Private Gun ownership Save Lives.

Are more lives saved or destroyed by guns? Think about it...

saved, by a very wide margin

And you see that in the graph posted above your post, do you?

Honestly - there is absolutely no fact, no figure, no reality and no truth that you would not deny out of sheer, partisan loyalty is there?

yea i see that graph, and it has absolutely nothing at all to do with how many lives are saved by guns so for god sakes stop trying to use data that doesn't apply to spin your argument.

I don't care about other people as much as I do my wife. People have always killed other people even before guns were invented and people will always kill other people. The only thing that prevents many from being a murder victim is the ability to effectively protect themselves from those who would do them harm.

If two yahoos want to have a shoot out I don't really care. If one asshole breaks into my home with the intent of harm I want the ability to shoot the fucker. I don't want to be forced to stand there wringing my hands while he brutalizes my wife and kills my dogs waiting for the local doughnut eaters to show up.

My and my wife's protection is MY responsibility not the government's.

Me, Me, Me. That's all that comes out of your mouth.

You do know that it's "We the People...." not "Me the People.." Right?

While you "protect your wife", real people are being murdered at a way too rapid rate, people who are not unarmed and even those who are armed. The facts are, guns are making it easier for people to kill in this country, not easier to protect.

It must be tough to live in fear all the time.

Says the guy who insists on hiding behind a gun for protection. :eusa_eh:

I don't care about other people as much as I do my wife. People have always killed other people even before guns were invented and people will always kill other people. The only thing that prevents many from being a murder victim is the ability to effectively protect themselves from those who would do them harm.

If two yahoos want to have a shoot out I don't really care. If one asshole breaks into my home with the intent of harm I want the ability to shoot the fucker. I don't want to be forced to stand there wringing my hands while he brutalizes my wife and kills my dogs waiting for the local doughnut eaters to show up.

While you "protect your wife", real people are being murdered at a way too rapid rate, people who are not unarmed and even those who are armed. The facts are, guns are making it easier for people to kill in this country, not easier to protect.

what you are forgetting is we the people have a constitutional right ot bear arms. a right that is not to be infringed. and you the people have no right to take away the rights of we the people

That's all great, but none of that has any impact on the stats that prove that increased gun ownership does not make for a safer society.

Pilot -

No, not at all! I'm sorry if I gave that impression!

I was speaking only of myself there.

They do - but in much lesser numbers than in the US.

One way to think of this is what is worse - a fun between two armed people, and a fight between two unarmed people.

We have as many fights as you do, I'm sure, but the lacks of guns just means people don't tend to get badly hurt (unless they were looking for trouble).

Are you going to protect me and my wife if some drug addict breaks into my home with a knife or a bat?

You the people won't be in my home in the middle of the night to protect me from some criminal hell bent on doing harm will you?

My wife is the only real person I care about. I put her safety ahead of every other person on this fucking planet. I know that's hard for someone like you who would stand there and watch your wife get raped and brutalized while waiting for the fucking cops to get their fat doughnut eating asses to your house because you think that having a gun will cause some other random person to be killed.

Are you going to protect me and my wife if some drug addict breaks into my home with a knife or a bat?

You the people won't be in my home in the middle of the night to protect me from some criminal hell bent on doing harm will you?

My wife is the only real person I care about. I put her safety ahead of every other person on this fucking planet. I know that's hard for someone like you who would stand there and watch your wife get raped and brutalized while waiting for the fucking cops to get their fat doughnut eating asses to your house because you think that having a gun will cause some other random person to be killed.

Thanks for literally repeating your self centered post from earlier. We know you only care about you. You've made that abundantly clear.

I care about both my family AND the country. That must be what makes me one of those damn "communists".

Here is something that I was surprised to see MSNBC even did a report on..

Gun violence in US has fallen dramatically over past 20 years, Justice Dept. report finds - U.S. News

Gun violence in US has fallen dramatically over past 20 years, Justice Dept. report finds

By Pete Williams, NBC News chief justice correspondent

Gun violence in America has fallen dramatically over the past two decades, and the number of murders committed with a firearm is down too, though guns are still by far the leading type of crime weapon, according to a new report from the Justice Department.

As for where crime guns came from, the study notes that less than two percent of convicted inmates reported buying their weapons at gun shows or flea markets. The highest number, 40 percent, said the guns came from a family member or a friend. About 37 percent said the weapons were stolen or obtained from an illegal source. The rest say the guns were bought at a retail store or pawn shop.

Murders committed with a gun dropped 39 percent to 11,101 in 2011, from a high of 18,253 in 1993, according to the report.

Other crimes committed with guns were down even more sharply — from 1.53 million in 1993 to 467,300 in 2011, a drop of 70 percent, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics.

Around 70 percent of murders were committed with a firearm, and of those, the vast majority involved a handgun -- fluctuating between 70-80 percent.

The report is strictly factual and offers no analysis about the reasons for the decline in gun violence.

Hmmmmm...

Conceal Carry Permits are at all time highs.

Private Ownership of guns are up.

Gun Violence at record lows.

Interesting to say the least, eh?

Thanks for literally repeating your self centered post from earlier. We know you only care about you. You've made that abundantly clear.

I care about both my family AND the country. That must be what makes me one of those damn "communists".

So how is his gun affecting you, or the country?

what you are forgetting is we the people have a constitutional right ot bear arms. a right that is not to be infringed. and you the people have no right to take away the rights of we the people

That's all great, but none of that has any impact on the stats that prove that increased gun ownership does not make for a safer society.

oh really. stats show more gun ownership does create a safer society. the number of guns has close to doubled since the assault rifle ban was lifted. yet the number of homocides per year has dropped steadilly. More guns = less homicides. how do those stats show increases in guns do not make for a safer society?

so what your saying is it's all about you

As for where crime guns came from, the study notes that less than two percent of convicted inmates reported buying their weapons at gun shows or flea markets. The highest number, 40 percent, said the guns came from a family member or a friend. About 37 percent said the weapons were stolen or obtained from an illegal source. The rest say the guns were bought at a retail store or pawn shop.

02% Gun Shows/Flea Markets
40% Family Member/Friend
37% Stolen
79%

That leaves 21% being bought at Gun Stores where background checks are mandatory by law.

It's increasing the odds that I (we) are killed by gun fire.

oh really. stats show more gun ownership does create a safer society. the number of guns has close to doubled since the assault rifle ban was lifted. yet the number of homocides per year has dropped steadilly. More guns = less homicides. how do those stats show increases in guns do not make for a safer society?

LOL, We have more guns than any place on the planet. Why are we not the safest place on the planet?

His gun? How close are you to his location?

Unless you are a criminal yourself you know your chance of being shot and killed by any gun is incredibly small, right?

However if he is attacked and unarmed his chance of being killed is much higher.

so what your saying is it's all about you

Exactly! You is smarts.

the odds have been decreasing steadily since the assualt weapons ban has been dropped. more guns, more people, less homicides. quit being such a drama queen

Only if you are the type of person who invades another person's home or attacks another person.

I haven't had any of my guns, which I have owned many different guns since I got my first .22 when I was 6. Not a single one has every jumped up and shot itself.

02% Gun Shows/Flea Markets
40% Family Member/Friend
37% Stolen
79%

That leaves 21% being bought at Gun Stores where background checks are mandatory by law.

This is exactly why we need background checks for ALL gun transactions, not just those sold at gun stores.

LOL, We have more guns than any place on the planet. Why are we not the safest place on the planet?

so you didn't answer my question. I will take that as you don't have an answer for it.

Forum List

Back