Prominent Muslim Sheik Issues Fatwa Against Isis Violence

I was in mosques in the USA long before anyone cared and long before the FBI was
LISTENING IN. for the record---mosques used by muslims from --muslim countries---mostly south east asia------they spoke in English because southeast Asians have ONLY English as a common language

Is the Lords Resistence Army Christian?
Of course they are. They're batshit crazy, but they're Christians.
Muhammad himself was psychotic and fanatic, but certainly a Muslim.

there are crazy people in all groups------It does not take a "crazy" muslim to grab a kid and behead it. ----it takes a HIGHLY HONORED
MUJAHAD. I have never encountered a non crazy Christian who was into beheading infidels----lately

What makes them "Christian" then? Mainstream Christians and religious leaders don't regard them as Christians.

I wish to thank you for showing us what a hard-working public relations agent you are for Islam. There has been so much in the news about how innocent people have been suffering in iraq and Syria, but you deemed it more important to blabber about people against ISIS. What is more important -- the lives of innocent people or what some Muslim clerics are saying? Regardless what they are saying, the killings will still be going on.

By the way, I was reading the other day how Muslims in Jordan were saying they were against ISIS because they were afraid to say they were for them as the government would be keeping tabs to see who was for terrorism. If I find the article again, I'll show it to you.

You don't think it's important news that people are against ISIS?

I think we can use our heads that there are Muslims again ISIS -- whether it is because they either genuinely don't like to see innocent people killed or they don't like to see Islam's reputatioin stained so now they are speaking out. However, I will reiterate -- what is more important -- the lives of people or others just speaking out against ISIS whether they are genuinely concerned or not?

I think we can "use our heads" that ISIS is committing atrocities but that doesn't stop you Sally :)

What is more important? Well that depends. I think what is important to you is not the "lives of people". If it were, you might be interested in solutions and in what's going on around the world to try and make those lives a little safer and combat ISIS, and that means more people than just the West getting involved and that also means influential Muslim figures and religious leaders speaking out against Islamic extremism and ISIS. That is what is happening and that is the only thing that is going to change the situation on the ground long term for these people you profess to care about. So is that important? I think it's very important.

Amazing!!! Just a while ago she was telling me I couldn't read the minds of people, but right now she thinks she is reading my mind as to what I think. If you were so interested in the lives of innocent people yourself, you wouldn't have waited this long to jump on this forum only with the intention of telling the readers that there are clergy against ISIS. Don't you think that rational viewews can figure you out? Meanwhile, Coyote thinks that if "all" this Muslim clergy speak out against ISIS, there will be no Muslim clergy left to incite others to join ISIS. What a dreamer she is? Evidently she doesn't think that there are clergy and other Muslims who are dreaming of this glorious Caliphate to come.

Where did you come up with such a stupid statement Sally? That's not even remotely what I said.

Really, Coyote??? It seems to me that you insinuated I was reading the minds of those who are condemning ISIS when i said that they could condemn and not really mean it. Meanwhile, it is amusing to see how you are so determined to let this thread go on and on and on while innocent people are still dying even today and no matter how many Muslims are condemning it, this doesn't mean that the killiong will stop, the same way you don't see the killing stop when we hear about Shia and Sunnis suicide and car bombing each other in the Muslim world before ISIS even reared its ugly head....

Gosh, do I wish when I was a working gal, I had all the time in the world to fool around. There was no Internet in my time, but I could have wasted time hanging around the water cooler gabbing with co-workers instead of coincentrating on my work.

You don't think it's important news that people are against ISIS?

I think we can use our heads that there are Muslims again ISIS -- whether it is because they either genuinely don't like to see innocent people killed or they don't like to see Islam's reputatioin stained so now they are speaking out. However, I will reiterate -- what is more important -- the lives of people or others just speaking out against ISIS whether they are genuinely concerned or not?

I think we can "use our heads" that ISIS is committing atrocities but that doesn't stop you Sally :)

What is more important? Well that depends. I think what is important to you is not the "lives of people". If it were, you might be interested in solutions and in what's going on around the world to try and make those lives a little safer and combat ISIS, and that means more people than just the West getting involved and that also means influential Muslim figures and religious leaders speaking out against Islamic extremism and ISIS. That is what is happening and that is the only thing that is going to change the situation on the ground long term for these people you profess to care about. So is that important? I think it's very important.

Amazing!!! Just a while ago she was telling me I couldn't read the minds of people, but right now she thinks she is reading my mind as to what I think. If you were so interested in the lives of innocent people yourself, you wouldn't have waited this long to jump on this forum only with the intention of telling the readers that there are clergy against ISIS. Don't you think that rational viewews can figure you out? Meanwhile, Coyote thinks that if "all" this Muslim clergy speak out against ISIS, there will be no Muslim clergy left to incite others to join ISIS. What a dreamer she is? Evidently she doesn't think that there are clergy and other Muslims who are dreaming of this glorious Caliphate to come.

Where did you come up with such a stupid statement Sally? That's not even remotely what I said.

Really, Coyote??? It seems to me that you insinuated I was reading the minds of those who are condemning ISIS when i said that they could condemn and not really mean it. Meanwhile, it is amusing to see how you are so determined to let this thread go on and on and on while innocent people are still dying even today and no matter how many Muslims are condemning it, this doesn't mean that the killiong will stop, the same way you don't see the killing stop when we hear about Shia and Sunnis suicide and car bombing each other in the Muslim world before ISIS even reared its ugly head....

Gosh, do I wish when I was a working gal, I had all the time in the world to fool around. There was no Internet in my time, but I could have wasted time hanging around the water cooler gabbing with co-workers instead of coincentrating on my work.

And yet...here you are :lol:

I'm retired. How about you? At least I gave my bosses my all for my paycheck.

Pathetic comeback.

And...here you are while innocent people are dying :)

What makes them "Christian" then? Mainstream Christians and religious leaders don't regard them as Christians.
People do not look to you to define their religions, nor do I.

Again, I'll repeat - I'm not defining anyone's religion. I'm quoting what religious leaders have to say. I think they would know more than either you or I on what constitutes their religion.

Pathetic comeback.

Well here you are Coyote. While people are dying, you can't even give your bosses an honest day's work.

sunni muslims do not consider Shiites to be "MUSLIMS" lots of muslim sects do not
consider SUFIS to be muslims. In the case of Shiites, and Sunnis and Sufis------you are talking about LARGE GROUPS----actual MAJOR SECTS OF ISLAM for more---or in the case of sufi----almost 1000 years. "lord's resistence army" is nothing but an aberration. ------like
MORMONS to regular Protestantism. I would not be surprised if some people considered Mormons----not Christian. I have been told that Mormons have their doubts. Lots of people do not consider JEHOVAH WITNESSES to be Christian because they do not consider a cross
a symbol of their religion. -----then there are
SCIENTOLOGISTS----who are all nuts.

I have known many many muslims from all parts of the world. and many many jews from all parts of the world. Jews is jews and muslims is muslims. Jews from Afghanistan do the same things that jews from Germany do in their synagogues ---and share lots of customs.
Muslims from Nigeria do the same things in their mosques that muslims from Pakistan do
Jews from all over the world sing the same prayers and muslims from all over the world---sing the same prayers

My impression of Christians is that they are far more DIVERSE in custom, AND THEOLOGY

Pathetic comeback.

Well here you are Coyote. While people are dying, you can't even give your bosses an honest day's work.

:lol:

You know nothing about my jobs or working hours even if you think you do. :)

Now...don't you think you need to run around doing something about innocent people dying...post a bunch more threads and wring your hands?

In the meantime - there are people who really are trying to do something - aid workers out there helping people, religious leaders trying to stem the rise in radicalism, foreign leaders getting together to push back ISIS...and....here you are telling me I should be concerned about innocent people dying ;)

People do not look to you to define their religions, nor do I.

Again, I'll repeat - I'm not defining anyone's religion. I'm quoting what religious leaders have to say. I think they would know more than either you or I on what constitutes their religion.

coyote--- I have encountered some people who know as little as do you. in fact lots. You are no more ignorant of Islam and Judaism than are most people of the USA. The difference is that you pretend to know. you don't

Belief is not defined by others. If I choose to call myself a Catholic, I would not look to the Pope for validation, much less as a Muslim with no religious hierarchy.

It's simply babble.

Pathetic comeback.

:lol:

You know nothing about my jobs or working hours even if you think you do. :)

Now...don't you think you need to run around doing something about innocent people dying...post a bunch more threads and wring your hands?

In the meantime - there are people who really are trying to do something - aid workers out there helping people, religious leaders trying to stem the rise in radicalism, foreign leaders getting together to push back ISIS...and....here you are telling me I should be concerned about innocent people dying ;)

Of course I know nothing about your job. You might be working for some Muslims for all we know and they give you all the time in the world to post. If you really cared about innocent people dying, you certainly would have been posting about all the atrocities which were happening to them and not just appear here to tell about some clergy who were against ISIS. However, if you think you are fooling everyone, go for it.

It would be interesting to hear from the apologists who have appointed themselves arbiters as to who isn't a Muslim as to who IS a Muslim.

Is the Taliban Muslim?

How about Hamas, Hizb'Allah, and Hizb Ut Tahrir? Do they get to be called Muslim?

Do the leaders of Iran get to be included in the Muslim club, and what about tha Wahabists in Saudia Arabia? Muslim or non Muslim?

Are the Muslim Brotherhood Muslim? How about the hundreds upon hundreds of MILLIONS who believe a person who leaves Islam should be put to death? Muslim or non Muslim?

How about the untold millions upon millions who have had their genitals mutilated or who have supported the mutilation? Are they in your club?

Seems to me that once a person abandons any semblance of honesty by pursuing an agenda to limit a definition in such a way to only include something palatable, they would end up leaving more Muslims outside their definition than inside.

What hubris it takes for a westerner to decide who gets to be a Muslim and who doesn't when they actual people involved are so thoroughly convinced they are Muslim that it influences their every waking thought.

I am sure there are many Muslims who are appalled at what ISIS is doing. However, if so many mosques in Denmark are not condemning what is happening, you can be sure that the same thing is happening in other mosques in Europe and elsewhere. I am curious about one thing. During the Gaza war, protests against Israel were held around the world. There was one right here in front of the Federal Building in West Los Angeles. If these people took the time to protest against Israel en masse, why aren't they taking the time to hold protests against ISIS and Al Qaeda?

Minority support extremism Only 2 out... - Christian Defence League - Holland Flanders Facebook

Interesting "source"...a facebook page. Did you dig a bit deeper?

Only 2 out of 14 Mosques (14%) in Denmark were willing to distance themselves from the Islamic State"

The facebook page quotes a "blog" of sorts that makes the claim "

“Minority support extremism? Only 2 out of 14 Mosques (14%) in Denmark were willing to distance themselves from the Islamic State,” The Muslim Issue, September 24, 2014

Read Post 32.

I was giving the source....other than facebook.

So "caring" about innocent people dying means sitting on your ass all day in front of an internet messageboard churning out article after article ?

It doesn't get any better :lol:

It would be interesting to hear from the apologists who have appointed themselves arbiters as to who isn't a Muslim as to who IS a Muslim.

Is the Taliban Muslim?

How about Hamas, Hizb'Allah, and Hizb Ut Tahrir? Do they get to be called Muslim?

Do the leaders of Iran get to be included in the Muslim club, and what about tha Wahabists in Saudia Arabia? Muslim or non Muslim?

Are the Muslim Brotherhood Muslim? How about the hundreds upon hundreds of MILLIONS who believe a person who leaves Islam should be put to death? Muslim or non Muslim?

How about the untold millions upon millions who have had their genitals mutilated or who have supported the mutilation? Are they in your club?

Seems to me that once a person abandons any semblance of honesty by pursuing an agenda to limit a definition in such a way to only include something palatable, they would end up leaving more Muslims outside their definition than inside.

What hubris it takes for a westerner to decide who gets to be a Muslim and who doesn't when they actual people involved are so thoroughly convinced they are Muslim that it influences their every waking thought.

I am sure there are many Muslims who are appalled at what ISIS is doing. However, if so many mosques in Denmark are not condemning what is happening, you can be sure that the same thing is happening in other mosques in Europe and elsewhere. I am curious about one thing. During the Gaza war, protests against Israel were held around the world. There was one right here in front of the Federal Building in West Los Angeles. If these people took the time to protest against Israel en masse, why aren't they taking the time to hold protests against ISIS and Al Qaeda?

Minority support extremism Only 2 out... - Christian Defence League - Holland Flanders Facebook

Interesting "source"...a facebook page. Did you dig a bit deeper?

Only 2 out of 14 Mosques (14%) in Denmark were willing to distance themselves from the Islamic State"

The facebook page quotes a "blog" of sorts that makes the claim "

“Minority support extremism? Only 2 out of 14 Mosques (14%) in Denmark were willing to distance themselves from the Islamic State,” The Muslim Issue, September 24, 2014

Read Post 32.

I was giving the source....other than facebook.

Ok, I misunderstood - I also located the source and I was quoting from it in my post - the study was weak.

Forum List

Back