Private Mail and Package Services - The end of the USPS ?

Are you satisfied with the USPS delivery times and pricing?

• Yes

• No

• Hell no!

Results are only viewable after voting.

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2013
Everywhere needed
A new wave of package and mail delivery services is taking the nation by storm....

Private mail delivery. CitizenShipp now has over 3 million members and growing exponentially.

The amazing part is that every participant is self employed!

The web site allows people with qualifying credentials (a home, work history and background check passed) to become "PLH hubs". Hubs are local PRIVATE homes or businesses that accept your packages and mail in your local area and deliver them to Great hubs called WAH's. WAH or Wide Area Hubs are PRIVATE homes or businesses that serve larger areas. The network resembles the Postal Service Networks or those of UPS or FED-Ex, but it's all private. Private vehicles then deliver bulk deliveries to other cities in a brilliant system of transfer hubs that is both exceptionally efficient and cost effective. The website tracks deliveries and monitors flow of packages using system generated tracking ID's, just like the US Postal Service.

It reminds me of the start up of Walmart. If you haven't heard of it yet....you soon will.

At this time packages are the vast majority of their business but regular mail could be integrated as their network of hubs and transport agents grows.
If you're willing to put a special "mail box" up exclusively for CS. Currently, the USPS unions are filing legal challenges and lobbying Congres to prohibit home owners from having any type "mail or package" receptacle on your property that isn't exclusively for the USPS service. It's to be seen if the USPS can effectively block homeowners from placing such a device on their private property.

These networks are springing up across the country and as of December 2017, there are 17,800 PLH hubs and 4,637 WAH's. To use the service you register at their website as either a customer, transport agent or a hub. Many Uber and Lyft drivers are finding this a boon to their incomes. Shipping rates are incredibly affordable because there are no unions and everyone is basically self employed. Delivery of a 20lb package from Florida to California for example can run as low as $6.00 and have a 3 day delivery.
A 50lb package can be delivered from San Diego to New York in 3 days for $15.00. That's over $100 less than any of the major carries do today!

PLH Hub owners are reporting incomes of $5,000 per month or more while many WAH hub owners are making well over $8,000 per month. It seems there's plenty for all as drivers and handlers are all reportedly doing well also. Seems to be a win-win for everyone.

To date, the fault rate has been FAR lower than any of the major delivery services with an astonishing 1 fault in 5,500 packages delivered. Not one hub has been cited or closed due to fraud or service problems. This would make the Post Master General soaking wet with anxiety sweat.

Delivery times of 1/2 to 1/3 Postal Service times have been consistently reported.

The website is easy to navigate and it's set up to be easy and intuitive to use. Modeled on Ubers business model and combining a high tech array of mobile apps and online sites, CS may just be what the doctor ordered to get around Americas Postal Service woes...and get mail and packages moving again.

Experts are saying that CitizenShipp, at the current rate of growth, there will be over 50,000 PLH hubs by 2019 and over 15,000 WAH hubs delivering over 10 million packages a month....all by private individuals....in less time than it takes the USPS to deliver your USPS mail across town.

With service like that, at those rates.....the USPS just became obsolete.

Did you enjoy this fictional story?
It's actually a story of frustration with the USPS. The USPS seems to be going to hell. In a word....Unions and government at it's best.
Packages are getting lost, delayed and the USPS is simply covering it up (or trying to).
Why hasn't someone done something like this? <sigh>

I see the USPS doing more package deliveries not less

They are doing the local delivery tasks for the shipping companies that don't want to be bothered

I even see them delivering packages on Sunday's

Does this board allow free advertisement?

I am thinking that the delivery of mail is a protected function of the USPS. Packages, not so much. I do not find fault in USPS, UPS, FEDX or any of the already existing package delivery services, why reinvent the wheel.

At 5000 a month it sure should like this will be much more expensive.

They are doing the local delivery tasks for the shipping companies that don't want to be bothered

Well, being a hard core Leftist, you would be expected to favor unions and big government regardless of the waste and inefficiency. Are you a current or retired postal employee maybe?

I see my packages taking over a week to move 20 miles in the local area.
I see expected delivery dates of 5 days turn into 10-12 day deliverys.

The USPS has never been known for it's efficiency. Unions and all that.
If you've ever been into a Postal Facility, you can see that no matter how long the lines, there's never any sense of "urgency" among those behind the counter.

Does this board allow free advertisement?
I am thinking that the delivery of mail is a protected function of the USPS. Packages, not so much. I do not find fault in USPS, UPS, FEDX or any of the already existing package delivery services, why reinvent the wheel.
At 5000 a month it sure should like this will be much more expensive.

Advertisement? lol
You kinda missed something

If you've ever been into a Postal Facility, you can see that no matter how long the lines, there's never any sense of "urgency" among those behind the counter.
Don't know where you live
I get most packages within days, with USPS doing the actual deliveries

The USPS is a model of efficiency. They will deliver a letter from NY to California for under 50 cents

FedEx won't even make a delivery across town for 50 cents

The USPS is a model of efficiency. They will deliver a letter from NY to California for under 50 cents

Granted, the service "could" be particularly worse where I am.

Googling USPS usually results in a plethora of remarks similar to mine.

I think that it is fair to say that many clerks and letter carriers of the United States Postal Service have improved their attitudes and work ethics since so many people no longer send personal letters or business letters anymore.

In my area, I would definitely rate home delivery service as -- generally speaking -- A minus.

I have been disturbed to note, however, that a few carriers do NOT want to take the time to ring the bell in order to have the occupant sign for a package. So some carriers just leave a note that says something like: "You were not home when I rang the doorbell. You can pick up your package at the post office."

To the best of my knowledge, no one working for UPS or FedEx would dare be so derelict in duty.

I do believe that private enterprise is -- usually -- more efficient and that it is easier to hold employees accountable.

Wow....4 to 1 right now in favor of the USPS......

Make me wonder if I just happen to live in an area that's having ongoing issues with the hubs nearby.

Those would be WPB, Broward county and Dade counties (Miami), all S. Florida

I've never seen mail delivery so bad.

• What is CitizenShipp's recourse process?
  • How is express delivery handled?
  • What is the delivery confirmation process, i.e., their offering that competes with signature-required, registered and certified delivery?

Yep - I love USPS and the gal who's been my carrier for 12 years and counting. USPS is now delivering on Sundays for Amazon Prime. Doubt if Amazon would consider using CitizenShipper. Interesting idea but we'll have to wait and see.

If the USPS could stop deliveries in rural areas they would be much more profitable
But Red States won't have it

I wonder if Amazon is overloading the USPS in South Florida?

I can tell you I love my carrier and it has nothing to do with my carrier.
They can't deliver packages until they arrive at their (my local) Postal unit.

But that's the problem. They bounce around sometimes for a week in la la land.

It's getting worse. Could be Amazon related?

usps is the best thing since sliced bread.... I have a small internet business and shipping lightweight packages, from 1 oz to 4 lbs, USPS is near half the price of Fedx and UPS....

they come to your house to pick up, every day, you can order a special pick up at an odd hour, they cover your insurance up to $100 a package and deliver in 3 days, even from Maine to California, and give you free tracking... or it is included in the small business price....

And they handle International shipping up to 4 lbs, at 40% less than Fedx.

My business and millions of others, would be crap if customers had to pay the higher prices of UPS and Fedx to get their merchandise....

USPS is the number one shipper of small packages in the USA.

And I thank God for them, every single day but Sunday, rain or shine!

Last edited:
The office supply chains, if their local stores have your item, they use local couriers to get it to you within 24 hours. I love it.

Well, being a hard core Leftist, you would be expected to favor unions and big government regardless of the waste and inefficiency. Are you a current or retired postal employee maybe?

My local postal service sucks. Mail delivered to wrong addresses. A few times took over a week to receive my checks from work, 20 miles away. Actually now have to meet my boss to get paid as I couldn't rely on the mail.
Government union workers suck.

Forum List

Back