"protecting" And "serving"

Blah blah blah.

This cop will be found not guilty. They didnt "beat" anyone. Tbey took him down for trying to walk away. His frail bones from Indias shitty nnutrition is why hes hurt.

Cop will probably sue for wrongful arrest and win. Hope he does.

He's been fired and arrested, as he should be. Sounds like Madison County, Alabama has a DA that isn't completely corrupted by the Blue Mafia yet.

Alabama police fire arrest the officer who badly injured Indian grandfather during sidewalk stop AL.com

Yep. And this cop will win a million in the wrongful termination/arrest lawsuit.

DAs across America will.start arresting cops to appease losers like you.

And cops will be found not guilty...sue...settle...and rake in 30 years worth of salary in one court ruling.

So....maybe cops should so thanks to folks like you? A lot of cops are gonna get paid handsome settlements in thr aftermath of appeasement.

Blah blah blah.

This cop will be found not guilty. They didnt "beat" anyone. Tbey took him down for trying to walk away. His frail bones from Indias shitty nnutrition is why hes hurt.

While I can readily understand why forceful "take-down" is necessary in the example of physical resistance to arrest, the problem is far too many cops seem overly eager to slam an arrest subject to the ground and exert unnecessary and excessive force to effect the arrest. Anyone who regularly watches the TV "ride-along" documentary, COPS, has seen ample evidence of this.

In one example of a filmed "buy and bust" set up, a young man had purchased a small quantity of marijuana from an undercover decoy and was walking away from the corner when a uniformed cop came racing from hiding and slammed forcefully into this completely passive individual in the manner of a football tackle, knocking the fellow to the ground where four more cops, both plainclothes and uniformed, piled on top of him, twisting his arms and driving his face onto the sidewalk with a knee.

What for? For buying two ten dollar "nickel bags" of marijuana from an undercover cop -- in what should be but is not considered an example of entrapment because he asked to purchase it rather than being asked.

It is examples like this that turn people against cops.

Last edited:
Blah blah blah.

While I can readily understand why forceful "take-down" is necessary in the example of physical resistance to arrest, the problem is far to many cops seem overly eager to slam an arrest subject to the ground and exert unnecessary and excessive force to effect the arrest. Anyone who regularly watches the TV "ride-along" documentary, COPS, has seen ample evidence of this.

In one example of a filmed "buy and bust" set up, a young man had purchased a small quantity of marijuana from an undercover decoy and was walking away from the corner when a uniformed cop came racing from hiding and slammed forcefully into this completely passive individual in the manner of a football tackle, knocking the fellow to the ground where four more cops, both plainclothes and uniformed, piled on top of him, twisting his arms and driving his face onto the sidewalk with a knee.

What for? For buying two ten dollar "nickel bags" of marijuana from an undercover cop -- in what should be but is not considered an example of entrapment because he asked to purchase it rather than being asked.

It is examples like this that turn people against cops.

That turns SOME people against cops. Most Americans support cops. Even the tough ones. Because we dont want crime infesting our communities.

Cops can help or hurt you. Your choices determine which it is.

There would have been a much better chance of such an outcome prior to the advent of filmed examples of excessive force and its effect on public opinion and that of jurors. The same images used to convict the cop will serve to defeat any future appeal.

That turns SOME people against cops. Most Americans support cops. Even the tough ones. Because we dont want crime infesting our communities.

What percentage of ordinary Americans consider buying a small quantity of marijuana from a street-corner dealer in a non-residential area as a crime worthy of excessively forceful police intervention?

I, for one, regard cops who behave this way as the scumbags of law enforcement who deserve to be not only fired but prosecuted.

I am not alone in this opinion and smart cops are those who can tell which way the wind is blowing. Use whatever force is necessary to effect an arrest. When it's not necessary, don't use it.

Simple.

That turns SOME people against cops.
Yes. Decent, reasonable people, who see men in uniforms performing brutally. They don't see the faces and they don't know the names. They see uniforms. Which is why the "good" cops need to be more critical of the "bad" ones.

Most Americans support cops. Even the tough ones.
Because we dont want crime infesting our communities.
"Tough," yes. Stupidly sadistic, no. And there is a difference.

The problem resides with cops who hurt unnecessarily. And it isn't rocket science to know how much force is necessary. That is something which any cop should be aware of and be able to determine.

If you are not a stupidly sadistic cop you should understand that those who are stupidly sadistic and excessively forceful in their actions affect you negatively.

Blah blah blah.

And if he walks, I truly hope someone shoots the fucker dead!

Blah blah blah.

And if he walks, I truly hope someone shoots the fucker dead!

Wow...hoping for dead cops. We've seen this before from you left wingers.

The USA is getting expert at torture, without it blatantly looking like torture. If they do this across the nation, you will have a huge force, ready for anything, and able to pass that experience on to as many as necessary.

Hospitals and police have been restraining many people often for long periods of time, even with pepper spraying them, and now it will become much more common.

One man screams, "And what country is this?! What country is this?!"
and later says, "We all are American citizens and you guys got me strapped to a table like I'm in Guantanamo ****** Bay."

Where does it cross the line?

This is from Gillette, WY, and starts at 2:30 where the DUI suspect yells, "I'm not a fucking Taliban member. I'm not a fucking Iraqi. I'm not a fucking terrorist" and "Yea, I'm a terrorist... Osama Bin Laden."

They have a good start and some of the right people to learn from.

This Won t End Well Military Police From the Torturous Gitmo Prison Being Recruited as Cops The Free Thought Project

It was recently reported that large numbers of military police officers who were formerly stationed at the infamous torture prisons, are now getting jobs as local cops, and could be coming to a town near you. The Worcester Police department in Massachusetts is testing a pilot program, in which former Guantanamo prison guards will be given jobs as police.

Forcible blood draws are typically reserved for DUIs where the drunk driver has hit and killed or seriously hurt someone. In THOSE cases....fuck yes strap them down and get the blood for evidence of alcohol intoxication. You drive drunk and hurt someone...I dont care about how they get the evidence.

Forcible blood draws are typically reserved for DUIs where the drunk driver has hit and killed or seriously hurt someone. In THOSE cases....fuck yes strap them down and get the blood for evidence of alcohol intoxication. You drive drunk and hurt someone...I dont care about how they get the evidence.
In the kind of situation you've described, reasonable suspicion of DUI, I fully agree with you that force may be used to obtain evidence. The problem arises when some cop decides to ignore the reasonable suspicion requirement and flex his official muscle when it isn't called for. Before long the requirement becomes irrelevant and force becomes discretionary depending on the mood and disposition of individual cops.

One little step at a time in the wrong direction and eventually there is a groundswell of public protest against police brutality -- which affects the cops who do the job according to the rules as well as those who make their own rules and use the job to satisfy their personal perversions.

Blah blah blah.

What are you guys gonna do about it? Posting rants on USMB isnt doing shit. And most Americans dont care.

How about YOU all go become cops? "BE THE CHANGE" you want to see.

Nah. Didnt think so. And I dont have an opinion on the last 3 links...because I didnt bother watching them. If they broke the law...the system will work 99% of the time.

Taz, you say you don't trust your local police department. I trust my local police department and pretty much every other LEO in this country a thousand times more than I trust all but a small handful of people whom I personally know. Hell, I trust them more than a majority of my family members.

Then again, I go out of my way to avoid interacting with officers any more than is absolutely necessary. I don't give them a reason to stop me. I don't live in or even visit neighborhoods where there is significant criminal activity. I am prepared to defend myself and my home rather than calling a cop to protect me.

Maybe if more people would FOLLOW THE LAWS, this wouldn't be so much of an issue.

You break no less that 10 laws every day. With the millions of laws on the books, it is impossible not to break laws. This is by design.

“There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.”

Ayn Rand

How about YOU all go become cops? "BE THE CHANGE" you want to see..

:lol: I have too much dignity and self respect to be a lapdog for the state. I also have enough self confidence that I don't need to go out and bully people to feel good about myself.

Forum List

Back