Prosecutors dropping charges against Baldwin

I have mulled this over in my mind ever since he was first charged. I have admired Alec Baldwin's talent and, though I have problems with him personally, I own a number of his movies because I see talent as God given.

I dislike Baldwin's personality and I despise his politics that I have seen as mean spirited, dishonest, and unethical.

Evenso I think what happened that day was a tragic accident totally unintended on anybody's part. I do not think Baldwin intended anyone any harm or even thought about it until he pulled that trigger. I can believe he would give pretty much anything to undo the harm that resulted.

Now the decent thing would be for him to pay of any mortgage or other debts the family might have, put Halyna Hutchins' son through college, make whatever restitution he can. He probably won't but that would be the decent thing.

But I honestly can't see how the world would be safer or justice would be served by putting him in prison.
Of course he didn’t intend to harm anyone, which is why they have manslaughter charges for negligent behavior. He was the director of the film, and from what I understood, he did not take action to ensure the bullets were blanks. It’s a tragedy, certainly, but he should have been charged with something, imo.

What I’d love to see come out of this is a law that fake guns must be used in movies. I doubt that will happen.

And as far as as his paying off the family’s mortgage or putting the victim’s son through college, he will probably be forced to fork over a lot of money after a civil trial. It would be the right thing for him to pre-empt that by offering a large sum on his own - say $10 million of his $75 million net worth - but I doubt he will do that. He’s not that type of guy.

Of course he didn’t intend to harm anyone, which is why they have manslaughter charges for negligent behavior. He was the director of the film, and from what I understood, he did not take action to ensure the bullets were blanks. It’s a tragedy, certainly, but he should have been charged with something, imo.

What I’d love to see come out of this is a law that fake guns must be used in movies. I doubt that will happen.

And as far as as his paying off the family’s mortgage or putting the victim’s son through college, he will probably be forced to fork over a lot of money after a civil trial. It would be the right thing for him to pre-empt that by offering a large sum on his own - say $10 million of his $75 million net worth - but I doubt he will do that. He’s not that type of guy.
It's just that accidents happen. They certainly happen to me when I get careless or distracted or forget an important step and wind up damaging something or hurting myself. In this case it was a series of thoughtlessness that causes a tragic accident. The person who loaded the gun almost certainly accidentally with live ammo. The person who handed Baldwin the gun without checking it. And himself who should never have just casually pulled the trigger of what he believed was a benign weapon without checking that first.

A series of unintended but seriously unfortunate things that resulted in the totally unintended tragic death of a young woman.

We have people in government who have done irreparable harm to our country, our citizens, our long range prospects. Those pushing seriously harmful policies and propaganda on us and our children. People doing physical arson, vandalism, breaking and entering, terrorizing, threatenening, assaulting, even murdering with little or no fear of any retribution whatsoever. The world would be better off if ALL these people were behind bars, but it is highly unlikely to happen.

Again I just think this was a terrible tragic accident that could happen to anybody in a momentary moment of distraction or lack of judgment. I just don't see how anybody would be better off or any good would come from putting Alec Baldwin in prison.

Got it. You're all for selling guns to any stranger on the street with no background check, or even knowing the person's name, but you want to tighten restrictions on movie sets. How MAGA of you.

ROFL.gif
typical BULLSQUIRT

If he had responsibilities as a producer that he ignored, and caused the accident, he should be held responsible. As far as being the one that held the gun, there is no there there.

Leftists: Guns kill people! Except this time!

As all of us who understand anything about acting and film making maintained from the start, of course Baldwin has been alleviated of any serious charges. Establishing the safety of props is not the job of actors.

As all of us who understand anything about acting and film making maintained from the start, of course Baldwin has been alleviated of any serious charges. Establishing the safety of props is not the job of actors.
But wasn’t he the director?

But that brings up an interesting question. SOMEONE was in charge of props. Why wasn’t HE charged?

Forum List

Back