Protesters Carrying Rifle Outside Obama Rally

Haha,

When I first read your post, I was thinking, President Obama staged the Redneck (or Redneck wannabe's) with guns outside to make the Right look like fanatics.

I must say, wouldn't that get my goat!

Here I have unbelievably been speaking out against right wingers using left wing tactics to intimidate others only to find out that it was actually left wingers trying to make conservatives look bad... again!

Man! That would just frigging PISS ME OFF!!

Immie
Immie, no offense, but I've been told "redneck" is a racist term.

Whoever told you that the term "redneck" was racist, did not know what they were talking about.

I saw Otter Creek, whom I really don't know accuse me of being a racist in another thread for using "Redneck" and worse yet a leftie. I ignored the comment realizing that she doesn't know anything at all about me.

Edit: or I should say I assumed she was speaking about me, because about 5 or 6 posts above her comment, was a post where I had used the term.

Here are the two posts, just imagine me a left winger and a racists! ROFLMAO!!!

The point is pinhead, you're in no position to tell anyone when or where to exercise their rights. Rednecks? That negro with the AR-15 didn't look like a redneck to me. How many times have you been shot by a "redneck" before you were asked any questions?

I'm not trying to silence you, nor have I given an opinion to that effect. You on the other hand have opined about where an American citizen should or should not exercise their right to bear arms. So if anyone has the opinion to dictate constitutional rights it is you. Wise up!

The way I see it, pinhead, is that I have every right to state how I feel about right wing rednecks who are attempting to silence their opponents at a political rally by the use of intimidation. Just as I have the right to speak out against the Black Panthers in PA or the attacks in Waco by Janet Reno or the Healthcare Reform bill that President Obama is trying to force down our throats.

What I don't have the right to do, pinhead, is demand that those same rednecks give up their weapons. That is something I have not done once nor would I. Maybe you should try reading for a change.

Immie

I hate left wing racists. Why do they always have to use the "R" word to describe law abiding citizens?

Immie

Last edited:
i think it was sarcasm used in responding to other racist accusations when that was done

Ok. I don't pick up on sarcasm on a message board too well. lol
I wasn't being sarcastic. There was a rather long thread on the subject here a while back.

The next time you read ignorant drivel like that, you can either ignore it, or take the time to educate the person on what the actual definition is.

If that poster actually told you that, they are ignorant of the meaning of racist. Being offended by truth does not equate to racist, as so many are oft to yell on message boards.

Next thing ya know, the GOP is going to have Pain in the Ass Palin go to the next one with a 30.06.

Wonder if they're going to have her wear a bikini?

Wearing weapons is how the LEFT intimidates alleged "opponents". Reference gun-toting Acorn goons at voting booths during election.

You can't have it both ways. What disqualified the "goons" from the right to bear arms.

First of all, I didn't say the goons couldn't be there.

Second, wearing weapons to VOTING stations, and hanging out for the express purpose of intimidating voters, is one hell of a lot different than packing at town hall meetings, which are by nature a venue for protest.

And elections are not? :lol:

How do you know what their intent was? What did they say or do to the people entering the polling places? What law(s) did they break?

So it's okay to intimidate voters when they are actually voting..something which is expressly forbidden by law...but it's not okay to protest at town hall meetings, a venue specifically for people to air their concerns and opinions?

Typical fascist attitude.

Particularly since the show of arms was in no way intimidating to the ppl who attended.

This sort of behavior is how tyranny is executed. Intimidate ppl into voting against their conscience...and eliminate all protesters from the venues where they might get the opportunity to voice dissent.

First of all, I didn't say the goons couldn't be there.

Second, wearing weapons to VOTING stations, and hanging out for the express purpose of intimidating voters, is one hell of a lot different than packing at town hall meetings, which are by nature a venue for protest.

And elections are not? :lol:

How do you know what their intent was? What did they say or do to the people entering the polling places? What law(s) did they break?

So it's okay to intimidate voters when they are actually voting..something which is expressly forbidden by law...but it's not okay to protest at town hall meetings, a venue specifically for people to air their concerns and opinions?

Typical fascist attitude.
Please find my post that says it's ok to intimidate voters. Thanks :)

Immie, no offense, but I've been told "redneck" is a racist term.

Yeah? Well, I'm a redneck so I can use it, just like black people can use the N Word.

Immie

My pa is a redneck ... and a Democrat ... :razz:

Please send me his name and number. We'll have to work on him to make him independent. These parties are killing America. It is time to give them an attitude adjustment and the only way to do that peacefully is not to vote for either party.

Immie

Particularly since the show of arms was in no way intimidating to the ppl who attended.

How do you know that?

How do YOU know it was? I have seen not one story from ANYONE claiming they were intimidated. NOT ONE. The films of the event do not show anyone that appear to be intimidated, nor of people leaving the arae or cringing back from the armed people.

And again just for you, the Secret Service decides where their jurisdiction is. Those people were no threat to the President or anyone else and were LEGALLY allowed to be there and be armed. Arizona is a open carry State. People carry weapons anywhere they want except into Federal Government buildings. The public in Arizona is quite used to seeing armed people all over the place and they do not cringe in terror at the sight nor feel intimidated when the guy at Mc Donalds has a weapon.

You nor any of your buddies have made a single post that even hints at ANY intimidation at all. Yet you keep claiming it is true. You made the claim prove it. One does not prove a negative, it is YOUR responsibility to prove your claim.

How do you know that?

How do YOU know it was? I have seen not one story from ANYONE claiming they were intimidated. NOT ONE. The films of the event do not show anyone that appear to be intimidated, nor of people leaving the arae or cringing back from the armed people.

And again just for you, the Secret Service decides where their jurisdiction is. Those people were no threat to the President or anyone else and were LEGALLY allowed to be there and be armed. Arizona is a open carry State. People carry weapons anywhere they want except into Federal Government buildings. The public in Arizona is quite used to seeing armed people all over the place and they do not cringe in terror at the sight nor feel intimidated when the guy at Mc Donalds has a weapon.

You nor any of your buddies have made a single post that even hints at ANY intimidation at all. Yet you keep claiming it is true. You made the claim prove it. One does not prove a negative, it is YOUR responsibility to prove your claim.

"Just by his presence and people seeing the rifle and people knowing the president was in town, it sparked a lot of emotions," Oliver said. "We were keeping peace on both ends."

"When you start to bring guns to political rallies, it does layer on another level of concern and significance," Solop said. "It actually becomes quite scary for many people. It creates a chilling effect in the ability of our society to carry on honest communication."
He said he's never heard of someone bringing an assault weapon near a presidential event. "The larger the gun, the more menacing the situation," he said.
-- Taken out of the article cited in the OP

I'm sorry... what were you saying again?

He said people who bring guns to presidential events are distracting the Secret Service and law enforcement from protecting the president. "The more guns we see at more events like this, there's more potential for something tragic happening," he said.

All pretty intelligent and convincing arguments against stupid-ass rednecks that would do that shit. Yeah, stupid-ass rednecks. During Bush's term government was infiltrating peace group meetings and peaceful anti-war groups, but the fuckface rednecks are allowed to walk around with assault rifles around Obama. All I have to say is what the fuck?!?

08-17-2009-blackman-rifle.jpg

Racist, Gun nut, Rightwing, Cracker ass Crackers!...

OOPS!...

:)

peace...

OOPS!...

peace...

Are you trying to imply that a black-american or a person dressed in slacks and a button-up shirt can't be a redneck? Oooh ... you can't be more wrong. Stupid fucks come in all colors and even in Armani suits whether you like it or not ... Stupidity doesn't discriminate, my friend.

Last edited:

OOPS!...

peace...

Are you trying to imply that a black-american or a person dressed in slacks and a button-up shirt can't be a redneck? Oooh ... you can't be more wrong. Stupid fucks come in all colors and even in Armani suits whether you like it or not ...

How long have you been this Racist?...

peace...

How do you know that?

"When you start to bring guns to political rallies, it does layer on another level of concern and significance," Solop said. "It actually becomes quite scary for many people. It creates a chilling effect in the ability of our society to carry on honest communication."
He said he's never heard of someone bringing an assault weapon near a presidential event. "The larger the gun, the more menacing the situation," he said.

He said people who bring guns to presidential events are distracting the Secret Service and law enforcement from protecting the president. "The more guns we see at more events like this, there's more potential for something tragic happening," he said.

All pretty intelligent and convincing arguments against stupid-ass rednecks that would do that shit. Yeah, stupid-ass rednecks. During Bush's term government was infiltrating peace group meetings and peaceful anti-war groups, but the fuckface rednecks are allowed to walk around with assault rifles around Obama. All I have to say is what the fuck?!?

This sort of behavior is how tyranny is executed. Intimidate ppl into voting against their conscience...and eliminate all protesters from the venues where they might get the opportunity to voice dissent.

Why in Heavens Name did these people need to wear loaded guns IN ORDER TO PROTEST what they are upset about IF IT WERE NOT TO INTIMIDATE those people around them or the President?

It says IN THE ARTICLE that the people around them WERE intimidated, why are you saying FALSELY that they were not?

Care

Why in Heavens Name did these people need to wear loaded guns IN ORDER TO PROTEST what they are upset about IF IT WERE NOT TO INTIMIDATE those people around them or the President?

It says IN THE ARTICLE that the people around them WERE intimidated, why are you saying FALSELY that they were not?

Care

Allie et al. can't be bothered with such subtleties as facts... you know that.

OOPS!...

peace...

Are you trying to imply that a black-american or a person dressed in slacks and a button-up shirt can't be a redneck? Oooh ... you can't be more wrong. Stupid fucks come in all colors and even in Armani suits whether you like it or not ... Stupidity doesn't discriminate, my friend.

Are you're a prime example!

Forum List

Back