Protesters in Wisconsin cause $7.5 million in damage to State House

I don't particularly like their lifestyle, especially the drugs and free love. And I don't like what some of them are saying about our government. However, if I know my American history, tens of thousands of Americans in uniform gave their lives in war after war just so those kids would have the freedom to do exactly what they are doing. That's what this Country is all about and I am not going to let you throw them out of our Town just because you don't like their dress or their hair or the way they live or what they believe. This is America and they are going to have their festival. ”
—Max Yasgur addressing a Bethel town board prior to the festival.

But above that, the important thing that you've proven to the world is that a half a million kids — and I call you kids because I have children that are older than you are — a half million young people can get together and have three days of fun and music and have nothing but fun and music, and I God Bless You for it! ”
—addressing the crowd at Woodstock on August 17, 1969, from the film, Woodstock

Wow! Check out the Regret!!!!
No regrets?

Yeah, that's why two years later he refused a revival concert. Wonder why that might be?

No regrets?

Yeah, go tell that to his neighbors who suffered significant damage to their properties, because of a bunch of disrespectful, dirty lil' bastards.

Max Yasgur | Ask.com Encyclopedia

You didn't say his neighbors...you said Max Yasgur

From your link: Many of his neighbors turned against him after the festival, and he was no longer welcome at the town general store, but he never regretted his decision to allow the concert on his farm

Max was very supportive of the concert and didn't regret it. We wouldn't be talking about him today otherwise

Woodstock was the prime cultural event of the generation

Last edited:
cowards ban together to protest because they don't want to be help accountable. That is why they form union so they don't have to face the boss and talk about what they think the problem is.

Got anythiing to say about the OP, or do you just feel like making a generic, stupid anti-union rant?

In an amusing footnote to the Wisconsin protests, a Walker administration official is now backing away from another official's dire warning that millions and millions of dollars in damage had been done to the Capitol over weeks of protests. Furthermore, it appears that no professional estimate has actually been done.

On Thursday, as part of the litigation over the state's attempts to restrict public access to the Capitol, the Department of Administration's legal counsel claimed that repairing the damage done to the building -- mainly from adhesive tape used to affix posters to the marble walls -- would add up to $7.5 million. However, it was not clear how these estimates were made.

Red faced?

yeah, notice he left this part out

"I think that's more of a worst-case scenario," said Jeff Plale, the former Democratic state senator who is now the state facilities administrator. "There are other estimates."
funny how that is

So?

Yeah,,,,
sure...

Painting protestors in a negaitve light is a brand new concept to politicians.

I saw that 7.5 million and I simply said to myself....sure......another politician trying to make those that disagree with him look evil.

Sort of what Pelosi Did with the tea partyers.

Which was?

Which was?

Sort of what just about every democrativ politician did with the tea partyers

Which was?

What "spineless congressman" ? What "protestor" ? Details, please.

Ahhhhhh. I see...this is a tit for tat issue.......oooookaaay.

Oh, what is I do nearly everyday with the tea partiers, jarhead? Please be specific

Is that what you call 'making stuff up'?

Oh my yes....I certainly do....I'm not a weakling making stuff up and hiding from my own words.

I am not ready to give the folks on my side a free pass like you are.

I will criticize all of them for the childish games they play.

Yo....little BODECEA child....
Here was the context it was siad......
See above you lazy lying little child.

I am looking forward to you showing what I do "NEARLY EVERYDAY with the tea partyers [sic].....then we'll see who the "lazy lying little child REALLY is....won't we? :eusa_whistle:

You spinless little twerp.
How dare you take a post of mine to someone else...cut it up..and imply it was written to you.

You are a pathetic individual.

Now I know what they were talking about.

So long asshole......

In an amusing footnote to the Wisconsin protests, a Walker administration official is now backing away from another official's dire warning that millions and millions of dollars in damage had been done to the Capitol over weeks of protests. Furthermore, it appears that no professional estimate has actually been done.

On Thursday, as part of the litigation over the state's attempts to restrict public access to the Capitol, the Department of Administration's legal counsel claimed that repairing the damage done to the building -- mainly from adhesive tape used to affix posters to the marble walls -- would add up to $7.5 million. However, it was not clear how these estimates were made.

Red faced?

Stand up for what is right.

Or are you too weak a man to do it?

Wow! Check out the Regret!!!!
No regrets?

Yeah, that's why two years later he refused a revival concert. Wonder why that might be?

No regrets?

Yeah, go tell that to his neighbors who suffered significant damage to their properties, because of a bunch of disrespectful, dirty lil' bastards.

From your link: Many of his neighbors turned against him after the festival, and he was no longer welcome at the town general store, but he never regretted his decision to allow the concert on his farm

Max was very supportive of the concert and didn't regret it. We wouldn't be talking about him today otherwise

Woodstock was a drugged up fuck-fest for 60's slackers... it was about as cultural as a floating turd.

No regrets?

No regrets?

Woodstock was a drugged up fuck-fest for 60's slackers... it was about as cultural as a floating turd.
Envy...

it makes a difference
clearly you dont care to present the truth

Uh, no, since it shows how the OP is totally full lof shit - especially in regard to the outrageous $7.5 M figure - it really doesn't make a difference.
suit yourself
i see it as dishonest to leave it out that the guy that RUNS the dept is a democrat and he says it was a "WORST CASE SCENARIO"
i'll take him at his word

No regrets?

No regrets?

Jimi Hendrix........nuff said

Jimi Hendrix........nuff said

Sha Na Na was so bizarre, they rocked!

Red faced?

He'll yes..

These morons are so bent on making the protestors look like thugs that they will pass any lie

Tape marks = $7.5 mil?????

He'll yes..

These morons are so bent on making the protestors look like thugs that they will pass any lie

still ignoring the fact that it was a "worst case estimate"
Fact is, they caused damage.

Libs don't give a fuck. They have no respect.......Just look at what they did to Max Yasgur's farm, and the properties of his neighbors.

He'll yes..

Libs don't give a fuck. They have no respect.......Just look at what they did to Max Yasgur's farm, and the properties of his neighbors.

Now that's information we didn't have before....The Teachers and other Public Union members at the WI capital were ALL at Woodstock back in 1970....

Talk about interesting trivia.....:eusa_whistle:

Protesters to Governor Walker:

Stand back! We have Duct Tape and are prepared to use it!

duct-tape-man.jpg

$7.5 mil worth?

He'll yes..

Did they have tape at Woodstock?

Forum List

Back