Progressives Killed Eric Garner

A person who is being suffocated, but can still speak, is not going to say, "I am having a very difficult time breathing." They are going to say what Garner said. "I can't breathe." Brevity out of necessity while being suffocated. An economy of words to preserve what little air one has left.

He was suffocated. To death. He tried to alert them to this. This is a fact.
Yes, I was being sarcastic.
I was addressing Jarhead's ridiculous literal reading of Garner's last words.

I looked at the video. Lots of mistakes on both sides. I dont think it warranted indictment of the cops and the guy should have gone with the flow. That said, how did an allegation of selling lucys end up in a pile on by police officers and the guy's death?

It's not a bug, friendo. Piles of Police Officer are a Feature when Everyone is a Criminal.

I looked at the video. Lots of mistakes on both sides. I dont think it warranted indictment of the cops and the guy should have gone with the flow. That said, how did an allegation of selling lucys end up in a pile on by police officers and the guy's death?

It's not a bug, friendo. Piles of Police Officer are a Feature when Everyone is a Criminal.
That is exactly it. Dont comply fully and they will make you do it. There were probably many options here rather than escalating as they did.

Don't you sane people out there just love it when the RWnuts have to twist themselves into a mental pretzel trying to find some way to blame liberals for everything?

We get it from watching you loones blaming Bush for everything.

Call it Karma.

Another scholar weighs in.

Well, this isn't the forum for intelligent conversation, not after some of lame excuses we've heard from you guys trying to cover the Democrats' asses.
As if you would even begin to know what intelligent conversation looks like.

:lame2:

That is exactly it. Dont comply fully and they will make you do it. There were probably many options here rather than escalating as they did.

Indeed. It's a preview of coming attractions. Expired Parking Meter? Civil Asset Forfeiture of your car. Why should the police bother handing out parking tickets when they can profit from taking your car. After all, you let the parking meter expire! Just think of all the possibilities for police departments and government agencies to profit from the laws that are unknowable!

Indeed. It's a preview of coming attractions. Expired Parking Meter? Civil Asset Forfeiture of your car. Why should the police bother handing out parking tickets when they can profit from taking your car. After all, you let the parking meter expire! Just think of all the possibilities for police departments and government agencies to profit from the laws that are unknowable!
That's already the case on the federal level. The Supreme Court had a case where a couple were under sanctions by the EPA for some wetlands violation. Th EPA slapped a huge per day fine on them. BUt didnt bother to tell them they had done that. Fortunately the Court threw that one out.
It has a specious logic to it: we define criminality. Then we punish criminals. Somewhere in there lurks the question, why should this be a criminal activity in the first place? And shouldn't the law be obvious enough so people can know it and obey it?

That's already the case on the federal level. The Supreme Court had a case where a couple were under sanctions by the EPA for some wetlands violation. Th EPA slapped a huge per day fine on them. BUt didnt bother to tell them they had done that. Fortunately the Court threw that one out.
It has a specious logic to it: we define criminality. Then we punish criminals. Somewhere in there lurks the question, why should this be a criminal activity in the first place? And shouldn't the law be obvious enough so people can know it and obey it?

That's why the Regulatory Bureaucracy needs to be severely cut back. It's a conflict of interest when those who are making things illegal via regulations profit from such newly defined crimes.

Eric Garner DID commit suicide.by failing to comply with the commands of the NYPD officers on the scene. At that point any negative outcome was his own fault.

I say this as an individual who truly expects to see his life end at the hands of LEOs, but when you resist an officer or fail to comply with commands, you have to expect the worst response (for you) possible.
Here is a good Opinion piece.

Blame only the man who tragically decided to resist New York Post

"First, while “chokeholds” are banned by NYPD regulation, they’re not illegal under state law when used by a cop during a lawful arrest. So much for criminal charges, given that nobody seriously disputes the legitimacy of the arrest."

"Finally, there is this: There were 228,000 misdemeanor arrests in New York City in 2013, the last year for which there are audited figures, and every one of them had at least the potential to turn into an Eric Garner-like case."

None of which absolves the officer of his responsibility to obey department policy. He should be fired.

No he shouldn't. He was enforcing the laws created by moronic legislators.

I'm afraid you've strayed from reasonable argument into rhetorical nonsense.

In your opinion. I believe I am using common sense. Something Garner should have used considering his poor health. Heart disease, asthma and diabetes. The guy was halfway in the grave already. His refusal to just let himself be arrested is what caused his death. The idiotic laws created by idiotic legislators created the situation that lead to his death.

I'm pretty it was the compression on his neck and chest that killed him. Excessive use of force to subdue him and a lack of medical care or neglect after the assault is what caused it.

Eric Garner DID commit suicide.by failing to comply with the commands of the NYPD officers on the scene. At that point any negative outcome was his own fault.

I say this as an individual who truly expects to see his life end at the hands of LEOs, but when you resist an officer or fail to comply with commands, you have to expect the worst response (for you) possible.

The choke hold is clearly against NYPD policy, the officer in question should be fired.
It was not a choke hold. That is what the media refers it to....and progressives jumped on it.

A choke hold is when you hold someone to the point where they can not breathe.

The man continually said "I cant breathe"....

If one cant breathe, one can not say they cant breathe....thus the reason for the universal sign of choking...it is the only way a choking person can say they are choking.

It was not a choke hold. It was a wrestling hold commonly known as a half nelson.

The media makes the intelligent, like you, look stupid.

It sure seemed to choke the dude. It was not a half neslon. That's under the arm pit and behind the neck not in front, on the windpipe.

The choke hold is clearly against NYPD policy, the officer in question should be fired.
It was not a choke hold. That is what the media refers it to....and progressives jumped on it.

A choke hold is when you hold someone to the point where they can not breathe.

The man continually said "I cant breathe"....

If one cant breathe, one can not say they cant breathe....thus the reason for the universal sign of choking...it is the only way a choking person can say they are choking.

It was not a choke hold. It was a wrestling hold commonly known as a half nelson.

The media makes the intelligent, like you, look stupid.

Maybe you just forgot to watch the video.

maybe you forgot to read my post.

As the video shows, the man is saying "I cant breathe"..

If one cant breathe, then one can not speak. Breathe is necessary to speak. That is fact.

The video clearly shows the man in a half nelson...a commonly used wresting move and a commonly used police tactic used to keep someone under their control.

Know your facts before calling for the firing of someone

Being able to take a breath into your lungs is different than being able to push a little air past your vocal cords.

The Half bit, already debunked.

The trick is make the law so difficult to obey that everyone is a criminal waiting to be caught by the government so they can be blackmailed into doing something they normally wouldn't do.

lol, what was the tax rate on those cigars that Michael Brown stole?

His tobacco related theft was the crime of the century, remember?
Assaulting a police officer is the crime that got him killed, moron
Where in the video do you see a police officer being assaulted?

It's difficult for them to answer while their knees are jerking so hard.
I think you're bodies's male sock.

"First, while “chokeholds” are banned by NYPD regulation, they’re not illegal under state law when used by a cop during a lawful arrest. So much for criminal charges, given that nobody seriously disputes the legitimacy of the arrest."

"Finally, there is this: There were 228,000 misdemeanor arrests in New York City in 2013, the last year for which there are audited figures, and every one of them had at least the potential to turn into an Eric Garner-like case."

None of which absolves the officer of his responsibility to obey department policy. He should be fired.

In your opinion. I believe I am using common sense. Something Garner should have used considering his poor health. Heart disease, asthma and diabetes. The guy was halfway in the grave already. His refusal to just let himself be arrested is what caused his death. The idiotic laws created by idiotic legislators created the situation that lead to his death.

I'm pretty it was the compression on his neck and chest that killed him. Excessive use of force to subdue him and a lack of medical care or neglect after the assault is what caused it.

Or it could it be he was really fat and out of shape?

Only partially.

Eric Garner s death ruled a homicide NYC medical examiner - NY Daily News

"The autopsy determined the victim’s asthma, obesity and high blood pressure were also contributing factors in his death.

“We believe, however, that if he had not resisted the lawful order of the police officers placing him under arrest, this tragedy would not have occurred,” PBA President Pat Lynch said in a statement."

Only partially.

Eric Garner s death ruled a homicide NYC medical examiner - NY Daily News

"The autopsy determined the victim’s asthma, obesity and high blood pressure were also contributing factors in his death.

“We believe, however, that if he had not resisted the lawful order of the police officers placing him under arrest, this tragedy would not have occurred,” PBA President Pat Lynch said in a statement."
If he'd just stayed in bed that morning no cop would have been able to put him in a chokehold. I bet he feels stupid now.

Forum List

Back