Privilege; not as much as race!

For there are millions of poor white people in America for whom their skin color brings no advantage at all (and some number of well-to-do people of color for whom it does). This means that, while race still matters, we would be foolish not to consider privilege primarily in terms of class.

Race matters, but not as much as privilege.
Pene, have you not figured out yet that most find RACE HOs to have NO CLASS and ergo that they are just trash? Respect is something earned....

Why because you said? 2.2 million people become millionaires every year in the US.

but if your point is it’s easier for kids who’s parents had money to be successful than for kids who’s parents don’t, Yeah no shit. Is that supposed to be some revelation?
Are you saying the middle class or poor people are slackers?

I figured it our from the age of 17 , when I went to college, we were poor in my upbringing, not known to us at the time. My brothers has no higher ed. Nor my husband.

Are you saying the middle class or poor people are slackers?

I figured it our from the age of 17 , when I went to college, we were poor in my upbringing, not known to us at the time. My brothers has no higher ed. Nor my husband.
what? How did you get that from my post? And what is the second paragraph supposed to highlight?

I wholeheartedly disagree. Thats why there are so many poor, white and minorities. For many it takes generations to make privilege, the minorities never.
Some do it. They need encouragement from the government, media, and society, instead of being told by all three they're victims.

For there are millions of poor white people in America for whom their skin color brings no advantage at all (and some number of well-to-do people of color for whom it does). This means that, while race still matters, we would be foolish not to consider privilege primarily in terms of class.

Especially in Bi-Dung's super inflationary America!!
Dem *igga's, they be sufferin'. The best is yet to come; yippee kai OO!!! :afro::blsmile::ack-1::ack-1:

Privilege gals and guys can go any school they want, parents are buying their way into (still going on) and passing them with out the grades while the poor have more crime.
Extreme feminists, gays and minorities are of privilege if they play the game right.

I disagree.

Well, blacks in Africa have the same privilege. Whites built this nation and we hold the majority so of course we have some privileges. Privileges that we should be damned before we give up! You can go to africa or what ever.

We have standards and they're high. And that is good!

Well, blacks in Africa have the same privilege. Whites built this nation and we hold the majority so of course we have some privileges. Privileges that we should be damned before we give up! You can go to africa or what ever.

We have standards and they're high. And that is good!
Where did you learn that from? Stromfront. How about you take your pasty white ass to Siberia, you didn't originate in what is called America. As a matter of fact you didn't build a damn thing, you are just riding off of what someone else achieved.

People make CHOICES. Some people make really good choices and they become successful. Others make really poor choices and they ruin/squander their lives away.

They have CHOICE

How about you take your pasty white ass to Siberia, you didn't originate in what is called America
Neither did you. Funny how the dark races think only whites should abide by these "rules"

I ain't going nowhere. I DID originate in America. So did my parents, their parents and their parents, as far back as I can trace. So STFU and go back to Africa since YOU believe in applying that "rule"

I disagree.
Most ”privilege” comes from money and or influence. If you’re wealthy or connected typically it doesn’t matter what color your skin is or who you like to sleep with or any other factor.

Are there some people with or instances where things other than money or influence factor in? Sure but those things aren’t the major driving factor in “privilege”.

No shit, we know how we got here.
Funny how the dark races think only whites should abide by these "rules"
Black folks don't run around telling you to take your pasty white ass back to Europe.
I ain't going nowhere. I DID originate in America.
Neither am I and so did I.
So did my parents, their parents and their parents, as far back as I can trace. So STFU and go back to Africa since YOU believe in applying that "rule"
Tell that to your right wing buddies that keep telling black folks to go back to Africa, but your weak ass won't do that will you.

Most ”privilege” comes from money and or influence. If you’re wealthy or connected typically it doesn’t matter what color your skin is or who you like to sleep with or any other factor.

Are there some people with or instances where things other than money or influence factor in? Sure but those things aren’t the major driving factor in “privilege”.
I disagree, you see black folks with money treated differently than white folks with money.

I disagree, you see black folks with money treated differently than white folks with money.
I do? When? Which private schools can’t a black family with means send their kids to? Which universities? Which opportunities do black people who have money not get to take advantage of? You just saying black people are treated differently doesn’t make it real.

I do? When? Which private schools can’t a black family with means send their kids to? Which universities? Which opportunities do black people who have money not get to take advantage of? You just saying black people are treated differently doesn’t make it real.
Now you can wake up and come to reality. Hell you can definitely see it when it comes to the Justice System, how many black celebrities have we seen do time for so called tax evasion. How many celebrities whites have done time for the same offense? How many? If you think the only thing that separates how people are treated is the amount of money they have you are truly confused.

Now you can wake up and come to reality. Hell you can definitely see it when it comes to the Justice System, how many black celebrities have we seen do time for so called tax evasion. How many celebrities whites have done time for the same offense? How many? If you think the only thing that separates how people are treated is the amount of money they have you are truly confused.
how many? I have no idea

Forum List

Back