Protesters Carrying Rifle Outside Obama Rally

No, from a safety standpoint, I don't think it's a good idea. I've seen enough accidental discharges in the Army of all kinds of weapons to think that it's fairly hazardous.

Do you not think there could have been others present who were aware of the same hazards, and therefore kept their distance, thus NOT being in a place where they had planned to be?

Now we're getting into minutia. I can't see video from where I am. But my understanding is that the armed folks were all outside the event or at the rear of the event. If that is true, then, I guess, but it's not like they were in some prime location.

I can tell you that I would not have been near them. Not because I would have been intimidated, but for the same reason when you see a truck driving down the road and the load it's carrying doesn't look secure enough, you kind of keep clear. I'm not intimidated, just safety conscious.
What would have been intimidating to people with the guys in PA? Concern for safety? If not, then what?

If those weapons kept people (in PA and AZ) away from where they planned to be, that's a form of intimidation. They certainly wouldn't have been confident they were safe.

The black panther with the club was told by the police to leave. The guys with the guns were allowed to stay.

Why?

I have no idea. Both were intimidating.
there is a fundamental difference there ravi, i know you are not functional enough to understand that
but one site was a rally the other was a VOTING place
I understand the difference but it really doesn't matter. Intimidation is intimidation.

I don't think there is enough sympathy out there to go along with these quasi-militia types...not too many Americans are going to agree that politicians and/or people that support health care reform should be shot. The elderly, the military, government workers, retired military, retired government workers...all have government subsidized health care and I never hear them complaining about it.

Do you not think there could have been others present who were aware of the same hazards, and therefore kept their distance, thus NOT being in a place where they had planned to be?

Now we're getting into minutia. I can't see video from where I am. But my understanding is that the armed folks were all outside the event or at the rear of the event. If that is true, then, I guess, but it's not like they were in some prime location.

I can tell you that I would not have been near them. Not because I would have been intimidated, but for the same reason when you see a truck driving down the road and the load it's carrying doesn't look secure enough, you kind of keep clear. I'm not intimidated, just safety conscious.
What would have been intimidating to people with the guys in PA? Concern for safety? If not, then what?

If those weapons kept people (in PA and AZ) away from where they planned to be, that's a form of intimidation. They certainly wouldn't have been confident they were safe.

In PA, it would have been that the guys were acting like they might hit you if you did the wrong thing. If the people in AZ were acting that way, then you are right. If not, then there is a difference and you're not right.

You know.........remember when those 2 protesters were wearing homemade t-shirts that said Bush with a circle and a line through it, and on the back it said "No Bush"?

They were not admitted to the rally.

But now, the GOP thinks it's okay to bring loaded weapons to them.

Personally? I think guns are more dangerous than t-shirts, but then again, I've actually handled weapons.

The black panther with the club was told by the police to leave. The guys with the guns were allowed to stay.

Why?

I have no idea. Both were intimidating.
there is a fundamental difference there ravi, i know you are not functional enough to understand that
I understand the difference but it really doesn't matter. Intimidation is intimidation.

I don't think there is enough sympathy out there to go along with these quasi-militia types...not too many Americans are going to agree that politicians and/or people that support health care reform should be shot. The elderly, the military, government workers, retired military, retired government workers...all have government subsidized health care and I never hear them complaining about it.

Are these militia types? I hadn't heard that.

I think you're making a mistake when you narrow the focus to just one issue. I don't think people on the right are looking at this on an issue by issue basis. They are looking at Cap and Tax, Health care, bail outs, Czars and the litany goes on....of issues all happening at the same time.

They are looking at the expansion of government, the expansion of debt at a rate that would make Bush blush and calling bull shit.

Obviously stupidity not guns kill far rightwingers. Bunch of nutjobs.

Yeah.....not like you.

Tech_Esq will realize what he wrote eventually.:razz:

It's called sarcasm Jake. You said, "bunch of nutjobs"

When I said, "Yeah....not like you." That would be a sarcastic remark implying that you too are a nutjob.

I would have written, Jake will realize what he wrote eventually, but I realized that you wouldn't.

Oh please.

"Black Panther"

You don't think that was highlighted like hell to scare the crap outta of people and make for a more sensational story?

Show me news reports where they described them as merely "two men standing in front of a polling place" and you'll have a point.

They weren't out there as "Joe private citizen" they were representing their organization. They were in the "uniform" of the black militant. Shabazz is the head of the New Black Panther Party. You think it would be accurate reporting to omit that fact?

I think they could have run the film without commentary and had that effect.

And what ties do these guys in AZ have? We know from teh google that the interviewer sympathizes with a militia group that was convicted for plotting to blow up federal buildings... that wasn't mentioned in the CNN report or in the news articles. I didn't see much about connections (or an attempt to find any connections) of those carrying weapons in AZ and any groups or factions.

But " OMG!!! Black Panthers!!!" was in every other sentence. Fox reporter even asked the guy why he was dressed that way. Is it illegal?

I haven't seen anything that links the AZ protesters to militia groups, except Ravi's post. If you have something on that, I'd be glad to look at it.

I think you're making a mistake when you narrow the focus to just one issue. I don't think people on the right are looking at this on an issue by issue basis. They are looking at Cap and Tax, Health care, bail outs, Czars and the litany goes on....of issues all happening at the same time.

They are looking at the expansion of government, the expansion of debt at a rate that would make Bush blush and calling bull shit.
The spokesman for the guy with the semi is connected to the Viper Militia...a nineties militia group that stockpiled weapons, fertilizer (ala T. McVeigh) and practiced blowing things up on film.

Funny they weren't upset about unneeded wars, bail outs or any wasteful spending under Bush. It's as if they hibernate when Republicans are in office...which makes me think their agenda isn't quite kosher.

The spokesman for the guy with the semi is connected to the Viper Militia...a nineties militia group that stockpiled weapons, fertilizer (ala T. McVeigh) and practiced blowing things up on film.

Funny they weren't upset about unneeded wars, bail outs or any wasteful spending under Bush. It's as if they hibernate when Republicans are in office...which makes me think their agenda isn't quite kosher.

Wait, I though there were 12 guys with firearms. Now there is one guy with a semi-auto and spokesman? And, the spokesman, but not the guy, has a tie to some crazy militia group?

This is starting to get a little convoluted for me. Do you have a link or something I could look at to get all of this straight?

Wait, I though there were 12 guys with firearms. Now there is one guy with a semi-auto and spokesman? And, the spokesman, but not the guy, has a tie to some crazy militia group?

This is starting to get a little convoluted for me. Do you have a link or something I could look at to get all of this straight?
I'll look in a bit...but it shouldn't be tough to find, I think it was on the news.

This one guy has a tie to the militia, through his spokesperson. The others I've no idea...but reading the comments on this thread it seems logical to assume that those that talk about taking out the government will need a militia of some sort to accomplish their goal.

Yeah.....not like you.

Tech_Esq will realize what he wrote eventually.:razz:

It's called sarcasm Jake. You said, "bunch of nutjobs"

When I said, "Yeah....not like you." That would be a sarcastic remark implying that you too are a nutjob.

I would have written, Jake will realize what he wrote eventually, but I realized that you wouldn't.

Took him awhile, but he eventually realized that he screwed up. Then tries to throw his silliness on me. Tsk Tsk. Maybe we can name him tsk_esq, tsk_esq!

In PA, it would have been that the guys were acting like they might hit you if you did the wrong thing. If the people in AZ were acting that way, then you are right. If not, then there is a difference and you're not right.
But you said you'd be concerned for your safety just because they were there. Those in PA would have been concerned for their safety.

They weren't out there as "Joe private citizen" they were representing their organization. They were in the "uniform" of the black militant. Shabazz is the head of the New Black Panther Party. You think it would be accurate reporting to omit that fact?

I think they could have run the film without commentary and had that effect.

And what ties do these guys in AZ have? We know from teh google that the interviewer sympathizes with a militia group that was convicted for plotting to blow up federal buildings... that wasn't mentioned in the CNN report or in the news articles. I didn't see much about connections (or an attempt to find any connections) of those carrying weapons in AZ and any groups or factions.

But " OMG!!! Black Panthers!!!" was in every other sentence. Fox reporter even asked the guy why he was dressed that way. Is it illegal?

I haven't seen anything that links the AZ protesters to militia groups, except Ravi's post. If you have something on that, I'd be glad to look at it.

Well, that was kind of my point. The only one I've seen so far was the guy who interviewed "chris" and that wasn't even reported in the news, not even by CNN who interviewed him. No one has attempted to find out if there were any other affiliations.

I'll look in a bit...but it shouldn't be tough to find, I think it was on the news.

This one guy has a tie to the militia, through his spokesperson. The others I've no idea...but reading the comments on this thread it seems logical to assume that those that talk about taking out the government will need a militia of some sort to accomplish their goal.
Ok. That's weird I just posted a reply and it didn't show up.

Agents Seize Arsenal of Rifles and Bomb-Making Material in ArizonaMilitia Inquiry - The New York Times

That's one. It isn't the one I saw yesterday, so I'll hunt around some more later.

My bad, it wasn't actually on the "news" but here are the links. First one about the guy Chris who had the semi and another about his spokesperson.

Obama protester's rifle part of 'publicity stunt'

Activist Who Staged Gun Interview At Obama Event Was Prominent Defender Of '90s Militia | TPMMuckraker
the second link is a partisan moonbat site so i really dont give a rats ass what they say

the first one only says they planned to bring the guns to the event, and to that i say "hello, McFly" so what else is new

Last edited:
My bad, it wasn't actually on the "news" but here are the links. First one about the guy Chris who had the semi and another about his spokesperson.

Activist Who Staged Gun Interview At Obama Event Was Prominent Defender Of '90s Militia | TPMMuckraker

Thanks. This is from one of your links:

Hancock told CNN's Rick Sanchez on Tuesday that the gun display was planned well in advance. Hancock met with a Phoenix police officer last week, informing him that he and others in his group planned to bring firearms.

When Sanchez suggested many people would see it as a "publicity stunt," Hancock responded: "Absolutely."

It sounds like there is far less here than meets the eye.

Bunch of Ron Paul types that are out to make publicity. And, here I thought this was tinged with some danger. There's nothing less dangerous than Ron Paul types with or without weapons.....:lol:

btw, the event was planned by the Obama administration, does that make the event less meaningful?

Well if what the second link says is true.....and that's a BIG IF considering the source, then he's a 9/11 truther and must be a big wacky. Oh sorry, I already said he was a Ron Paul supporter.

Welp, I never claimed them, just said I was surprised that they were out this soon. Now I'm a little less surprised. But, seriously, there is now really nothing to see here. We just wasted 38 pages on jack shit.

Forum List

Back