Progs Now Turn To Ruining Our Food

You cant tell the difference between slime and ground beef?

I don't eat meat, and usually don't eat dairy. But to answer your question, no, and neither can you when 15% is added to ground beef.

Surely you're not referring to ground beef bought in the grocery store.

70 Percent of Ground Beef at Supermarkets Contains ‘Pink Slime’

70 Percent of Ground Beef at Supermarkets Contains 8216 Pink Slime 8217 - ABC News

Eight years ago, federal officials were struggling to remove potentially deadly E. coli from hamburgers when an entrepreneurial company from South Dakota came up with a novel idea: injecting beef with ammonia.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/31/us/31meat.html?_r=3&pagewanted=all&

That's an old article, but worth the read.

This is old info. After the uproar in 2012 less than 5% of ground beef has pink slime in it and thats in the pre made patties.
I had heard of pink slime but never really paid that much attention to it.
After reading up on it,it appears to be perfectly safe since all it is is pieces of lean meat,but I sure dont approve of it's use without notifying the consumer.
The big users are schools and prisons.

The Surprising Reason ‘Pink Slime’ Meat Is Back
Aug. 26, 2014

"......By May 2012, Beef Products, Inc,, the South Dakota-based inventor of the product, was on the brink of collapse—closing three of its four plants and laying off 700 employees.

What a difference two years makes.

On Aug. 18, BPI reopened one of its shuttered plants. While production is nowhere near pre-freak-out levels, when the product BPI calls “lean finely textured beef” was estimated to be in 70% of the ground beef sold in the U.S., the company has been gradually regaining business.""""

I doubt you bothered to read the article before just gabbing onto it.

Here's the most poignant bit:

Though the USDA considers the product safe for human consumption, fast food giants like McDonald’s, Burger King and Taco Bell publicly renounced it and public schools around the country stopped serving it for lunch.

The GOVERNMENT claims Pink Slime is safe. The Private Sector stopped using it because Customers didn't like it.

It's back because some customers have decided they'd rather have Beef+Pink Slime instead of no beef at all.

70 Percent of Ground Beef at Supermarkets Contains 8216 Pink Slime 8217 - ABC News

Eight years ago, federal officials were struggling to remove potentially deadly E. coli from hamburgers when an entrepreneurial company from South Dakota came up with a novel idea: injecting beef with ammonia.

This is old info. After the uproar in 2012 less than 5% of ground beef has pink slime in it and thats in the pre made patties.
After reading up on it,it appears to be perfectly safe since all it is is pieces of lean meat,but I sure dont approve of it's use without notifying the consumer.

Aug. 26, 2014

"......By May 2012, Beef Products, Inc,, the South Dakota-based inventor of the product, was on the brink of collapse—closing three of its four plants and laying off 700 employees.

On Aug. 18, BPI reopened one of its shuttered plants. While production is nowhere near pre-freak-out levels, when the product BPI calls “lean finely textured beef” was estimated to be in 70% of the ground beef sold in the U.S., the company has been gradually regaining business.""""

It's trying to make a comeback due to high beef prices.
But the majority of grocery stores still dont use it for fear of consumer backlash.

And why the high beef prices? The main issue is drought. And why so much drought, wild fires, and weird weather in general? I dunno, lets ask the majority of scientists.

In the summer of 2012, more than 50% of the country was considered in moderate or extreme drought.

It's called a drought,they happen on a regular basis. Dont need a scientist to tell me that.

Are you a scientist? Nope? I think I'll go with the scientists on this one.

Scientists project global warming will bring more uncertainty, potentially causing both more extremely dry periods and more heavy rainfall events. These extreme weather events will exacerbate the problems we face with water management and protection in the U.S.

Southeast Drought
Despite the relative rarity of droughts in the second half of the 20th century, historic records show that regular droughts are more typical for the Southeast. Global warming suggests more is yet to come--continued climate changes will potentially cause both more extremely dry periods and more heavy rainfall events. And, sea level rise could contaminate critical underground freshwater reserves.

Global Warming and Drought - National Wildlife Federation

Aug. 26, 2014

But the majority of grocery stores still dont use it for fear of consumer backlash.

And why the high beef prices? The main issue is drought. And why so much drought, wild fires, and weird weather in general? I dunno, lets ask the majority of scientists.

In the summer of 2012, more than 50% of the country was considered in moderate or extreme drought.

Maybe beef would be cheaper if the U.S. Government didn't force us to BURN FOOD FOR FUEL.

I don't eat meat, and usually don't eat dairy. But to answer your question, no, and neither can you when 15% is added to ground beef.

Aug. 26, 2014

Though the USDA considers the product safe for human consumption, fast food giants like McDonald’s, Burger King and Taco Bell publicly renounced it and public schools around the country stopped serving it for lunch.

The GOVERNMENT claims Pink Slime is safe. The Private Sector stopped using it because Customers didn't like it.

It's back because some customers have decided they'd rather have Beef+Pink Slime instead of no beef at all.

Right. Consumers want pink slime. 98% won't even know what they're eating. I know it, and surely you do too.

the progressives, namely Obama, are only targeting Republicans when they taint food. That's more subtle than bringing over Ebloa.

es

Aug. 26, 2014

Maybe beef would be cheaper if the U.S. Government didn't force us to BURN FOOD FOR FUEL.

The MAIN reason for the price increase is drought.

Aug. 26, 2014

Because like Alar the whole thing was bullshit blown out of proportion by idiots like you.

Yummmmmmy!!!

pink-slime.jpeg

Aug. 26, 2014

Right. Consumers want pink slime. 98% won't even know what they're eating. I know it, and surely you do too.

Some obviously do or they wouldn't purchase the products. And Anyhoo, what skin off of your nose is it if they do?

10 foods with more ammonia than pink slime Grist

The biggest problem I have with pink slim is not being notified that it's being used.
I know I dont want it in my ground beef. But it doesnt have anything to do with it being bad for you,it has to do with the quality of the food I make which includes texture.

For whatever reason you don't want pink slime, as a consumer, you have the right to know what you're purchasing. And your link makes me feel better about giving up meat altogether.

Aug. 26, 2014

Some obviously do or they wouldn't purchase the products. And Anyhoo, what skin off of your nose is it if they do?
Libs cant stand the notion of someone somewhere doing something they wouldn't do themselves.

The biggest problem I have with pink slim is not being notified that it's being used.
I know I dont want it in my ground beef. But it doesnt have anything to do with it being bad for you,it has to do with the quality of the food I make which includes texture.

For whatever reason you don't want pink slime, as a consumer, you have the right to know what you're purchasing. And your link makes me feel better about giving up meat altogether.
You are free in this country to consume or not consume anything you want. For now, anyway.

Aug. 26, 2014

You know that's bullshit, because they aren't going to know anything about the pink slime. THERE WILL BE NO LABEL TELLING THE CONSUMER ABOUT THE PINK SLIME!

I thought you didn't trust the Government.

The USDA is full of shit. They are not to be trusted, and I don't care who's in office.

You are free in this country to consume or not consume anything you want. For now, anyway.

We're just not free to know what we're buying? Do you have something against labels?

Aug. 26, 2014

Libs cant stand the notion of someone somewhere doing something they wouldn't do themselves.

Eat your fucking pink slime, you big dummy.

Aug. 26, 2014

Thanks for demonstrating you cannot hold a reasonable conversation.
You'[re dismissed.

Thanks for demonstrating you cannot hold a reasonable conversation.
You'[re dismissed.

Find me someone reasonable.

Aug. 26, 2014

You are a vulgar, tacky nitwit.

Wow, I thought Republican's were all about consumer rights.

You are a vulgar, tacky nitwit.

images

The Progs have ruined health care, energy, housing, student debt and on an on markets. But that's not nearly enough for their Control Freak compulsion. Now they want to take over FOOD.

Al Gore: ‘It’s Time For A National Policy On Food’
And you’ll never guess why! Well, unless you guessed “global warming,” which is what you did the moment you saw Al Gore’s name. He cannot and will not shut up about it. And I, for one, don’t want him to.

(snip)

It took four guys to write this. That means it’s four times as true.

How we produce and consume food has a bigger impact on Americans’ well-being than any other human activity. The food industry is the largest sector of our economy; food touches everything from our health to the environment, climate change, economic inequality and the federal budget. Yet we have no food policy — no plan or agreed-upon principles — for managing American agriculture or the food system as a whole.

That must change.
(snip)
And what would this “national food policy” entail? I’m glad you asked the question I’m assuming you just asked. The government needs to “invest resources” to make promises about the following:

● All Americans have access to healthful food;

● Farm policies are designed to support our public health and environmental objectives;

● Our food supply is free of toxic bacteria, chemicals and drugs;

● Production and marketing of our food are done transparently;

● The food industry pays a fair wage to those it employs;

● Food marketing sets children up for healthful lives by instilling in them a habit of eating real food;

● Animals are treated with compassion and attention to their well-being;

● The food system’s carbon footprint is reduced, and the amount of carbon sequestered on farmland is increased;

● The food system is sufficiently resilient to withstand the effects of climate change.

See? Simple! Good things are good and bad things are bad, and therefore it’s the role of government to ensure good things and abolish bad things. Everywhere, all the time, whether you like it or not.

And in case you have a problem with any of these common-sense policy items, you can just shut your teabagger trap right now:

Only those with a vested interest in the status quo would argue against creating public policies with these goals.

BOOM.

Al Gore It s Time For A National Policy On Food The Daily Caller

I'm guessing that Gore and Kleiner Perkins have figured out a way to get taxpayer money for FOOD.

Ensuring our food is safe to actually eat. Yes, this must be stopped.

The Progs have ruined health care, energy, housing, student debt and on an on markets. But that's not nearly enough for their Control Freak compulsion. Now they want to take over FOOD.

Al Gore: ‘It’s Time For A National Policy On Food’
And you’ll never guess why! Well, unless you guessed “global warming,” which is what you did the moment you saw Al Gore’s name. He cannot and will not shut up about it. And I, for one, don’t want him to.

(snip)

It took four guys to write this. That means it’s four times as true.

How we produce and consume food has a bigger impact on Americans’ well-being than any other human activity. The food industry is the largest sector of our economy; food touches everything from our health to the environment, climate change, economic inequality and the federal budget. Yet we have no food policy — no plan or agreed-upon principles — for managing American agriculture or the food system as a whole.

That must change.

(snip)
And what would this “national food policy” entail? I’m glad you asked the question I’m assuming you just asked. The government needs to “invest resources” to make promises about the following:

● All Americans have access to healthful food;

● Farm policies are designed to support our public health and environmental objectives;

● Our food supply is free of toxic bacteria, chemicals and drugs;

● Production and marketing of our food are done transparently;

● The food industry pays a fair wage to those it employs;

● Food marketing sets children up for healthful lives by instilling in them a habit of eating real food;

● Animals are treated with compassion and attention to their well-being;

● The food system’s carbon footprint is reduced, and the amount of carbon sequestered on farmland is increased;

● The food system is sufficiently resilient to withstand the effects of climate change.

See? Simple! Good things are good and bad things are bad, and therefore it’s the role of government to ensure good things and abolish bad things. Everywhere, all the time, whether you like it or not.

And in case you have a problem with any of these common-sense policy items, you can just shut your teabagger trap right now:

Only those with a vested interest in the status quo would argue against creating public policies with these goals.

BOOM.

Al Gore It s Time For A National Policy On Food The Daily Caller

I'm guessing that Gore and Kleiner Perkins have figured out a way to get taxpayer money for FOOD.

Ensuring our food is safe to actually eat. Yes, this must be stopped.

or insuring .,

remind me the last time you ate at Chili's and were able to read a list if ingredients before you ordered.... did or did the hamburger you ate contain pink slime or didn't it ? .... that is the question of the day..

ponder it.

Forum List

Back