Progressive Government Fails

At least we both agree that it was, PC! :smiliehug:

Let's make sure we agree....

I'm saying that the shutdown was Obama's strategy to make the Republicans look bad in the public's eye.....

...but the public has seen through this, and recognized the attempt to make it painful.

Watch:

"By a 41 percent-to-21 percent margin, respondents say they have a less favorable impression of President Obama after the shutdown rather than a more favorable one."
NBC/WSJ poll: Obama approval sinks to new low - First Read

By two to one they see him as a snake.

From your link.

"The public’s view of the Republican Party has reached another all-time low in the survey, with 22 percent seeing the GOP in a positive light and 53 percent viewing it negatively;"

Why did you omit that? People don't love Obama, but your link shows that people distrust republicans even more.

I understand why you're trying to obfuscate.....

But I'm not going to allow you to....

The Republicans were never referred to, treated like, nor embraced as in:

a. Susan Sarandon: ”He is a community organizer like Jesus was, and now we’re a community and he can organize us.” The Hill, January 21, 2009

b. "This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light."
Source: Michelle Obama, Campaign rally. April 17, 2012.

c. . In its November 22, 2010 issue, Obama has been shown by Newsweek on its cover page with multiple arms balancing several policy issues while raising his left leg mimicking the cosmic dance of the Hindu deity; considered a manifestation of Lord Shiva.
... Newsweek has named Obama "god of all things" on its cover.
SOURCE: Times of India (November 20, 2010).

d. The White House released a photo of Obama with a halo around his head:
Photostream: Business and Pleasure in August | The White House

e. "In a way Obama is standing above the country, above the world. He's sort of GOD. He's going to bring all different sides together."

- Newsweek editor Evan Thomas

f. “He was a savior, black Jesus,” the actor-director[Spike Lee] told CNN's Don Lemon in an interview airing inits entirety Saturday. “Look, I don't care who it was. Expectations were way too high.”
Spike Lee: Barack Obama is 'not perfect' - POLITICO.com

g. "We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

h. "He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."

-- Gary Hart

i. "We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."

-- Oprah Winfrey

Now:
"By a 41 percent-to-21 percent margin, respondents say they have a less favorable impression of President Obama after the shutdown rather than a more favorable one."

By two to one they see him as a snake

Get the point?
You dolts believed all the hype......

....now he....and you.....have been exposed.

Ooooops!

At least we both agree that it was, PC! :smiliehug:

I'm saying that the shutdown was Obama's strategy to make the Republicans look bad in the public's eye.....

...but the public has seen through this, and recognized the attempt to make it painful.

Watch:

Per my original question...

And your response...
Lead balloon.

We were both in agreement that it had been less than a stellar experience for your side.

Now you asking me a different question...
To paraphrase you are asking how I perceive it to have worked out for Obama?

Yes, you are right that it did reflect negatively on him and the polls you quoted proved as much.

That said I am going to give you my personal perspective of this from an Independent's point of view.

It was an exercise in pigheaded stupidity in my opinion.

Speaker Boehner should have stomped on the concept 6 months ago but he is an ineffectual leader and is incapable of exercising discipline. Anybody can rally the troops when they headed in the direction you want them to go but a true leader knows not to allow the troops to rush headlong into a box canyon with no exit strategy. As the most senior person of the House he had a duty to lead and he failed miserably. The toll has yet to be tallied for his failure.

For only the 2nd time this century the Dems discovered that they had a backbone. Not that I am giving them a whole lot of credit there because they have folded every other time and the Republicans were fully justified in expecting them to fold again. But this time was different because there was no face saving offer on the table that the Dems could seize upon and use that to hide their lack of cojones. Without that option they were left with no other choice but to stand their ground. That is not a profile in courage given those circumstances.

Which left Obama as the "peacemaker" and he didn't do a great job. Granted he was starting with nothing to actually work with because Boehner was a "profile in jello" as Joan Walsh so aptly described him. But Obama failed to appear statesmanlike. He used terms that were easily manipulated against him and that was a mistake on his part. His ratings suffered because he failed to appear bipartisan and being the one to come up with the viable solution.

So it was up to the Senate to solve this one and Reid needs to be b/slapped for giving McConnell a $3 billion gift wrapped porker and McConnell likewise for being so selfish and demanding it as a condition for not wrecking the economy.

The American people were the ultimate losers in all this and they deserve better. The only poll that gives me even the slightest inclining of hope is that 75% of the voters ended up saying that it was time to throw the bums out and that this time they included their own congressional representatives in that figure.

NO......Lead balloon was a reference to Obama's strategy.

The poll proves it.

Obama delayed Obamacare... that's how it worked out

Care to demonstrate the actual connection between the actions (or lack thereof) in Congress demanding a one year delay and the couple of weeks extension that has been granted for people signing up owing to technical difficulties?

You're pedaling faster than Ed Begley, Jr., trying to make a piece of toast.

Did you find anything in the post that was untrue.....

....you know, after you claimed you "debunked" it.

Did you?

1. In 1931, in some of the darkest days of the Great Depression and the middle of the Hoover administration, unemployment rate stood at 17.4 %. Seven years later, after five years of FDR, and literally hundreds of wildly ambitious new government programs, more than doubling of federal spending, the national unemployment rate stood at – 17.4 %. At no point during the 1930’s did unemployment go below 14 %. Even in 1941, in the midst of the military buildup, 9.9 % of American workers were unemployed.

NO?

Well then....you lied when you said you "debunked" it.....didn't you?

In fact...your link shows 19% in 1938.....even more than the quote states.....worse for FDR.

Hurts, huh?

'in some of the darkest days of the Great Depression'

1931 is your darkest days choice?

Why not 1932 with unemployment 7 points higher? Why not 1933 with unemployment 8 points higher?

You created a lie that FDR had not lowered unemployment at all in 6 years by going back to a year of lower unemployment.

By using the correct year, you would have had to concede that unemployment fell by 10 points during FDR's new deal,

and btw, the rise in UE in 38 occurred when FDR pulled back on stimulus and focused on balancing the budget.

You see, the TRUE story is anathema to conservatives, so, as always, you invent a myth.

Quit dancing and answer the question:

Did you lie when you claimed you "debunked" the post?

I thoroughly debunked it. And to add to the satisfaction of doing so, I once again get to see you writhe in denial of an irrefutable fact.

Care to demonstrate the actual connection between the actions (or lack thereof) in Congress demanding a one year delay and the couple of weeks extension that has been granted for people signing up owing to technical difficulties?

Obama went from no no no no no no no no no no no delay in Obamacare to delay.

That's a win

Obama went from no no no no no no no no no no no delay in Obamacare to delay.

That's a win

If that is how you want to see it then don't let me stand in your way! :eusa_whistle:

Watch:

From your link.

"The public’s view of the Republican Party has reached another all-time low in the survey, with 22 percent seeing the GOP in a positive light and 53 percent viewing it negatively;"

Why did you omit that? People don't love Obama, but your link shows that people distrust republicans even more.

a. Susan Sarandon: ”He is a community organizer like Jesus was, and now we’re a community and he can organize us.” The Hill, January 21, 2009

c. . In its November 22, 2010 issue, Obama has been shown by Newsweek on its cover page with multiple arms balancing several policy issues while raising his left leg mimicking the cosmic dance of the Hindu deity; considered a manifestation of Lord Shiva.

e. "In a way Obama is standing above the country, above the world. He's sort of GOD. He's going to bring all different sides together."

f. “He was a savior, black Jesus,” the actor-director[Spike Lee] told CNN's Don Lemon in an interview airing inits entirety Saturday. “Look, I don't care who it was. Expectations were way too high.”

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

h. "He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."

-- Gary Hart

i. "We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."

-- Oprah Winfrey

Now:

Get the point?

Ooooops!

You're really good at ignoring what people actually say aren't you?

Please continue posting your rambling numbered lists of shit that don't address the point being made.

From your link.

-- Chicago] Sun-Times

-- Gary Hart

-- Oprah Winfrey

Now:

Get the point?

Ooooops!

You're really good at ignoring what people actually say aren't you?

Please continue posting your rambling numbered lists of shit that don't address the point being made.

Your "point" seems to be that no matter how bad perception of Obama is, perception of the GOP is worse.
That really is whistling past the graveyard. Obama was the most hyped candidate and president in history. His fall in polls represents total failure not only of the Obama Administration but both the progressive movement and the Democratic party.
At this rate "progressive" will be about as popular as "Marxist" among voters.

YAWN. Our resident troll has become very prolific of late, might that be a result of the drubbing taken by Tea Party Radicals in Congress and her need to change the conversation?

We're trying to have a factual discussion here, if you can't be civil, then be quiet

Is the truth uncivil? Were I to point out you are a flaming hypocrite is that truth uncivil?

FDR took a recession and turned it into an economy worse than the 7 Biblical Lean Years. He had 7 years averaging 20% Unemployment. His best and only successful jobs program that stimulated the economy was Hitler conquering the Lowlands and France.

FDR had 7 years of 20% average unemployment.

'in some of the darkest days of the Great Depression'

1931 is your darkest days choice?

Why not 1932 with unemployment 7 points higher? Why not 1933 with unemployment 8 points higher?

You created a lie that FDR had not lowered unemployment at all in 6 years by going back to a year of lower unemployment.

By using the correct year, you would have had to concede that unemployment fell by 10 points during FDR's new deal,

and btw, the rise in UE in 38 occurred when FDR pulled back on stimulus and focused on balancing the budget.

You see, the TRUE story is anathema to conservatives, so, as always, you invent a myth.

I thoroughly debunked it. And to add to the satisfaction of doing so, I once again get to see you writhe in denial of an irrefutable fact.

Simple enough to see if you "debunked" it.....

....or, if you are a congenital liar.

Either show that the statements in the quote are false....

.....or accept the title.

The feeble attempt at humor doesn't hide the fact that you have no understanding of the period.

Foremost....FDR turned a recession into 'The Great Depression.'

LMAO, EVEN THE MINSTER OF TRUTH WOULD BE ASHAMED TO MAKE SUCH A RIDICULOUS COMMENT. HAVE YOU NO SHAME (RHETORICAL QUESTION, OF COURSE YOU DON'T).

1. In 1931, in some of the darkest days of the Great Depression and the middle of the Hoover administration, unemployment rate stood at 17.4 %. Seven years later, after five years of FDR, and literally hundreds of wildly ambitious new government programs, more than doubling of federal spending, the national unemployment rate stood at – 17.4 %. At no point during the 1930’s did unemployment go below 14 %. Even in 1941, in the midst of the military buildup, 9.9 % of American workers were unemployed.

2. March 4, 1933, in his first Inaugural Address, FDR said “Our greatest primary task is to put people to work.” This meant that the New Deal was a wretched, ill-conceived failure.

3. After the stock market crash,, the Dow hit 250 in 1930 under Hoover (it had been 343 before the crash). January 1940, after seven years of the New Deal, the market had collapsed to 151, and remained in the low 100’s through most of FDR’s terms.

Get this:

4. Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., liberal New Deal historian wrote in The National Experience, in 1963, “Though the policies of the Hundred Days had ended despair, they had not produce recovery…” He also wrote honestly about the devastating crash of 1937- in the midst of the “second New Deal” and Roosevelt’s second term. “The collapse in the months after September 1937 was actually more severe than it had been in the first nine months of the depression: national income fell 13 %, payrolls 35 %, durable goods production 50 %, profits 78% .

5. In 1935, the Brookings Institution (left-leaning) delivered a 900-page report on the New Deal and the National Recovery Administration, concluding that “ on the whole it retarded recovery.”
The Real Deal - Society and Culture - AEI

What your post does reveal is that the Left has no ability to judge which federal policies are important....and which are not.

YAWN. Our resident troll has become very prolific of late, might that be a result of the drubbing taken by Tea Party Radicals in Congress and her need to change the conversation?

I just like makin' you feel inadequate.....

...should I have said 'revealing your inadequacy'?

What you "said"? LOL, what you write and expect people to 'buy' has become nothing more than a compilation of hackneyed threads all with the same conclusion, each based on a revision of history and premises of dubious distinction, original to mostly obscure authors with a decidedly conservative agenda.

PC can fool some of the people all of the time (a shout out to the echo chamber). Sometimes I wonder if we are reading posts by Sarah Palin; I'd suggest Ann Coulter but Coulter is very bright (and of course laughing at those who take her shtick seriously as she goes to the bank) and Palin is ridiculous.

Last edited:
What you "said"? LOL, what you write and expect people to 'buy' has become nothing more than a compilation of hackneyed threads all with the same conclusion, each based on a revision of history and premises of dubious distinction, original to mostly obscure authors with a decidedly conservative agenda.

PC can fool some of the people all of the time (a shout out to the echo chamber). Sometimes I wonder if we are reading posts by Sarah Palin; I'd suggest Ann Coulter but Coulter is very bright (and of course laughing at those who take her shtick seriously as she goes to the bank) and Palin is ridiculous.

Are you channeling Jake Starkey? Another fact and argument free post.

I just like makin' you feel inadequate.....

...should I have said 'revealing your inadequacy'?

"....all with the same conclusion,....."

What?????

Correct analysis from you?????

OMG…you are correct! That’s an event that usually accompanies a parting sea or a stone tablet!!!

But....let's explore your statement: time and again I provide correct date indicting Leftists of every stripe as deleterious to both America and to human social evolution.

I explain how totalitarian doctrines have resulted in murder and mayhem......oppression and slaughter.

My role, as you correctly concluded.....is education.

Of course, folks like you are immune to truth, so finding that you have even come as far as you have is a compliment to moi.

Carry on.

What's an example of a conservative government that is successful in your opinion? Let's see the shining examples that I'm sure you have plenty of.

Unfortunately we haven't had REAL conservative government in over 100 years. The Dumbocrats are always in Congress fucking everything up with socialism. They permanently wrecked the economy starting in the 1930's with the unconstitutional Social Security and they've continued the decline ever since.

But that being said, Reagan took over the second worse economy in U.S. history and created an economic tidal wave that the U.S. rode for nearly 30 years until Clinton collapsed the housing market with his "Community Re-Investment Act".

What's an example of a conservative government that is successful in your opinion? Let's see the shining examples that I'm sure you have plenty of.

Unfortunately we haven't had REAL conservative government in over 100 years. The Dumbocrats are always in Congress fucking everything up with socialism. They permanently wrecked the economy starting in the 1930's with the unconstitutional Social Security and they've continued the decline ever since.

But that being said, Reagan took over the second worse economy in U.S. history and created an economic tidal wave that the U.S. rode for nearly 30 years until Clinton collapsed the housing market with his "Community Re-Investment Act".

Reagan took over an expanding economy that six months later sank into one of our worst recessions.

You lied when you claimed that 1931 were some of the darkest days of the Depression.

Progressive Government Fails

Obama in 2010 – Insurance Premiums Will Decrease By 3,000 Percent
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUd-slJc-GY#t=86"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUd-slJc-GY#t=86[/ame]

Last edited:

You lied when you claimed that 1931 were some of the darkest days of the Depression.

So.....you are a congenital liar.

Actually, it was well known.

Carry on.

Forum List

Back