"protecting" And "serving"

Look at these heroes beating up a defenseless woman for absolutely no reason at all.

Mother was repeatedly punched in the face by police officers

Ah I see word is already out...

>> According to the complaint, which was filed on Friday, Cindy Hahn and her children were leaving a friend's birthday party on July 31, 2013 when they came across a car with its alarm going off. Hahn reportedly asked the officer why the police weren't doing anything as the car alarm sounded. The officer allegedly yelled at her, telling her to "mind your f**king business." Hahn then called a nonemergency police hotline to report the exchange, the report says.

When Hahn was driving home, she realized that the officer was following her before he pulled her over on an alleged seatbelt violation, according to the complaint. The officer allegedly had Hahn get out of the car, and he started beating her up while her children, ages 7 and 11, watched from the back seat. "While she was being beaten and pummeled, Ms. Hahn was crying out for help," the complaint says.

The video of Hahn's arrest was shot by an "out-of-state bystander who was appalled," said Hahn's attorney, Mark Geragos. Hahn and her attorneys contend that the officer pulled her over and beat her in retaliation for calling the police hotline. << -- HuffPo

The visual:

can't see anything prior to what is on video, it's all hear say. I want to know what her blood alcohol level was and drug screen.

Look at these heroes beating up a defenseless woman for absolutely no reason at all.

>> According to the complaint, which was filed on Friday, Cindy Hahn and her children were leaving a friend's birthday party on July 31, 2013 when they came across a car with its alarm going off. Hahn reportedly asked the officer why the police weren't doing anything as the car alarm sounded. The officer allegedly yelled at her, telling her to "mind your f**king business." Hahn then called a nonemergency police hotline to report the exchange, the report says.

When Hahn was driving home, she realized that the officer was following her before he pulled her over on an alleged seatbelt violation, according to the complaint. The officer allegedly had Hahn get out of the car, and he started beating her up while her children, ages 7 and 11, watched from the back seat. "While she was being beaten and pummeled, Ms. Hahn was crying out for help," the complaint says.

The video of Hahn's arrest was shot by an "out-of-state bystander who was appalled," said Hahn's attorney, Mark Geragos. Hahn and her attorneys contend that the officer pulled her over and beat her in retaliation for calling the police hotline. << -- HuffPo

The visual:

can't see anything prior to what is on video, it's all hear say. I want to know what her blood alcohol level was and drug screen.

Doesn't even matter. You don't pin a woman down and punch her in the face with her kids looking on because her alcohol content was over or under "X", nor was she charged with anything like that.

That's just a stupid point attempting to excuse authoritarian thuggery.

The visual:

Doesn't even matter. You don't pin a woman down and punch her in the face with her kids looking on because her alcohol content was over or under "X", nor was she charged with anything like that.

sure it matters. I have no idea what the lady did. They may be completely justified. She was obviously resisting and she paid for that. that's on her. No one else. I didn't see any kids, did you?

Well....the ONLY fair thing to do is to view this video...which begins with her resisting arrest....and assume everything she accuses the cops of prior to the video is true, accurate and probably even worse than she described it.

Oh Lord......our society has become a complete shit show. On behalf of all of us....I apologize for what we've done to your creation.
There are times when resisting arrest, while not technically justifiable, is perfectly understandable and acceptable to the reasoning mind.
Having viewed the video for the third time, what I see is two male cops restraining a hysterical woman on the ground while a third cop busies himself blocking a witness.

Regardless of any other circumstances, if two male cops are not capable of restraining a female without punching her in the face and kneeing her in the abdomen they don't belong on the job. What seems obvious to me is these guys seem to think it's okay for them to do what they're doing -- and that is a big problem.

It is understandable to me how bystanders can often be an intrusive annoyance to police officers but there is a right way and a wrong way to warn such bystanders off. Telling a woman to mind your own fucking business is clearly wrong -- and that's where the wrongfulness of this entire incident began.

If the cop had not resorted to that offensively unprofessional behavior Hahn would have no reason to report him.

If what happened next is as reported, he retaliated by stopping her for a (supposed) traffic offense, then this cop is little more than a thug who deserves a prison sentence. He is a disgrace to his uniform.

The visual:

sure it matters. I have no idea what the lady did. They may be completely justified. She was obviously
resisting and she paid for that. that's on her. No one else. I didn't see any kids, did you?

"Resisting" meaning "stopping the swing of fists with her face"?

Fuck this authoritarian sycophancy. What if that's your mother?

The kids are still in the car, watching all this in horror (and learning much about what "cops" are). If they come out where you can see them, does that somehow make it not-OK for two large grown adult males to have a woman pinned down punching her in the face? Does that change something on your planet?

Well....the ONLY fair thing to do is to view this video...which begins with her resisting arrest....and assume everything she accuses the cops of prior to the video is true, accurate and probably even worse than she described it.

Oh Lord......our society has become a complete shit show. On behalf of all of us....I apologize for what we've done to your creation.
There are times when resisting arrest, while not technically justifiable, is perfectly understandable and acceptable to the reasoning mind.
Having viewed the video for the third time, what I see is two male cops restraining a hysterical woman on the ground while a third cop busies himself blocking a witness.

Regardless of any other circumstances, if two male cops are not capable of restraining a female without punching her in the face and kneeing her in the abdomen they don't belong on the job. What seems obvious to me is these guys seem to think it's okay for them to do what they're doing -- and that is a big problem.

It is understandable to me how bystanders can often be an intrusive annoyance to police officers but there is a right way and a wrong way to warn such bystanders off. Telling a woman to mind your own fucking business is clearly wrong -- and that's where the wrongfulness of this entire incident began.

If the cop had not resorted to that offensively unprofessional behavior Hahn would have no reason to report him.

If what happened next is as reported, he retaliated by stopping her for a (supposed) traffic offense, then this cop is little more than a thug who deserves a prison sentence. He is a disgrace to his uniform.

Fully agree.

It's weird, I used to live there in Carlsbad. It was a while ago but it's totally not the kind of place I would have expected this kind of juvenile shit to go down. It's an indication of how far this Warrior Mentality where police see themselves as a paramilitary force fighting against the people has permeated the subculture. And how sycophants like JC here stand on the side cheering them on against their own fellow citizens.

"Small" government conservatives have a love affair with authoritarian thuggery. They can't get enough of it.

"Small" government conservatives have a love affair with authoritarian thuggery. They can't get enough of it.
so you'd just let someone take an airline down if you had an opportunity to take someone down threatening the plane. Yep, I agree with physical authority when it is called for. You betcha bubba!!!!

so you'd just let someone take an airline down if you had an opportunity to take someone down threatening the plane. Yep, I agree with physical authority when it is called for. You betcha bubba!!!!

Which has absolutely nothing to do with this topic, so I have no clue what it is you're ranting about

Which has absolutely nothing to do with this topic, so I have no clue what it is you're ranting about
someone mentioned thuggery. I was giving an example of when thuggery is warranted. you should read the quotes with the post.

there was absolutely no reason to punch her in the face.
I have no clue to that. like i said, it might have been warranted. You weren't there.
I saw the video. There was no reason to punch her in the face.

The cops need to be brought up on charges just like normal people would be.
funny, yep it's on video so you now know it all.
I know they had no reason to punch her in the face.

Forum List

Back