Protesters Carrying Rifle Outside Obama Rally

My husband and I are both concealed carry permit holders. ( hubby insisted I get mine)

Hubby is a gun collector . Fanatic collector actually. Just has to have at least one of each he likes.

Point being that doesn't matter . I have already written every congress person , senator and the president to urge congress to pass legislation to make it illegal to have a gun anywhere near a elected representative most especially the president.

There is a time and place for everything. And the place for weapons is nowhere around a congress person , senator or our President.

Perhaps they should pass something like the no drugs within a mile of schools law except it should be no guns within a mile of elected representatives.

Just out of curiosity, how far away do you think people should be required to stay away from elected officials when carrying a weapon? What if they are armed and an official steps around the corner in front of them? Edit: also, FYI, the gun toters in this situation were actually not even near the President.

I started this thread and I have a problem with people at this event being armed because I still believe they were there in order to intimidate others, but I don't think I like your idea and I do not own a gun.

Immie

I can respect the fact the law could cause some unintended problems Immie.

However we have to make a reasonable and logical decision about which would cause the greater harm.

Obviously having firearms around schools , universities , hospitals , subway stations, the president and other elected officials is something we would want to prohibit because the chance a loony does great damage is too great.

So not being a law maker , nor the smartest person in the world. I can only offer suggestions.

At most of these town halls or presidential events road blocks are set up to keep people from driving car bombs into the area. Since 911 that precaution is taken anyway.

So makes sense to me we could easily prohibit firearms within that same area.

You know.........before the GOP went stark raving nuts, the issue of to bring or not to bring a weapon to a town hall meeting or where the President was at wasn't even there.

Most Americans wouldn't have thought of doing such a thing 2 years ago. Now? It's almost like they're trying to start the American Revolution part II.

You know.........before the GOP went stark raving nuts, the issue of to bring or not to bring a weapon to a town hall meeting or where the President was at wasn't even there.

Most Americans wouldn't have thought of doing such a thing 2 years ago. Now? It's almost like they're trying to start the American Revolution part II.

I think we established a couple of pages back that this was some Ron Paul people out for a publicity stunt. While I know that Ron Paul is technically a Republican, saying his adherents are is like saying Ross Perot's adherents were all GOP. It's the same bag of nuts.

Yes, it was intimidation, and I wouldn't want any of those idiots in AZ to show up armed at any more town meetings.

You do realize that the guy doing the interviews with other people who brought guns (the dude with the mike who had a pistol on his hip), has ties to a militia organization called "Viper".

When Viper was busted, and 7 people went to jail for conspiracy to blow up several government buildings, they found many things there..........fertilizer, weapons, training tapes showing the group blowing stuff up.......

He defended them publicly and stated that they had a right to have those weapons.

Incidentally, Timothy McVeigh (you know.......the guy that blew up the Murrah building), only lived 100 miles away from their training camp. He also used their tactics.

The douchebag that organized the event? He also said that Timothy McVeigh should have been let free.

Yeah........like I want people with ties like that running around with loaded weapons around elected officials.

Like I said.........if the GOP and their spokespersons keep it up, eventually someone is going to discharge a weapon at one of them. Remember Cho and all the other crazies that like to shoot up places? If another event is done like that, it would be great cover for them to carry out a mass shooting.

No. No guns at town hall meetings.

Except they aren't GOP nuts. They are Ron Paul nuts. Not the same thing, just ask them.

By the way, the organizer had exactly the same ties to the militias as Barrack Obama did to domestic terrorists. Just sayin'. So, I'd be careful where you sling that brush and how broadly you want to paint with it.

Yes, it was intimidation, and I wouldn't want any of those idiots in AZ to show up armed at any more town meetings.

You do realize that the guy doing the interviews with other people who brought guns (the dude with the mike who had a pistol on his hip), has ties to a militia organization called "Viper".

When Viper was busted, and 7 people went to jail for conspiracy to blow up several government buildings, they found many things there..........fertilizer, weapons, training tapes showing the group blowing stuff up.......

He defended them publicly and stated that they had a right to have those weapons.

Incidentally, Timothy McVeigh (you know.......the guy that blew up the Murrah building), only lived 100 miles away from their training camp. He also used their tactics.

The douchebag that organized the event? He also said that Timothy McVeigh should have been let free.

Yeah........like I want people with ties like that running around with loaded weapons around elected officials.

Like I said.........if the GOP and their spokespersons keep it up, eventually someone is going to discharge a weapon at one of them. Remember Cho and all the other crazies that like to shoot up places? If another event is done like that, it would be great cover for them to carry out a mass shooting.

Except they aren't GOP nuts. They are Ron Paul nuts. Not the same thing, just ask them.

By the way, the organizer had exactly the same ties to the militias as Barrack Obama did to domestic terrorists. Just sayin'. So, I'd be careful where you sling that brush and how broadly you want to paint with it.
Obama isn't on record championing the cause of domestic terrorists.

Obama isn't on record championing the cause of domestic terrorists.

Are you sure? I can't come up with a positive statement that he made about his friend's activities in the 1970s? Hmmmm....I might have to take you up on that challenge.

It's on the main coming from pundits at Fox news and the Rush Limbaugh sorts.
They have been pretty vocal in their scare tactics.

Stuff like Obama has set up concentration camps for Americans.
That the tree of liberty may need to be watered by tyrants blood.

The right wing loons lap that stuff up and trust me many of them are sitting in their homes waiting for the next civil war or the race war they have always believed was coming to start.

They are dangerous.

It would take the right spark to ignite this and we'd have some of these nutty right wingers take pot shots at people off clock towers.

Yeah.......but they are egged on by the likes of Limp Idiot and Blech.

Theory. Most of those types don't like Rush. I'm no sure who Blech is a reference to.

Blech = Beck.

Most of those people don't like Limp Idiot? Then please explain to me why the RNC chairman is afraid of him, and most people in the GOP consider Limp Idiot to be their spokesperson?

Your concept of reality is twisted. What planet do you spend most of your time on?

It's on the main coming from pundits at Fox news and the Rush Limbaugh sorts.
They have been pretty vocal in their scare tactics.

Stuff like Obama has set up concentration camps for Americans.
That the tree of liberty may need to be watered by tyrants blood.

The right wing loons lap that stuff up and trust me many of them are sitting in their homes waiting for the next civil war or the race war they have always believed was coming to start.

They are dangerous.

It would take the right spark to ignite this and we'd have some of these nutty right wingers take pot shots at people off clock towers.

I believe what you are talking about is this quote:

God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty.... And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

From that right wing loon, Thomas Jefferson :eusa_whistle:

My husband and I are both concealed carry permit holders. ( hubby insisted I get mine)

Hubby is a gun collector . Fanatic collector actually. Just has to have at least one of each he likes.

Point being that doesn't matter . I have already written every congress person , senator and the president to urge congress to pass legislation to make it illegal to have a gun anywhere near a elected representative most especially the president.

There is a time and place for everything. And the place for weapons is nowhere around a congress person , senator or our President.

Perhaps they should pass something like the no drugs within a mile of schools law except it should be no guns within a mile of elected representatives.

Just out of curiosity, how far away do you think people should be required to stay away from elected officials when carrying a weapon? What if they are armed and an official steps around the corner in front of them? Edit: also, FYI, the gun toters in this situation were actually not even near the President.

I started this thread and I have a problem with people at this event being armed because I still believe they were there in order to intimidate others, but I don't think I like your idea and I do not own a gun.

Immie

I can respect the fact the law could cause some unintended problems Immie.

However we have to make a reasonable and logical decision about which would cause the greater harm.

Obviously having firearms around schools , universities , hospitals , subway stations, the president and other elected officials is something we would want to prohibit because the chance a loony does great damage is too great.

So not being a law maker , nor the smartest person in the world. I can only offer suggestions.

At most of these town halls or presidential events road blocks are set up to keep people from driving car bombs into the area. Since 911 that precaution is taken anyway.

So makes sense to me we could easily prohibit firearms within that same area.

Yeah, it makes perfect sense to have everyone but 'the loonies' unarmed in public places. I wonder how the people who were killed at the Viginia Tech massacre had wished that just one person there had been armed and able to kill that idiot before he murdered more people. They always pick places that they know people are unarmed, did you ever notice that? I wonder if there hadn't been a law against carrying a weapon on campus if more lives could have been saved.

Last edited:
You know Tech, you're an idiot.

People COULDN'T continually be well informed back then. Today it can be done, but you've got to stay off of such media outlets like FAUX News.

Today, you've got the 'net, cable, newspapers as well as other media to get information, only now, you've got to sort through it yourself.

What color is the sky on your planet?

Yeah.......but they are egged on by the likes of Limp Idiot and Blech.

Theory. Most of those types don't like Rush. I'm no sure who Blech is a reference to.

Blech = Beck.

Most of those people don't like Limp Idiot? Then please explain to me why the RNC chairman is afraid of him, and most people in the GOP consider Limp Idiot to be their spokesperson?

Your concept of reality is twisted. What planet do you spend most of your time on?

Not the same planet as the Lyndon Larouche Democrat (self-described) that Barney Frank asked that question of yesterday.

One more time, real slow. The people we are talking about with the guns and stuff.....Ron Paul people. Put the pipe down and repeat after me.....Ron Paul nuts. Not GOP. Ron Paul. Those people (Ron Paul people) don't generally like Rush.

GOP people, generally do like Rush (on some level). Two differ....hey put the damned pipe down, I saw you reaching for it.....ent groups of people.

I know what planet you're on, I don't need to ask. Stoner

Listen fucktard, Limp Idiot, Blech and Billo the Clown have ALL been calling for a revolution. Shit, on FAUX and Fiends, I've heard some of their anchors say it was okay to taser someone from Code Pink JUST FOR BEING THERE.

Either get a glass belly button installed or pull your head out of your ass.

You know Tech, you're an idiot.

People COULDN'T continually be well informed back then. Today it can be done, but you've got to stay off of such media outlets like FAUX News.

Today, you've got the 'net, cable, newspapers as well as other media to get information, only now, you've got to sort through it yourself.

What color is the sky on your planet?

On Planet District of Columbia, the skies are blue today. Can you see through the smoky cloud around your head to get a glimpse at the sky on your planet?

What makes you think people were less able to be inform then or that that was even the point of what Jefferson was saying? He was saying you you get fat, dumb and lazy and don't give a shit if left to your own natural devices. A revolution makes you sit up and take notice of what the fuck is actually going on.

Never mind. I'm wasting my time. Return to your stupor.

Listen fucktard, Limp Idiot, Blech and Billo the Clown have ALL been calling for a revolution. Shit, on FAUX and Fiends, I've heard some of their anchors say it was okay to taser someone from Code Pink JUST FOR BEING THERE.

Link please.

Well......considering that Benjamin Franklin had to invent the Postal Service and newspapers, I'd kinda think it was a given that information was hard to come by.

Planet DC. Figures..........the place where all blowhards go to blow.

Link please.

Listen idiot.......just watch that crap sometime. Remember just a little while when Blech said that Obama was a racist? FAUX News denounced his statement and distanced themselves.

Still don't understand why that fucker wasn't fired.

Forum List

Back