Proof Of The Bible

20% of the Jews left Egypt and 80% assimilated into Egypt.
There was no Palestine in Canaan at the time.
The P'lish-tim lived in North West Gaza.
Your numbers don't add up. You said 3 million Jews entered into Canaan. If that were 20% of the Jewish population of Egypt, that would be 15 million. The highest estimate I've seen for the whole population of ancient Egypt is 4.5 million.

If you're going to make stuff up at least be consistent about it.

Your numbers don't add up. You said 3 million Jews entered into Canaan. If that were 20% of the Jewish population of Egypt, that would be 15 million. The highest estimate I've seen for the whole population of ancient Egypt is 4.5 million.

If you're going to make stuff up at least be consistent about it.
That’s the most popular consensus and it has been debated for centuries.
You think the Rabbis 500 years ago didn’t know advanced math?
You would be wrong.
The estimate comes from the verse that describes the Jewish women giving birth in Egypt which uses 6 adjectives.
Unlike other religions, we are encouraged to debate and point out possible fallacies.

On the other hand, during the famine, the entire Middle East spent most of their time in Egypt buying grain; do the atheists argue that?
I bet they argue everything.

The archeology says those homes were already occupied by Jews. The area is not a rich one that could just absorb an influx of new immigrants.
Of course the archeology says that;
You think the Jews moved in and didn’t change the area?
WTF is wrong with you?
My town alone has changed 90% in the last 30 years.
Come up with better arguments.

The archeology says those homes were already occupied by Jews. The area is not a rich one that could just absorb an influx of new immigrants.
I guess you missed what the Jews have done to Israel in 70 years.
You look dumber with every post.

That’s the most popular consensus and it has been debated for centuries.
You think the Rabbis 500 years ago didn’t know advanced math?
You would be wrong.
The estimate comes from the verse that describes the Jewish women giving birth in Egypt which uses 6 adjectives.
Unlike other religions, we are encouraged to debate and point out possible fallacies.

On the other hand, during the famine, the entire Middle East spent most of their time in Egypt buying grain; do the atheists argue that?
I bet they argue everything.
So which of the numbers is right and which is wrong?

I guess us atheists and Jews have something in common, we are encouraged to debate and point out possible fallacies.

So which of the numbers is right and which is wrong?

I guess us atheists and Jews have something in common, we are encouraged to debate and point out possible fallacies.
Many Rabbis argue with Rashi and contend the number is much less and the adjectives should be used for other explanations, such as how the Jews became so successful in one generation, just like in the US.

There are less than 10 million people in Israel. How easy would it be for them to absorb another 3 million?
Very easy.
In fact, Israel is hungering for it.
The amount of land laying fallow is a shame.
The issue is that the building permits are beyond state of the art.

You're welcome.

After the wind piled up the water on both sides the Israelites crossed "dry shod".

Interesting that both science and the bible uses the same term for this phenomenon.
They use the same alphabet, IT MUST BE TRUE!!!! :blowpop:

"Hebrew literature is permeated with concepts and figures derived from the didactic treatises of Egypt",[21] with Amenemope often cited as the foremost example.[1][22] Even in his first brief publication of excerpts from Amenemope in 1922, Budge noted its obvious resemblance to the biblical wisdom books.[23] He amplified these comments in his 1923 and 1924 publications, observing that the religiously based morality of Amenemope "closely resembles" the precepts of the Hebrew Bible, and adducing specific parallels between Amenemope and texts in Proverbs, Psalms, and Deuteronomy.[24] Others soon followed his lead.

As a pharaoh, Akhenaten is noted for abandoning Egypt's traditional polytheism and introducing Atenism, or worship centered around Aten. in other words, monotheism..This culture shift away from traditional religion was reversed after his death. Akhenaten's monuments were dismantled and hidden, his statues were destroyed, and his name excluded from lists of rulers compiled by later pharaohs...

Just like in the story of Moses...

"God, (Aten) breathed "the breath of life", (the ankh) into the nostrils of Adam...."

Forum List

Back