Pro Union Conservatives sink Prop A in Missouri.

Pro union, they work for the worker, that said yes they got to big & to powerful just like our congress, to much power corrupts
Yes, but them being big and powerful at least was good for many. Now we have few doing good....

Workers are starting to wake up....when they start to band together things will be fun to watch.

The biggest problem we have is wage stagination . It’s all party of the gop war on the working man. That’s ehy the middle class is disappearing.

THe three forces driving wage stagnation are,

1. Trade deficit.

2. outsourcing.

3. immigration.

Republicans have a history on being worse on 1. and 2. but the dems gave up that fight a long, long time ago.

Dems are worse of 3, though until Trump not by much.

Today? Trump is on the right side of each of them to reverse wage stagnation.

The biggest problem we have is wage stagination . It’s all party of the gop war on the working man. That’s ehy the middle class is disappearing.

1. Trade deficit.

2. outsourcing.

3. immigration.

Republicans have a history on being worse on 1. and 2. but the dems gave up that fight a long, long time ago.

And yet wages are still stagnant. It is crazy that unemployment is so low, but wages stay so stagnant. There is something wrong with our economy.

Where is the middle class disappearing? Between your ears? If anything, the middle class is expanding, as more job competition is driving up wages.

Where is the middle class disappearing? Between your ears? If anything, the middle class is expanding, as more job competition is driving up wages.
You must have a link showing wages are being driven up? You seem to be the only one seeing this...

1. Trade deficit.

2. outsourcing.

3. immigration.

And yet wages are still stagnant. It is crazy that unemployment is so low, but wages stay so stagnant. There is something wrong with our economy.

Perhaps.

Other possible factors. A still way to large pool of cheap illegal labor. Mental inflexibility among employers who have gotten too used to having unlimited cheap labor and don't remember that part of their job is finding or developing good workers.

Cost of living...yep....if one makes more money living is essier. Paid vacations, sick time, and insurance are all things workers want and need. Thanks to unions. Like anything else it's cyclical. Workers will start to figure it out. The i want to work for leas while management wages rose will go by the wayside. Workers will eventually tell them to stick it and rightfully so.

If that was true how come workers leave the Union in droves when RTW is put into law? ( An example would be the Wisconsin teachers union)

Why didn't the workers at Boeing SC unionize , or VW in Tenneessee?

Sorry no one likes American stlye unions.

1. Trade deficit.

2. outsourcing.

3. immigration.

Perhaps.

Other possible factors. A still way to large pool of cheap illegal labor. Mental inflexibility among employers who have gotten too used to having unlimited cheap labor and don't remember that part of their job is finding or developing good workers.
I certainly don't have the answer. But I'm pretty sure illegal immigrant labor isn't holding down wages for middle class jobs. But I suppose we will see.

I don't believe anything is being done about outsourcing? We have this strange relationship with India where so many of our jobs were sent there and we let so many come here. This I can see having a much greater effect on wages than illegals from south of the border who make nothing.

Cost of living...yep....if one makes more money living is essier. Paid vacations, sick time, and insurance are all things workers want and need. Thanks to unions. Like anything else it's cyclical. Workers will start to figure it out. The i want to work for leas while management wages rose will go by the wayside. Workers will eventually tell them to stick it and rightfully so.

If that was true how come workers leave the Union in droves when RTW is put into law? ( An example would be the Wisconsin teachers union)

Do show where Wisconsin teachers left the unions in droves. Sounds like fiction.

1. Trade deficit.

2. outsourcing.

3. immigration.

Perhaps.

I certainly don't have the answer. But I'm pretty sure illegal immigrant labor isn't holding down wages for middle class jobs. But I suppose we will see.

I don't believe anything is being done about outsourcing? We have this strange relationship with India where so many of our jobs were sent there and we let so many come here. This I can see having a much greater effect on wages than illegals from south of the border who make nothing.

1. Why do you think that illegals are not holding down wages for middle class jobs?

2. I don't know the details of the tariffs. Perhaps outsourced work done for "American" corporations are not covered. If not, they should be. Even then Trump is right on two out of three, far better than any other option we had.

1. Trade deficit.

2. outsourcing.

3. immigration.

Perhaps.

1. Why do you think that illegals are not holding down wages for middle class jobs?

2. I don't know the details of the tariffs. Perhaps outsourced work done for "American" corporations are not covered. If not, they should be. Even then Trump is right on two out of three, far better than any other option we had.
They truly do the jobs that have historically not paid well. I don't think pressure from the bottom is enough to have a great effect on better paying jobs.

I don't think there is anything going on with India is there? I've often thought some sort of tax on outsourced jobs would make a lot more sense than tariffs and goods.

Do show where Wisconsin teachers left the unions in droves. Sounds like fiction.

Seriously?????????????

It was in all the main stream news and the unions were trying different tatics to keep them

Wisconsin Union Membership Plummets In Wake Of Worker ...
MacIver Institute

upload_2018-8-8_19-5-49.jpeg
Oct 20, 2017 · More than 125,000 Wisconsinites have left their unions ... The Wisconsin Education Association Council (WEAC), the state's largest teachers

Wisconsin union membership down nearly 40 percent since Act 10
TwinCities.com

Jan 27, 2017 · Union membership in Wisconsin is down nearly 40 percent since ... a strategy the state's largest teachers union, the Wisconsin

For unions in Wisconsin, a fast and hard fall since Act 10 | Journal ...
JSOnline.com › projects › 2016/11/27

Nov 27, 2016 · Milwaukee Teachers' Education Association union members staff the ..... WEAC chief Martin, who's on leave now from a teaching job, said

I'd say wage stagnation has a lot more to do with outsourcing work overseas. If a Chinese or Taiwanese or Philippine worker at two dollars a day works you significantly less even with shipping than paying you $15 per hour, that job is going to a foreign worker instead of here. That makes for less demand for labor here, allowing employers to pay employees less for their labor.

1. Trade deficit.

2. outsourcing.

3. immigration.

Perhaps.

They truly do the jobs that have historically not paid well. I don't think pressure from the bottom is enough to have a great effect on better paying jobs.

Far from all of them. Construction, meat cutting, landscaping, these were not poor paying jobs, before we were flooded with illegals.

That I have heard of.

I don't think there is anything going on with India is there? I've often thought some sort of tax on outsourced jobs would make a lot more sense than tariffs and goods.

Let's do both. America can walk and chew gum at the same time.

1. Trade deficit.

2. outsourcing.

3. immigration.

Decline of unions should really be added to this list.

1. Trade deficit.

2. outsourcing.

3. immigration.

I don't see much correlation between union membership and wage stagnation. YOu look at immigration or Free Trade and the trends seem to match much better.

Seriously?????????????

It was in all the main stream news and the unions were trying different tatics to keep them

Wisconsin Union Membership Plummets In Wake Of Worker ...
MacIver Institute

View attachment 209297
Oct 20, 2017 · More than 125,000 Wisconsinites have left their unions ... The Wisconsin Education Association Council (WEAC), the state's largest teachers

Wisconsin union membership down nearly 40 percent since Act 10
TwinCities.com

Jan 27, 2017 · Union membership in Wisconsin is down nearly 40 percent since ... a strategy the state's largest teachers union, the Wisconsin

For unions in Wisconsin, a fast and hard fall since Act 10 | Journal ...
JSOnline.com › projects › 2016/11/27

Nov 27, 2016 · Milwaukee Teachers' Education Association union members staff the ..... WEAC chief Martin, who's on leave now from a teaching job, said
Helps explain why wages are stagnant.

1. Trade deficit.

2. outsourcing.

3. immigration.

I don't see much correlation between union membership and wage stagnation. YOu look at immigration or Free Trade and the trends seem to match much better.
I disagree. I think the two have followed each other quite well.
Middle-Class Decline Mirrors The Fall Of Unions In One Chart | HuffPost

You must have a link showing wages are being driven up? You seem to be the only one seeing this...
Well, in my state, and my craft, wages have increased. I do understand that this is not prevalent in other areas.

Forum List

Back