Pro Union Conservatives sink Prop A in Missouri.

I voted Trump.
And I voted NO for Right To Work.
And I wasn't the only one.

Missouri Voters Reject Anti-Union Law in a Victory for Labor

Said the same thing last night...

"Looks like around 700,000 Republicans and 550,000 Democrats voted in our state primaries, and Right-to-work is going down 66% to 34%...that's a truckload of pro-union Republicans.

I keep telling you guys this is the prevailing attitude among working class Republicans. Trump is doing his level best to move the needle on this issue...to bring the blue collar Unions into the fold. Please give the Union issue a second look before spouting the rote party line."

election night results in Michigan, Ohio & 3 other states thread
What did you win? You get to be in a union. The guy you out work daily gets the promotion over you because he was there longer. You get to sit in a union hall not getting paid between jobs yet still paying the dues. What did you win here?
We have seen what we get with union decline. Slow economy and stagnant wages.

Ok less pay but don't complain when a worker who makes lower wages is eligible for assistance. I guess you may be right. That being the case workers jab zero to look to in the future.

Companies today don't want good workers because they don't want to pay them. High turnover is the wanted model of today. It's easy...really easy to find good solid workers in today's workforce which is why wages are so stagnated.

I voted Trump.

"Looks like around 700,000 Republicans and 550,000 Democrats voted in our state primaries, and Right-to-work is going down 66% to 34%...that's a truckload of pro-union Republicans.

I keep telling you guys this is the prevailing attitude among working class Republicans. Trump is doing his level best to move the needle on this issue...to bring the blue collar Unions into the fold. Please give the Union issue a second look before spouting the rote party line."

What did you win? You get to be in a union. The guy you out work daily gets the promotion over you because he was there longer. You get to sit in a union hall not getting paid between jobs yet still paying the dues. What did you win here?

Why do you think so many companies moved offshore? Why do you think so many of them moved to RTW states? What's the ratio of new plants being built in RTW states vs union states over the past 20 years or so? Unions in this country are in decline because US companies cannot pay union wages and benefits and compete with their competitors from RTW states and foreign countries. I mean that's it dude, you can rail on and on about stagnant wages and slow growth all you want but none of that is going to change the basic economic fact I stated above: US companies in most cases cannot pay union wages and benefits and compete with their competitors from RTW states and foreign countries.

Companies today don't want good workers because they don't want to pay them. High turnover is the wanted model of today. It's easy...really easy to find good solid workers in today's workforce which is why wages are so stagnated.

Bullshit. Nobody wants high turnover, it's expensive to find and train new employees, especially good workers. Haven't you noticed in recent years how much the UE rate has fallen? The pool of good solid workers ain't what it used to be.

I voted Trump.

Mean while the rest of the RTW states move on with better everything.

I voted Trump.

Why do you think so many companies moved offshore? Why do you think so many of them moved to RTW states? What's the ratio of new plants being built in RTW states vs union states over the past 20 years or so? Unions in this country are in decline because US companies cannot pay union wages and benefits and compete with their competitors from RTW states and foreign countries. I mean that's it dude, you can rail on and on about stagnant wages and slow growth all you want but none of that is going to change the basic economic fact I stated above: US companies in most cases cannot pay union wages and benefits and compete with their competitors from RTW states and foreign countries.
Of course they can. The CEOs are just greedy and take too much for themselves and shareholders. Greed is why companies move, not necessity. The price to customers almost never goes down when a company shifts productions somewhere else.

I voted Trump.

Right-to-work is wrong for Missouri: A breadth of national evidence shows why Missouri voters should reject RTW law
  • RTW laws have not succeeded in boosting employment in states that have adopted them. In fact, RTW laws have no causal impact on job growth or unemployment, contrary to the claims of its proponents.
  • RTW laws are associated with lower wages and benefits for both union and nonunion workers. In RTW states, the average worker makes 3.1 percent less in hourly wages than the average worker with similar characteristics in non-RTW states. This pattern of lower wages in RTW states is also true for women workers and workers of color.
  • Through weakening unions, RTW laws hurt the middle class. As union membership has declined in recent decades, the share of overall income received by the middle class is close to a post-WWII low.
  • By restricting the capacity of unions to bargain for workers and thus lowering wages and benefits, RTW laws lower tax revenues and reduce aggregate demand.

I voted Trump.

Of course they can. The CEOs are just greedy and take too much for themselves and shareholders. Greed is why companies move, not necessity. The price to customers almost never goes down when a company shifts productions somewhere else.

Got any evidence to back any of that bullshit up? I'm pretty sure you don't.

I voted Trump.

Right-to-work is wrong for Missouri: A breadth of national evidence shows why Missouri voters should reject RTW law
  • RTW laws have not succeeded in boosting employment in states that have adopted them. In fact, RTW laws have no causal impact on job growth or unemployment, contrary to the claims of its proponents.
  • RTW laws are associated with lower wages and benefits for both union and nonunion workers. In RTW states, the average worker makes 3.1 percent less in hourly wages than the average worker with similar characteristics in non-RTW states. This pattern of lower wages in RTW states is also true for women workers and workers of color.
  • Through weakening unions, RTW laws hurt the middle class. As union membership has declined in recent decades, the share of overall income received by the middle class is close to a post-WWII low.
  • By restricting the capacity of unions to bargain for workers and thus lowering wages and benefits, RTW laws lower tax revenues and reduce aggregate demand.
The union thanks you for sticking to their talking points and your weekly contribution to their largess at your expense. Keep paying your pimp. He will take care of you.

Got any evidence to back any of that bullshit up? I'm pretty sure you don't.
When have you ever seen the price of something go down because it moved overseas?

The union thanks you for sticking to their talking points and your weekly contribution to their largess at your expense. Keep paying your pimp. He will take care of you.
Just the facts.

The biggest problem we have is wage stagination . It’s all party of the gop war on the working man. That’s ehy the middle class is disappearing.

THe three forces driving wage stagnation are,

1. Trade deficit.

2. outsourcing.

3. immigration.

Republicans have a history on being worse on 1. and 2. but the dems gave up that fight a long, long time ago.

Dems are worse of 3, though until Trump not by much.

Today? Trump is on the right side of each of them to reverse wage stagnation.

There are other issues that have led to stagnant wages. Technology. Carrier kept the jobs they were planning to ship to Mexico in the US long enough to automate much of their production. Then they laid off the people they were planning to lay off anyway. McDonalds is experimenting with robots that can flip burgers.

I voted Trump.

Well that's one of the biggest lies ever told...

Fri, 11/18/2011 - 10:05am10 Comments
by Bill Fiala, Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis

fiala.jpg

Bill Fiala
The pro-job environment in right-to-work states is paying off with new automotive jobs. Tennessee is the home of Volkswagen’s new $1 billion auto assembly plant, as well as plants operated by Nissan and GM. Alabama boasts billion-dollar plants operated by Mercedes-Benz, Honda and Hyundai. Texas enjoys a large automotive manufacturing presence with Peterbilt, GM, International and Toyota. One reason for these states’ growing success in the automotive industry is their strong right-to-work laws embodying a commitment to a worker’s right to choose not to be part of a labor union. Right-to-work laws are an important factor to companies considering where to set up new operations.

In the twenty-two states with right-to-work laws, workers cannot be forced to join unions, or to pay union dues if they decide not to join. In non-right-to-work states, workers must join unions or pay union dues to keep their jobs. If an employee working in a non-right-to-work state fails to join the union or pay union dues then the union forces the company to terminate the employee.

What does the automotive industry’s decision to set up shop mean for these right-to-work states? It means jobs and increased tax revenues. An analysis by the University of Tennessee predicted that Volkswagen’s recent investment will raise incomes in the region by $511 million annually and will generate more than $55 million per year in new tax revenues. Other automotive manufacturers and component suppliers are spending billions in upgrades and new construction at plants in right-to-work states.

Many states have not been as fortunate as Tennessee, Alabama and Texas. For example, states such as New Hampshire have problems attracting businesses and producing job growth partly because union’s have successfully thwarted lawmakers’ repeated attempts to pass right-to-work legislation. The New Hampshire legislature overwhelmingly passed right-to-work legislation earlier this year only to have the legislation vetoed by the governor. New Hampshire would have been the first state in the Northeast to have a right-to-work law.

Right-To-Work Laws Pay Off With Manufacturing Jobs

Just the facts.

I live the reality, you live in some type of fantasy world where you never been a mile away from your Mama's basement we could only guess.

Just the facts.

I live the reality, you live in some type of fantasy world where you never been a mile away from your Mama's basement we could only guess.

I'm sure you are in your mamas basement now. That would explain why you know so little.

fiala.jpg

Bill Fiala
The pro-job environment in right-to-work states is paying off with new automotive jobs. Tennessee is the home of Volkswagen’s new $1 billion auto assembly plant, as well as plants operated by Nissan and GM. Alabama boasts billion-dollar plants operated by Mercedes-Benz, Honda and Hyundai. Texas enjoys a large automotive manufacturing presence with Peterbilt, GM, International and Toyota. One reason for these states’ growing success in the automotive industry is their strong right-to-work laws embodying a commitment to a worker’s right to choose not to be part of a labor union. Right-to-work laws are an important factor to companies considering where to set up new operations.

In the twenty-two states with right-to-work laws, workers cannot be forced to join unions, or to pay union dues if they decide not to join. In non-right-to-work states, workers must join unions or pay union dues to keep their jobs. If an employee working in a non-right-to-work state fails to join the union or pay union dues then the union forces the company to terminate the employee.

What does the automotive industry’s decision to set up shop mean for these right-to-work states? It means jobs and increased tax revenues. An analysis by the University of Tennessee predicted that Volkswagen’s recent investment will raise incomes in the region by $511 million annually and will generate more than $55 million per year in new tax revenues. Other automotive manufacturers and component suppliers are spending billions in upgrades and new construction at plants in right-to-work states.

Many states have not been as fortunate as Tennessee, Alabama and Texas. For example, states such as New Hampshire have problems attracting businesses and producing job growth partly because union’s have successfully thwarted lawmakers’ repeated attempts to pass right-to-work legislation. The New Hampshire legislature overwhelmingly passed right-to-work legislation earlier this year only to have the legislation vetoed by the governor. New Hampshire would have been the first state in the Northeast to have a right-to-work law.

Well if Bill Fiala says so it must be true. Who is Bill Fiala?

fiala.jpg

Bill Fiala

Well if Bill Fiala says so it must be true. Who is Bill Fiala?

You sure love to play games don't you?

South Carolina's Manufacturing Revolution - Palmetto Promise Institute

SOUTH CAROLINA’S MANUFACTURING REVOLUTION

Jul 09, 2015

Ellen Weav

Great golf, gorgeous beaches, spicy shrimp and grits, and tea so sweet it’ll knock you into next Tuesday: welcome to South Carolina! But if you listen carefully, above the idyllic lull of the Atlantic waves, you’ll hear the hum of engines as a Palmetto State manufacturing powerhouse roars to life.

Since January 2011, manufacturing jobs in South Carolina have grown at 13.5 percent, nearly double the 7 percent average of our Southeastern neighbors, with a record high $29.7 billion in merchandise exports last year.

Manufacturing job creation has exceeded 200,000 new jobs every year since 2006
, with major announcements from Boeing, Bridgestone, Michelin, Giti Tire, Continental, Daimler, and BMW, just to name a few. In fact, in 2013, South Carolina passed up Oklahoma and Ohio as the nation’s leading tire producer and exporter. And scuttlebutt has recently been centered on another “whale” that may be surfacing as Volvo shops for a home for a new American plant.

Despite economists’ warnings of a “leveling-off” period to all this growth due to a strengthening dollar, rising interest rates, and a natural slow-down of the pent-up post-recession expansion (they don’t call economics the dismal science for nothing, after all), things continue to look cheery across the South.

There is no question that the Southeast—and South Carolina specifically—has been a huge beneficiary of the key underlying premise of Competitive Federalism: as Rust Belt states have taxed, regulated, and unionized manufacturers to death, states like South Carolina have opened their arms.

There are many factors to South Carolina’s success story, including being located in a logistics sweet spot on the I-95 corridor and home to an exceptional deep-water port. But like most generational changes, it started with a visionary leader who refused to take “no” for an answer.

Forum List

Back