Progs Now Turn To Ruining Our Food

We already have labeling standard for food, you pathetic moron.

And where does that info appear on MacDonalds packaging?

Would you say that MOST consumers in Macdonalds know that they are being fed pink slime?

It is the very government that you are supporting that allows that pink slime.

Does that mean you are for or against pink slime as an additive?

And for those of you that think you are not eating pink slime, it can constitute up to 15 % of ground beef without additional labeling. Pink slime is illegal in the EU. Apparently, they care more about their citizens.

I prefer not to consume Pink Slime. I don't eat fast food except under extreme circumstances. And I don't need the Government to tell me not to eat it nor to protect me from it. Consuming fast food is a personal decision.

Not everyone has a crystal ball when choosing ground beef that's not labeled for pink slime.

You cant tell the difference between slime and ground beef?

And where does that info appear on MacDonalds packaging?

Would you say that MOST consumers in Macdonalds know that they are being fed pink slime?

And for those of you that think you are not eating pink slime, it can constitute up to 15 % of ground beef without additional labeling. Pink slime is illegal in the EU. Apparently, they care more about their citizens.

I prefer not to consume Pink Slime. I don't eat fast food except under extreme circumstances. And I don't need the Government to tell me not to eat it nor to protect me from it. Consuming fast food is a personal decision.

Not everyone has a crystal ball when choosing ground beef that's not labeled for pink slime.

I don't eat meat, and usually don't eat dairy. But to answer your question, no, and neither can you when 15% is added to ground beef.

I don't eat meat, and usually don't eat dairy. But to answer your question, no, and neither can you when 15% is added to ground beef.

Surely you're not referring to ground beef bought in the grocery store.

70 Percent of Ground Beef at Supermarkets Contains ‘Pink Slime’

70 Percent of Ground Beef at Supermarkets Contains 8216 Pink Slime 8217 - ABC News

Eight years ago, federal officials were struggling to remove potentially deadly E. coli from hamburgers when an entrepreneurial company from South Dakota came up with a novel idea: injecting beef with ammonia.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/31/us/31meat.html?_r=3&pagewanted=all&

That's an old article, but worth the read.

They're already trying to take over our healthcare.
Food and the internet are the next logical steps in totally controlling the populace.
What kind of idiot thinks this is a good idea? ....thats right,liberals.

What kind of idiot thinks that standing against bacteria and chemical food is a good thing?

I dont get the problem except the knee jerk reaction to be against anything because of the messenger.

You sad little sack of silliness. Nobody is standing up for bacteria and chemicals in food. We're against the Government TAKING OVER OUR FOOD SUPPLY and ruining it via Cronyism the way they do with every other market based activity they touch.
Well I hate to tell ya but if corporations are running the food supply (which in large part they are), cronyism is already an integral part. There's no more concentrated cronyism than in the corporate world.

I beg to differ. The most concentrated Cronyism in the corporate world is Big Finance. They have government subsidized Fed to rig the financial markets and provide ZIRP $$$.
Well ok, you got me there. Second most concentrated cronyism...

'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?

pink-slime-a9e69e959359b9b9d6d46aa581f0f2be8cf28a68-s800-c85.jpg

Pink Slime Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That The Salt NPR

There's no more concentrated cronyism than in the corporate world.
There's an equal amount in government. Think about it.

No, corporate cronyism can exist all within the corporate system. No government needed.
It doesnt really matter if there is cronyism in corporations. It wont affect me at all. Government cronyism however uses taxpayer dollars to hand out favors on sweetheart deals and is a violation of public trust.
You pay money, if only indirectly, to corporations whose crony connections add a huge amount of overhead to their product. You just don't seem to realize it.

The Progs have ruined health care, energy, housing, student debt and on an on markets. But that's not nearly enough for their Control Freak compulsion. Now they want to take over FOOD.

Al Gore: ‘It’s Time For A National Policy On Food’
And you’ll never guess why! Well, unless you guessed “global warming,” which is what you did the moment you saw Al Gore’s name. He cannot and will not shut up about it. And I, for one, don’t want him to.

(snip)

It took four guys to write this. That means it’s four times as true.

How we produce and consume food has a bigger impact on Americans’ well-being than any other human activity. The food industry is the largest sector of our economy; food touches everything from our health to the environment, climate change, economic inequality and the federal budget. Yet we have no food policy — no plan or agreed-upon principles — for managing American agriculture or the food system as a whole.

That must change.

(snip)
And what would this “national food policy” entail? I’m glad you asked the question I’m assuming you just asked. The government needs to “invest resources” to make promises about the following:

● All Americans have access to healthful food;

● Farm policies are designed to support our public health and environmental objectives;

● Our food supply is free of toxic bacteria, chemicals and drugs;

● Production and marketing of our food are done transparently;

● The food industry pays a fair wage to those it employs;

● Food marketing sets children up for healthful lives by instilling in them a habit of eating real food;

● Animals are treated with compassion and attention to their well-being;

● The food system’s carbon footprint is reduced, and the amount of carbon sequestered on farmland is increased;

● The food system is sufficiently resilient to withstand the effects of climate change.

See? Simple! Good things are good and bad things are bad, and therefore it’s the role of government to ensure good things and abolish bad things. Everywhere, all the time, whether you like it or not.

And in case you have a problem with any of these common-sense policy items, you can just shut your teabagger trap right now:

Only those with a vested interest in the status quo would argue against creating public policies with these goals.

BOOM.

Al Gore It s Time For A National Policy On Food The Daily Caller

I'm guessing that Gore and Kleiner Perkins have figured out a way to get taxpayer money for FOOD.

So this is a blog about another blog (op/ed)....And you've got your panties twisted again why?

From the OP

All Americans have access to healthful food;

● Farm policies are designed to support our public health and environmental objectives;

● Our food supply is free of toxic bacteria, chemicals and drugs;

● Production and marketing of our food are done transparently;

● The food industry pays a fair wage to those it employs;

● Food marketing sets children up for healthful lives by instilling in them a habit of eating real food;

● Animals are treated with compassion and attention to their well-being;

● The food system’s carbon footprint is reduced, and the amount of carbon sequestered on farmland is increased;

● The food system is sufficiently resilient to withstand the effects of climate change.

EXACTLY what part of this do you knee jerkers is bad?

As noted above, if a pub had suggested this, you'd be all for it. But, coming from Al Gore, all you can say is you want garbage and you don't want it labeled accurately.

Just one more example of RWs being against their own best interests.

So you really believe the gov has your best interest at heart?
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

No, they don't. That's why you do have to vote in your own best interests and not let Monsanto and the Koch brothers decide that you will eat fillers, GMOs and pesticide-coated vegetables.

70 Percent of Ground Beef at Supermarkets Contains 8216 Pink Slime 8217 - ABC News

Eight years ago, federal officials were struggling to remove potentially deadly E. coli from hamburgers when an entrepreneurial company from South Dakota came up with a novel idea: injecting beef with ammonia.

This is old info. After the uproar in 2012 less than 5% of ground beef has pink slime in it and thats in the pre made patties.
I had heard of pink slime but never really paid that much attention to it.
After reading up on it,it appears to be perfectly safe since all it is is pieces of lean meat,but I sure dont approve of it's use without notifying the consumer.
The big users are schools and prisons.

There's no more concentrated cronyism than in the corporate world.
There's an equal amount in government. Think about it.

No, corporate cronyism can exist all within the corporate system. No government needed.
It doesnt really matter if there is cronyism in corporations. It wont affect me at all. Government cronyism however uses taxpayer dollars to hand out favors on sweetheart deals and is a violation of public trust.
You pay money, if only indirectly, to corporations whose crony connections add a huge amount of overhead to their product. You just don't seem to realize it.

Oh, you've just scratched the surface here....

Check this out:
At the Food Safety Summit, where tax dollars are probably used to fund an open bar and hotel accommodations for bureaucrats, attendees who ate the chicken got food poisoning.
Report Chicken on Menu at 2014 Food Safety Summit was Contaminated Food Safety News

"The pan-seared breast of Chicken Marsala served by the Baltimore Convention Center’s exclusive caterer was the food item most commonly consumed by the 216 attendees sickened by the lunch served last April 9 at the Food Safety Summit’s annual conference. It was likely contaminated with Clostridium perfringens (C. perfringens), a spore-forming gram-positive bacterium commonly found on raw meat and poultry."

This is old info. After the uproar in 2012 less than 5% of ground beef has pink slime in it and thats in the pre made patties.
After reading up on it,it appears to be perfectly safe since all it is is pieces of lean meat,but I sure dont approve of it's use without notifying the consumer.

The Surprising Reason ‘Pink Slime’ Meat Is Back
Aug. 26, 2014

"......By May 2012, Beef Products, Inc,, the South Dakota-based inventor of the product, was on the brink of collapse—closing three of its four plants and laying off 700 employees.

What a difference two years makes.

On Aug. 18, BPI reopened one of its shuttered plants. While production is nowhere near pre-freak-out levels, when the product BPI calls “lean finely textured beef” was estimated to be in 70% of the ground beef sold in the U.S., the company has been gradually regaining business.""""

Aug. 26, 2014

"......By May 2012, Beef Products, Inc,, the South Dakota-based inventor of the product, was on the brink of collapse—closing three of its four plants and laying off 700 employees.

On Aug. 18, BPI reopened one of its shuttered plants. While production is nowhere near pre-freak-out levels, when the product BPI calls “lean finely textured beef” was estimated to be in 70% of the ground beef sold in the U.S., the company has been gradually regaining business.""""
Because like Alar the whole thing was bullshit blown out of proportion by idiots like you.

Aug. 26, 2014

It's trying to make a comeback due to high beef prices.
But the majority of grocery stores still dont use it for fear of consumer backlash.

Bullshit.

They are cleaning the bacteria in the meat with ammonia to make it safe for consumption. It's illegal in the EU. Pink slime is in 15% of our ground beef, and that's getting ready to change now that all the commotion has died down. Who's to stop them? Are they having to label it?

Pink Slime Ground Beef Back in Stores

Last edited:

Bullshit.

Pink Slime Ground Beef Back in Stores

Didnt read your own link did you? And apparently you didnt read the post right above this one either.

Aug. 26, 2014

But the majority of grocery stores still dont use it for fear of consumer backlash.

And why the high beef prices? The main issue is drought. And why so much drought, wild fires, and weird weather in general? I dunno, lets ask the majority of scientists.

In the summer of 2012, more than 50% of the country was considered in moderate or extreme drought.

Aug. 26, 2014

And why the high beef prices? The main issue is drought. And why so much drought, wild fires, and weird weather in general? I dunno, lets ask the majority of scientists.

In the summer of 2012, more than 50% of the country was considered in moderate or extreme drought.

It's called a drought,they happen on a regular basis. Dont need a scientist to tell me that.

Forum List

Back