who put that kitchen knife through your heart... I'm certain of it.

Compare the number of guns in the US to the number of gun-related homicides.
Do the same for any other country you care to name.
If and when you muster the courage to do so, post your findings.

Was this the information you were thinking of?

firearm-OECD-UN-data3.jpg

Chart: The U.S. has far more gun-related killings than any other developed country

If and when you muster the courage to do so, tell us how this shows guns making people safe in the USA.

I stopped arguing with people about this; the data clearly shows the more guns in the society, the more deaths you suffer at the business end of those guns. All of the other "yeah but" commentary is moronic and quickly followed by the personal insult. It's like the teenager who "borrows" the family car, wrecks it then claims that at least she wasn't drunk while driving into the telephone pole.

The data also shows that they excluded Mexico, I guess they didn't want Obama's Fast and Furious guns to get taken off the U.S. list.

Pilot -

One way to think of this is what is worse - a fun between two armed people, and a fight between two unarmed people.

We have as many fights as you do, I'm sure, but the lacks of guns just means people don't tend to get badly hurt (unless they were looking for trouble).

Saigon, are you still running around spreading your gun violence bullshit?

Facts are, once again.

The USA since doing away with Clinton's Assault weapons ban have seen the same rate decrease in gun violence as any country with strict gun laws to outright gun bans. Instilling tough gun laws has not reduced gun violence any more than lax laws. Now those are the facts

Pilot -

Saigon, are you still running around spreading your gun violence bullshit?

Facts are, once again.

The USA since doing away with Clinton's Assault weapons ban have seen the same rate decrease in gun violence as any country with strict gun laws to outright gun bans. Instilling tough gun laws has not reduced gun violence any more than lax laws. Now those are the facts
You'll not get far with Saigon here -- like a good partisan bigot, she willfully ignores the facts, so that she can push her agenda.

Pilot -

I don't care about other people as much as I do my wife. People have always killed other people even before guns were invented and people will always kill other people. The only thing that prevents many from being a murder victim is the ability to effectively protect themselves from those who would do them harm.

If two yahoos want to have a shoot out I don't really care. If one asshole breaks into my home with the intent of harm I want the ability to shoot the fucker. I don't want to be forced to stand there wringing my hands while he brutalizes my wife and kills my dogs waiting for the local doughnut eaters to show up.

My and my wife's protection is MY responsibility not the government's.

Pilot -

I don't care about other people as much as I do my wife. People have always killed other people even before guns were invented and people will always kill other people. The only thing that prevents many from being a murder victim is the ability to effectively protect themselves from those who would do them harm.

If two yahoos want to have a shoot out I don't really care. If one asshole breaks into my home with the intent of harm I want the ability to shoot the fucker. I don't want to be forced to stand there wringing my hands while he brutalizes my wife and kills my dogs waiting for the local doughnut eaters to show up.

Me, Me, Me. That's all that comes out of your mouth.

You do know that it's "We the People...." not "Me the People.." Right?

While you "protect your wife", real people are being murdered at a way too rapid rate, people who are not unarmed and even those who are armed. The facts are, guns are making it easier for people to kill in this country, not easier to protect.

Pilot -

While you "protect your wife", real people are being murdered at a way too rapid rate, people who are not unarmed and even those who are armed. The facts are, guns are making it easier for people to kill in this country, not easier to protect.

It must be tough to live in fear all the time.

Pilot -

We the people do not have the right to tell me the people how to defend myself within the bounds set by the 2nd amendment. Thats the whole concept behind consitutionally protective rights.

its another one of the concepts you progressive lemmings cannot seem to get through your thin skulls.

Pilot -

what you are forgetting is we the people have a constitutional right ot bear arms. a right that is not to be infringed. and you the people have no right to take away the rights of we the people

Forum List

Back