Progressives: Your Fav Key Issues for Media Campaigns

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
I am reading more and more posts of fellow Progressives, who seem "underchallenged" compared with the intellectual capacity we have, individually and potentially as a team.

Instead of solving our own problems, and pushing proposed solutions through our parties,
why are we wasting words as weapons arguing with others over the problems and blame?

Are we done sharpening our swords, and using each other for target practice?

If you are a Progressive, open to ethical, sustainable and Constitutional solutions,
please post your affiliation, your TOP ISSUES or proposed reforms/solutions
you would MOST like to see pushed in the media, instead of empty campaigns by party.

We have access to media production and broadcast online, forums and conferencing.
Why couldn't we just as easily organize and promote direct solutions for parties to follow?

NAME your issues, what are your key objections and solutions.

Let's take on this list, form teams, and create positive media messages
that promote participation and investment directly in the reforms we want in government.

Let's go viral with campaigns that inspire and promote workable solutions,
not more political propaganda for votes.

WHO are YOU? And WHAT do you WANT? Let's hear it! Let's do it!
GO TEAM!

The biggest problem we face is money in politics.
Elections should be publicly funded.
If we got that passed, we'd solve a lot of our problems right there.

^ that

PLUS-

1) not listing party affiliation next to candidates names on ballots

2) allowing all candidates who want to participate in debates to participate if they're serious candidates.

^ that

PLUS-

1) not listing party affiliation next to candidates names on ballots

2) allowing all candidates who want to participate in debates to participate if they're serious candidates.
WoW!!

Yeah, that would be good.

I believe at least HALF of all voters just vote along party lines.

That would put a quick stop to that nonsense.

Thanks [MENTION=20450]MarcATL[/MENTION] and [MENTION=28132]Dot Com[/MENTION] for your replies.

What do you think of the idea of
* taxpayers' choice in the breakdown of what % of programs to fund
* microlending to and from govt:
-- taxpayers lending money to govt at an interest rate similar to federal reserve investors
(ie what if the flat tax rate was fixed at 10% and anything paid above that is a loan to govt.
for example if citizens do not agree religiously on the death penalty, on health care systems, etc.
could separate options be offered for people to fund the systems they believe in)
-- beneficiaries paying back short term loans for education, welfare, etc.
-- parties separating the funding for their policies/platforms (which their members agree to but other parties do not, instead of fighting to push their agenda through govt on everyone) and parties lending money to each other's programs to reward cost-effective management
* parties held responsible for collecting restitution/credit back to taxpayers if their elected candidates abuse political power to commit fraud, corruption, or other waste incurring debts to the public

Last edited:
There's some great idea's here but we'd have to end run the real owners of D.C. at present- Wall St. & other favored interests

thknKrF.gif

Notice that satire is from 4 yrs ago BEFORE the McCutcheon decision!!! Its even MORE blatant now.

Last edited:
I am reading more and more posts of fellow Progressives, who seem "underchallenged" compared with the intellectual capacity we have,

holy shit!

MOST people are comfortably numb w/ the status quo. :eusa_whistle: MURICANs are "exceptional" according to MURdoch TV (he's a foreigner BTW [he only gained MURICAN citizenship because he was prohibited from owning a larger share of the U.S. TV spectrum because of rulespreventing excessive foreign ownership of U.S. air waves]) but you knew that already :thup:

Last edited:
I am reading more and more posts of fellow Progressives, who seem "underchallenged" compared with the intellectual capacity we have,

holy shit!

MOST people are comfortably numb w/ the status quo. :eusa_whistle:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I mean I think we all know that hardcore left-wing partisan ideologues are far more intelligent, open-minded and tolerant than anyone who isn't a hardcore left-wing partisan ideologue. I mean, that's just a given 'n stuff.

It's just that I was a little shocked to see it just put out in the open like that.

I mean, come on, you're going to hurt our feelings here.

^ snark meter off the scale.

You Righties are sooo intelligent, thats why you people are so over represented in the hard sciences.....OH WAIT!!! :shock: Never mind :redface:

Last edited:
holy shit!

Oh, don't get me wrong, I mean I think we all know that hardcore left-wing partisan ideologues are far more intelligent, open-minded and tolerant than anyone who isn't a hardcore left-wing partisan ideologue. I mean, that's just a given 'n stuff.

It's just that I was a little shocked to see it just put out in the open like that.

No hurt feelings here. There are lots of very intelligent people who are conservatives but they waste their spark of intelligence on just enriching themselves and don't give a damn about the rest of the human race. The greatest things that have ever happened occurred because someone bent their mind to the service of mankind while others made a fortune and died without making the world any better. If you cannot grasp the concept of wanting to improve the lives of everyone rather than just yourself then at least spare us the silly ridicule, it does nothing to defend conservatism from its image problem as the ideology devoted to making the deadly sins of fear and greed into virtues.

Last edited:

No hurt feelings here. There are lots of very intelligent people who are conservatives but they waste their spark of intelligence on just enriching themselves and don't give a damn about the rest of the human race. The greatest things that have ever happened occurred because someone bent their mind to the service of mankind while others made a fortune and died without making the world any better. If you cannot grasp the concept of wanting to improve the lives of everyone rather than just yourself then at least spare us the silly ridicule, it does nothing to defend conservatism from its image problem as the ideology devoted to making the deadly sins of fear and greed into virtues.

Too bad your concept of improving the lives of everyone involves taking assets earned by one group of people to give to another group of people who haven't earned them. And if someone points out the injustice of that...you will of course label them as "greedy". The fact is...almost without exception...when someone enriches themselves through hard work and sacrifice...they also provide wealth and opportunity to others. But you don't recognize that...do you?:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

holy shit!

Love how dimocrap scum sitting in Academia give each other reach-arounds and pats on the back for having such advanced degrees in Black Studies and Womens Studies while accusing us of not being 'creative'. Like writing bad poetry and singing stupid songs is creative.

Meanwhile, Engineers and Doctors, 99% of whom are Conservative, just 'created' this...

Woman?s cancer killed by measles virus in unprecedented trial

People.... THAT is creativity. Not writing bad poetry or pretending to be someone else in a bad movie

We've got to wrest control back from the Banks.

Anything else we do is putting a bandaid on an gushing arterial wound.

^ that

They own the government. Make no mistake about that. Look who gets appointed to the Treasury & FED for the proof :up: Wall St cronies. :eusa_clap:

OMG...bankers running the FED? Next thing you'll tell me is that lawyers are running the Supreme Court! Madness...sheer madness! We should have political science majors running EVERYTHING! (eye-roll)

There's some great idea's here but we'd have to end run the real owners of D.C. at present- Wall St. & other favored interests

thknKrF.gif

Notice that satire is from 4 yrs ago BEFORE the McCutcheon decision!!! Its even MORE blatant now.

why can't repub-voters see this? :dunno: Tea Partiers see it plain as day. Keep voting for the least of the worst & see how that works for YOU PEOPLE!!! :eusa_wall:

holy shit!

Nice reverse psych ya got there...its almost at a 4th grade level

Too bad your concept of improving the lives of everyone involves taking assets earned by one group of people to give to another group of people who haven't earned them. And if someone points out the injustice of that...you will of course label them as "greedy". The fact is...almost without exception...when someone enriches themselves through hard work and sacrifice...they also provide wealth and opportunity to others. But you don't recognize that...do you?:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Too bad that that system of taxation has existed since the Romans and no other system is better. Or maybe you believe every nation has done it like that because of no good reason :lol:

Forum List

Back