Proposed Bill Would Mandate North Dakota High School Seniors Pass Citizenship Test to Graduate

PaintMyHouse

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2014
"Here's an interesting piece of proposed legislation in the Peace Garden State: a bipartisan bill recently unveiled to the North Dakota legislature would require high school students to take and pass the same citizenship exam given to immigrants seeking naturalization in order to graduate.

North Dakota's first lady Betsy Dalrymple and state School Superintendent Kirsten Baesler unveiled a proposed bipartisan legislation on Monday that would require every high school students to get a passing grade on the civics exam to graduate.

Initiative spokesman Sam Stone says the goal is to enact similar laws in all states by 2017, when the Constitution turns 230 years old.

He says that eight states, including the Dakotas, are supporting the idea so far.

Backers say the goal is for North Dakota high school students to learn more about how American government works before they graduate.

People seeking to become naturalized U.S. citizens must correctly answer six out of 10 questions selected randomly from a possible 100. The questions are a mix of U.S. history, current events, and basic geography, and about nine out of 10 people attempting the test pass. If this proposed bill were to become law, North Dakota's high school students would have to pass a 100-question exam, although it would be up to individual schools as to how to implement this."
Proposed Bill Would Mandate North Dakota High School Seniors Pass Citizenship Test to Graduate - Christine Rousselle

Not 6 out of 10, but 90 out of 100. Bring it baby, start teaching Civics again.

"Here's an interesting piece of proposed legislation in the Peace Garden State: a bipartisan bill recently unveiled to the North Dakota legislature would require high school students to take and pass the same citizenship exam given to immigrants seeking naturalization in order to graduate.

North Dakota's first lady Betsy Dalrymple and state School Superintendent Kirsten Baesler unveiled a proposed bipartisan legislation on Monday that would require every high school students to get a passing grade on the civics exam to graduate.

Initiative spokesman Sam Stone says the goal is to enact similar laws in all states by 2017, when the Constitution turns 230 years old.

He says that eight states, including the Dakotas, are supporting the idea so far.

Backers say the goal is for North Dakota high school students to learn more about how American government works before they graduate.

People seeking to become naturalized U.S. citizens must correctly answer six out of 10 questions selected randomly from a possible 100. The questions are a mix of U.S. history, current events, and basic geography, and about nine out of 10 people attempting the test pass. If this proposed bill were to become law, North Dakota's high school students would have to pass a 100-question exam, although it would be up to individual schools as to how to implement this."
Proposed Bill Would Mandate North Dakota High School Seniors Pass Citizenship Test to Graduate - Christine Rousselle

Shit, the blind pig is on a ROLL!!!!!

First to graduate, later we work up to passing one to vote.

A great idea. My high school civics teacher would give this test on day one and anybody that achieved a perfect wouldn't not have to take the final. While the rest the class spent that period taking the final I was getting baked in the parking lot with the other classmates that got a perfect. Memories...

Didn't we do this in the '70s? :dunno:
I sure as hell remember some such test. Maybe it was on the Constitution.

The president couldn't pass that test, but then again, neither could any other third world dictator.

We had to pass a quiz a test on the Constitution in the 8th grade.

We all took it very seriously, because it was a beating if we did not pass.

The dr's son got whipped badly when he failed. The police came and whipped him.

It was a good town, very little teen crime.

We had to pass a quiz a test on the Constitution in the 8th grade.

We all took it very seriously, because it was a beating if we did not pass.

The dr's son got whipped badly when he failed. The police came and whipped him.

It was a good town, very little teen crime.
I had to teach Louisiana history to 8th grade.

The first year I finished the book with 9 fuckin' weeks to go.

Well, I trotted my ass over to the Ninth Grade Center, got a class set of Civics texts, and for the next ten years, taught Civics that last 9 weeks.

No kid that made at least a C on my Civics final ever flunked 9th grade Civics.

I was very proud of that.

once upon a time civics was a requirement for graduation, but that was long ago and oh how this country paid the price.

My guess is that blue state race baiters will be shouting about how unfair it is to minorities in a minute.

My guess is that blue state race baiters will be shouting about how unfair it is to minorities in a minute.
I would make it a requirement in order to register to vote, as well.

Like the IQ test was unfair to blacks. Nevermind that schools were integrated, so everyone was getting the same education.

Forum List

Back