Progressive Va. School Refuses To Play Sports With Icky Christian Kids

To all the anti-Christian posters, I don't hate you back. Just because people who hate Christianity say it is a hate filled religion, this doesn't make that assertion true.

Be careful what you call "Christianity." This school does not, absolutely does NOT represent the entire faith. This whole anti-LGBTQ thing comes from a specific set of cults. Please specify your denomination.

The Bible is very clear homosexuality is a sin.

You'll never get around that

The bible very clearly says you need to stone your daughter to death is she isn't a virgin on her wedding night, and you need to kill your neighbors if you catch them working on the Sabbath. It also says eating Shrimp or Pork is an abomination, just like homosexuality.

I guess "can't we all just get along" isn't going to work anymore.

News media recently attacked second lady Karen Pence for teaching art at a Christian school that requires fidelity to Christian sexual mores from students and staff. Now a progressive private school that used to play athletic games against Pence’s Immanuel Christian School is refusing to play against them at their facility, on grounds that playing basketball at a Christian school makes children “unsafe.” Yes, really.

The school in question did not go out of their way to advertise their viewpoints, they were thrust into the limelight because Pence's wife had the audacity to work there, and the media decided to make them a "Christians bad" story.

I particularly like these parts:

So we decided that we would invite ICS to play all of the games at Sheridan. Since ICS declined our offer to host, we will only play our home games and will not go to ICS to play.

When Immanuel kids come to play at Sheridan, Donovan said, her students plan to antagonize the Christian children by plastering LGBT images across their clothing and waving LGBT-celebratory signs during games.

So they asked to hold all the games on their home court, because, you know, uncomfortable, and then the person said they would go out of their way to make the other schools kids be uncomfortable as possible.

What a display of doublethink.

Great find.

Perfect example of, as you say, "just get along" or Multiculturalism is dead.

anything as far as i'm concerned that encourages or advanced divide and hate is questionable, at best.
This is just another reflection of how we have decayed as a culture. Punish. Mock. Attack. Avoid. Divide. That's a terrible message to send to our kids.

Play the game and have a banner that addresses the issue in the stands. Wear rainbow arm bands. Rainbow sneakers. Whatever. But BE there.

Then encourage the kids to talk civilly with the other kids. I have NO doubt that there will be Christian kids who would admit they disagree with the policy, as long as they're not being attacked, mocked and screamed at.

This is just where we are. We've lost the capacity to communicate like reasonable adults, and we're seeing the predictable result all around us. We're celebrating, defending and encouraging actions that divide us even further. This is an ego-driven self-inflicted wound.
let people meet and see they're not nearly as different as *may* be believed. i grew up in a catholic school and it just wasn't as hellfire and brimstone as many people think. i've long since lost the need for religion but i don't get the hate for it.

reminds me of Silicon Valley - the HBO show. one dude didn't care if the world knew he was gay but once they found out he went to church, he was banned from all the techie functions.

This whol
anything as far as i'm concerned that encourages or advanced divide and hate is questionable, at best.
This is just another reflection of how we have decayed as a culture. Punish. Mock. Attack. Avoid. Divide. That's a terrible message to send to our kids.

Play the game and have a banner that addresses the issue in the stands. Wear rainbow arm bands. Rainbow sneakers. Whatever. But BE there.

Then encourage the kids to talk civilly with the other kids. I have NO doubt that there will be Christian kids who would admit they disagree with the policy, as long as they're not being attacked, mocked and screamed at.

This is just where we are. We've lost the capacity to communicate like reasonable adults, and we're seeing the predictable result all around us. We're celebrating, defending and encouraging actions that divide us even further. This is an ego-driven self-inflicted wound.
let people meet and see they're not nearly as different as *may* be believed. i grew up in a catholic school and it just wasn't as hellfire and brimstone as many people think. i've long since lost the need for religion but i don't get the hate for it.

reminds me of Silicon Valley - the HBO show. one dude didn't care if the world knew he was gay but once they found out he went to church, he was banned from all the techie functions.

It reminds me of the ill treatment that has been meted out to members of the Metropolitan Community Church, a denomination founded by Rev. Troy Perry, after he led Christian worship services at his home that were fully attended by LGBTQ Christians, whose numbers led him to a decision that another denomination was required to accommodate believers who were not welcomed by other denominations. I live in the DC area, and am delighted to see how many Christian churches that are welcomino all.

ICS teaches hate, but so many people are far beyond that.

Anyone ever consider that the parents of the Sheridan kids don't want their children exposed to the ICS ideology?

:th_weirdthread:

I’ve been wanting to use this icon.

This sounds like the appropriate thread.

Still don’t know who didn’t want to play with who…or why it matters.

It's pretty clear from the article. The "progressive school" says it feels uncomfortable playing at the Christian school, and I guess will forfeit the game there.

Maybe they saw the idiocy of that Convington bunch and figured fuck that, we don't have to be a participant in that shit.

They didn't do anything. What 'idiocy' are you mad at? Refusing to be provoked? Refusing to shout insults back at the people shouting insults at them?

They were a model of good behavior. You people are just scum. That's all there is to it. Scum people, hate good people. Well tough snot.

The bible very clearly says you need to stone your daughter to death is she isn't a virgin on her wedding night, and you need to kill your neighbors if you catch them working on the Sabbath. It also says eating Shrimp or Pork is an abomination, just like homosexuality.

Stfu you Bible illiterate. Watch and listen very closely and when I am finshied slink away and never pretend again you know ANYTHING Biblical

The ban on shellfish was Mosaic law, never applied to gentiles. It was Old Covenant law abolished by the New Covenant. In fact Jesus himself spoke of it. Go find it instead of looking stupid pretending you know jack about it.

You run around flipping your goddamn yap about things you know little of and right this moment look like the clueless jackass you are.

Feel the burn....asshole

I guess "can't we all just get along" isn't going to work anymore.

News media recently attacked second lady Karen Pence for teaching art at a Christian school that requires fidelity to Christian sexual mores from students and staff. Now a progressive private school that used to play athletic games against Pence’s Immanuel Christian School is refusing to play against them at their facility, on grounds that playing basketball at a Christian school makes children “unsafe.” Yes, really.

The school in question did not go out of their way to advertise their viewpoints, they were thrust into the limelight because Pence's wife had the audacity to work there, and the media decided to make them a "Christians bad" story.

I particularly like these parts:

So we decided that we would invite ICS to play all of the games at Sheridan. Since ICS declined our offer to host, we will only play our home games and will not go to ICS to play.

When Immanuel kids come to play at Sheridan, Donovan said, her students plan to antagonize the Christian children by plastering LGBT images across their clothing and waving LGBT-celebratory signs during games.

So they asked to hold all the games on their home court, because, you know, uncomfortable, and then the person said they would go out of their way to make the other schools kids be uncomfortable as possible.

What a display of doublethink.

didn't read your post. Just the title.

I have no doubt that icky christian schools would refuse to play sports with any secular school that proudly enrolled gays and atheists and muslims.

like......

Jaelene Hinkle’s decision not to play for the U.S. women’s national soccer team last summer was, she said, a simple one. Because of her religious beliefs (christian)

Another sign that leftists are trying to split the nation in two. They would love to secede if they could figure out how.

you guys are so fkn deranged!

every week on this board there is one or 2 threads started by conservatives discussing CIVIL WAR!

and here YOU are blaming it on the left.

Who ties your fkn shoes in the morning?

This all bucks the question of why the Sheridan people cannot avoid such people as the ones at ICS. The people at ICS choose how they act. Maybe their choices are not palatable to others.

This all bucks the question of why the Sheridan people cannot avoid such people as the ones at ICS. The people at ICS choose how they act. Maybe their choices are not palatable to others.

The point is that Multiculturalism has been demonstrated to be a lie and a failure.

Indeed, your support of this is further evidence.

At a school where your side won, they are not trying to get along. THey see the other as the enemy.

You not only have failed, you have become that which you claimed to oppose.

So a private school you claim is a progressive political school is wanting too intimidate their sports rivalries? I can remember we used to do the same in the 1960's-'70's...

So what?

The point is that Multiculturalism has been demonstrated to be a lie and a failure.

At a school where your side won, they are not trying to get along. THey see the other as the enemy.

This has absolutely nothing to do with "multi-culturalism." Multiculturalism" has to do with accepting the way that someone was born. ICS is an institution that chooses to push an ideology of hatred against others. Nobody has said anything about the race, sex, ethnicity, etc. of anyone at ICS.

You comment as if we all have to accept and encourage every ideology on the planet, regardless of its vulgarity and hatred of others. You act as if we people have no right to avoid such vulgar people.

This has absolutely nothing to do with "multi-culturalism." Multiculturalism" has to do with accepting the way that someone was born. ICS is an institution that chooses to push an ideology of hatred against others. Nobody has said anything about the race, sex, ethnicity, etc. of anyone at ICS.

You comment as if we all have to accept and encourage every ideology on the planet, regardless of its vulgarity and hatred of others. You act as if we people have no right to avoid such vulgar people.

Multiculturalism is about culture. MULTI CULTURALISM.

THe progressives at the one school, can't deal with the fact that another school has a different culture.

Multiculturalism has failed. Indeed, considering your response, one has to question whether it was ever meant to succeed.

THe progressives at the one school, can't deal with the fact that another school has a different culture.

Multiculturalism has failed. Indeed, considering your response, one has to question whether it was ever meant to succeed.
Of what "culture" is ICS?

:th_weirdthread:

I’ve been wanting to use this icon.

This sounds like the appropriate thread.

Still don’t know who didn’t want to play with who…or why it matters.

It's pretty clear from the article. The "progressive school" says it feels uncomfortable playing at the Christian school, and I guess will forfeit the game there.

Maybe they saw the idiocy of that Convington bunch and figured fuck that, we don't have to be a participant in that shit.

Or maybe they were hyper-partisan douche bags like you.

It would be a much different story if the Christian team said their religion forbids them playing with the sinful abominations.

Some type of Evangelical Christian it seems. And the progressives cant' abide by it. It offends them and their bigotry.

Maybe the pa

Some type of Evangelical Christian it seems. And the progressives cant' abide by it. It offends them and their bigotry.

Maybe Sheridan parents simply don't want their children exposed to evangelical bigots. Why can't they shield their children?

Maybe the pa

Maybe Sheridan parents simply don't want their children exposed to evangelical bigots. Why can't they shield their children?

1. The irony that you would generalize that all evangelicals are bigots. You have the self awareness of a potted plant. A dead potted plant.

2. THe article discussed how they were not only NOT playing at the other's school, but had tactics to try to offend and harass the students when they came to play at their school.

3. That you support this bigotry, is further proof that multiculturalism is dead, if it was ever real to begin with.

Dodging the question. typical.
There....

WAs...

No...

question.

But don't apologize. It's in the quote chain.

Dodging the statement then, you literalist fuck.
I didnt dodge it - in FACT, I elaborated on why the two were made analogous.......they're both dispositions outside of your conscious control.

Unless you're going to tell me that your brain can tell your dick to get a boner for a tree if you really really wanted it to.

No, you ignore my point that while most religions have a taboo on homosexual acts, most also don't promote racism. That makes your appeal to the race card invalid when discussing this school in particular, and most religious schools.
Um, race was used as an analogy.

Do you know the function of the tool we call "analogy?"

The analogous properties were that both race and sexual attraction are not consciously decided.....and the analogy flows from there.

You're dismissing the analogy because this church isnt racist - when that's completely besides the point.

Why is this like talking to 12 year olds?

One is a behavior, one is skin color.

You keep ignoring that most religions say the behavior of homosexuality is sinful. Unless you feel like making government force religions to change that, it is always going to be true.

Forum List

Back