pro or con the second amendment?

i vote

• Total voters
Not to worry, Goat. I was on the range a few days ago and fired over a hundred rounds with an M-1. When I was 18-25 I was on a rifle team and I lived with a huge bruise on my shoulder, especially on cold, wet days. I learned to pad my shoulder with 3 or 4 Kotex. No kidding. All the old guys here will tell you of the mule kick of an M-1.
And as an army vet you know doing it at the range is the same as engaging HAMAS at 85 with adrenaline coursing through you....

It's a fantasy pops. You had your time. Enjoy the range.

And as an army vet you know doing it at the range is the same as engaging HAMAS at 85 with adrenaline coursing through you....

1679_BananoRub.gif

Pops, I'd be more worried about kickback breaking your shoulder or face than you hitting anything.
Not to worry, Goat. I was on the range a few days ago and fired over a hundred rounds with an M-1. When I was 18-25 I was on a rifle team and I lived with a huge bruise on my shoulder, especially on cold, wet days. I learned to pad my shoulder with 3 or 4 Kotex. No kidding. All the old guys here will tell you of the mule kick of an M-1.

Doesn't that remark from Curried Goats remind you of the pussifed idiot Gersh KUNTzman, and his report of his experience firing an AR-15?

Surely, Curried Goats is a similar breed of СUNТzman, himself.

How do you suppose it would affect either of those pussies to fire a gun like an M-1?

What argument? You haven't presented one. You've thrown around a lot of ignorant nonsense and insults, but you haven't made one statement of fact during your entire time here. Do us a favor and STFU, mon.
I'm not here to do you favors cuck. It's not my fault Americans are too emotionally fragile to intellectually understand that the only types of states where its necessary to arm all its citizens for security is when its for the security of a Slave State.

You mean like these armed citizens...you dumb fuck...

Indiana mall shooting...

Fifteen seconds after the shooting began, Elisjsha Dicken, a legally-armed 22-year-old man from Seymour, engaged the shooter in a gunfight. Dicken, a civilian bystander, was shopping with his girlfriend when the perpetrator opened fire.[7] From a distance of forty yards, Dicken fired ten rounds from a Glock handgun, hitting the shooter eight times. The shooter fired once, and attempted to retreat into the restroom, but instead fell to the ground and died soon afterwards.[8][9][10]

Afterward, Dicken approached security guards at the mall, informed them that he had neutralized the shooter, and waited for police to arrive.[7]

Greenwood Park Mall shooting - Wikipedia

West Virginia woman....

Witnesses said Butler seemed agitated and left but returned to the complex shortly after, armed with an AR-15 style rifle, and started shooting at the crowd.

Police said a woman pulled out her pistol, shooting and killing him.

"This lady was carrying a lawful firearm," Hazelett said. "A law abiding citizen who stopped the threat of probably 20 or 30 people getting killed. She engaged the threat and stopped it. She didn't run from the threat, she engaged it. Preventing a mass casualty event here in Charleston."

Woman credited with stopping mass shooting at apartment complex in West Virginia

======

Southerland Springs Church shooting .....

Willeford propped his AR-15 on the pickup’s hood and peered through the sight. He could see a holographic red dot on the man’s chest. He fired twice. He wasn’t sure he’d hit him, though he was later told that the man had contusions on his chest and abdomen consistent with getting shot while wearing body armor. Regardless, the gunman stopped shooting and ran for a white Ford Explorer that was idling outside the chapel, roughly twenty yards from where Willeford had positioned himself.

The Hero of Sutherland Springs Is Still Reckoning with What Happened that Day

You mean like these armed citizens...you dumb fuck...

Indiana mall shooting...

Fifteen seconds after the shooting began, Elisjsha Dicken, a legally-armed 22-year-old man from Seymour, engaged the shooter in a gunfight. Dicken, a civilian bystander, was shopping with his girlfriend when the perpetrator opened fire.[7] From a distance of forty yards, Dicken fired ten rounds from a Glock handgun, hitting the shooter eight times. The shooter fired once, and attempted to retreat into the restroom, but instead fell to the ground and died soon afterwards.[8][9][10]

Afterward, Dicken approached security guards at the mall, informed them that he had neutralized the shooter, and waited for police to arrive.[7]

Greenwood Park Mall shooting - Wikipedia

West Virginia woman....

Witnesses said Butler seemed agitated and left but returned to the complex shortly after, armed with an AR-15 style rifle, and started shooting at the crowd.

Police said a woman pulled out her pistol, shooting and killing him.

"This lady was carrying a lawful firearm," Hazelett said. "A law abiding citizen who stopped the threat of probably 20 or 30 people getting killed. She engaged the threat and stopped it. She didn't run from the threat, she engaged it. Preventing a mass casualty event here in Charleston."

Woman credited with stopping mass shooting at apartment complex in West Virginia

======

Southerland Springs Church shooting .....

Willeford propped his AR-15 on the pickup’s hood and peered through the sight. He could see a holographic red dot on the man’s chest. He fired twice. He wasn’t sure he’d hit him, though he was later told that the man had contusions on his chest and abdomen consistent with getting shot while wearing body armor. Regardless, the gunman stopped shooting and ran for a white Ford Explorer that was idling outside the chapel, roughly twenty yards from where Willeford had positioned himself.

The Hero of Sutherland Springs Is Still Reckoning with What Happened that Day
Any community IS the last line of defense,,,,,,~S~

Doesn't that remark from Curried Goats remind you of the pussifed idiot Gersh KUNTzman, and his report of his experience firing an AR-15?

Surely, Curried Goats is a similar breed of СUNТzman, himself.

How do you suppose it would affect either of those pussies to fire a gun like an M-1?
I'm a few years behind Hoss, My service rifle was an M-14 when I enlisted. During my enlistment they switched to the M-16. Doats couldn't handle an M-14 either.

Who's talking about the Civil War? Slave owners like George Mason argued on behalf of the second amendment because it was necessary to keep slaves in check and they didn't trust Northern States to vote with them in Congress to raise an army in the event one was needed to put down a slave uprising. I don't care what SCOTUS's opinion was (a differently comprised SCOTUS could have a different opinion in the future), I'm simply explaining history. Those words at the beginning are particular on purpose. "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State".

No...dumb ass....another lie by shitheads like you...

With an established legal tradition protecting the right of the people to keep and bear arms coming from England in 1688, it is difficult to argue that the roots of the Second Amendment are racist or meant to deal with potential slave revolts. The English simply were not in the least bit concerned about the potential for slave revolts and "anti-Blackness" in America when they drafted their Bill of Rights in 1688.

------

Invasions from foreign enemies, American Indians, and pirates, but no mention of "anti-Blackness" or the need to prevent or deal with slave revolts. Why did the writers of the Articles of Confederation go through the trouble of listing out the various threats that necessitated a militia but leave out "anti-Blackness" and slave revolts? There can be only one parsimonious explanation: the framers of the Articles of Confederation saw invasions from enemies, attacks from American Indians, and piracy as real threats to the fledgling states and felt it necessary to specifically mention these potential threats and lay the groundwork for how the individual states and the confederacy as a whole would respond.

-----

It is here that we find such Founding Fathers as James Madison stating during the Constitutional Convention, "A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty" (hat tip to The Avalon Project at Yale Law School's Lillian Goldman Law Library).

In the Annals of Congress, we find Elbridge Gerry asserting without challenge that the purpose of the declaration of rights (Bill of Rights) is "to secure the people against the mal-administration of Government" and that the purpose and use of the militia "is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty." These concerns about the threats posed by a large standing army (not by potential slave revolts) were echoed by other Federalists and Anti-Federalists throughout the ratification process and throughout the debates in Congress, when the first ten amendments were proposed. Indeed, in his first annual message as president in 1801, Thomas Jefferson summed up the prevailing view of the role of the militia best when he said (again, hat tip to The Avalon Project at Yale Law School's Lillian Goldman Law Library):

Uncertain as we must ever be of the particular point in our circumference where an enemy may choose to invade us, the only force which can be ready at every point and competent to oppose them, is the body of neighboring citizens as formed into a militia. On these, collected from the parts most convenient, in numbers proportioned to the invading foe, it is best to rely, not only to meet the first attack, but if it threatens to be permanent, to maintain a defence until regulars may be engaged to relieve them.
It is not necessary to rely solely on history to disprove the "racist Second Amendment" argument.

A rational look at the Second Amendment and subsequent actions taken by Congress proves that the Second Amendment had nothing to do with race.

For instance, if it were true that the Second Amendment was meant to be a tool to deal with potential slave revolts, then the adoption of the Thirteenth Amendment, which abolished slavery in 1865, would have made the Second Amendment moot. That Congress did not repeal the Second Amendment when the Thirteenth Amendment was adopted, nor has repealed it since that time, only strengthens the argument that the Second Amendment was not and is not intended to deal with potential slave revolts. Furthermore, that slavery was not just limited to black people of African descent, but extended to American Indians and even black people enslaving people of their own race, proves that even if was a tool to deal with potential slave revolts, it was far from being "anti-Black" or even racist. These inconvenient truths do not fit the narrative.

----

As far as the Second Amendment is concerned, the truth is quite discernible: far from being a tool to disenfranchise or oppress, the Second Amendment is and always has been a mechanism for safeguarding, securing, and protecting the people from foreign threats and an overreaching government. Indeed, the Second Amendment is all about preventing the shackles of slavery from ever being applied to the people, and should that unlucky day come, it is all about shattering those shackles. I

The Second Amendment: Not Racist, but Definitely Pro-Freedom

Spooner used the Second Amendment to argue that slavery was unconstitutional. Since a slave is a person who is (or can be) forbidden to possess arms, and the Second Amendment guarantees that all persons can possess arms, no person in the United States can be a slave.
------
The right of a man "to keep and bear arms," is a right palpably inconsistent with the idea of his being a slave. Yet the right is secured as effectually to those whom the States presume to call slaves, as to any whom the States condescend to acknowledge free.

==============

For 20 years now, a well-meaning law professor has been peddling the fiction that the Second Amendment – guaranteeing the right of Americans to keep and bear arms – was adopted to protect slavery. He first proposed this in a 1998 law review article and trotted it out again in a recent New York Times op-ed.

The trouble is: It’s untrue. Not a single one of America’s founders is known to have suggested such a purpose.

When the Redcoats came to disarm the colonists, the American patriots relied on the right to “have arms for their Defense,” as stated in the English Declaration of Rights of 1689.

In 1776, Pennsylvania declared: “That the people have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves, and the state.” Vermont copied that language in its constitution, which explicitly abolished slavery. Massachusetts and North Carolina adopted their own versions.

When the states debated adoption of the Constitution without a bill of rights in 1787-88, Samuel Adams proposed the right to bear arms in Massachusetts’s ratification convention. The Dissent of the Minority did so in Pennsylvania, and the entire New Hampshire convention demanded recognition of the right.

There was no connection to slavery in any of these historical antecedents.

In his articles, Professor Carl T. Bogus of Roger Williams University speculates that George Mason’s and Patrick Henry’s demands in the Virginia ratification convention could have been motivated to protect slavery. Not so.

Mason recalled that “when the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advised … to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”

And Patrick Henry implored: “The great object is, that every man be armed.” The ensuing debate concerned defense against tyranny and invasion – not slavery.

New York, North Carolina and Rhode Island joined in the demand for what became the Second Amendment. The right to bear arms had universal support.

It was the denial of the right of all “the people” to bear arms that supported slavery. The Supreme Court’s notorious Dred Scott decision held that African-Americans could not be regarded as citizens, for otherwise they could hold political meetings and “keep and carry arms wherever they went.” Frederick Douglass advocated Second Amendment rights for all, and Sojourner Truth carried guns in helping slaves to escape.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/the-second-amendment-had-nothing-to-do-with-slavery

Forum List

Back