Protests: Fifty Shades as Glamorizing Domestic Violence

You aren't married. Stop lying. Nobody would want to marry an ugly bitter old man like yourself.

The Communistwealth of Massachusetts would tend to disagree with you; as would my and my in-law's bank accounts (wedding was last July), thank you very much.

What are you doing here on a sex thread. Whacking off? Lol. Get lost.

It's not a sex thread. It's a thread about Domestic Violence, which is very often an misinterpretation of totally appropriate Domestic Discipline. The fact that some of you want to babble on about sex related to this topic is your own problem.

How so? Explain. I am saying that a person who enjoys being hurt during the act of sex or not, is not a very healthy individual and should probably be avoided. The person who enjoys and gets off on inflicting such pain on another is REALLY messed up. That is just messed up, no matter how you try to explain it. It is what it is, messed up and not very healthy.

I know what you are saying but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter.

If your starting point is this biased then your starting point is flawed. You have no idea what you are talking about and that is pretty sad.

Hi Disir and ChrisL
I get where you are both coming from.
If people AGREE with fully aware and informed consent, and AGREE to do those things,
then yes, it's just like people AGREE to compromise their beliefs in court or by majority rule and go with the outcome.
If people AGREE to that.

What ChrisL and I are saying
is some people do NOT agree and there are TWO kinds
1. people like Chris and I who are AWARE we don't agree to abuse, etc.
2. people who DON'T realize or "not sure" like the ANA in the story who went along with it
but had to admit it isn't right for her. But the damage was already done.
3. people who THINK that's what they want, but the reason they are into abuse
is they are repeating an unconscious unnatural pattern of abuse (ie not really healthy
though they THINK that is natural for them and they are consenting)

These people do not agree by their TRUE selves, but what if they don't know what that is yet?
Then they are PRONE to abuse, and that is what is happening both personally in relations
and politically with people who don't know what they really want. they get rooked, bullied, abused.

So if these people don't know yes from no,
it is up to others NOT to take advantage of them.

So Disir that's why it's so important, especially if you believe in crossing those bounds,
that YOU can tell the difference between someone who is consenting in full,
and someone who really isn't but SAYS they are.

If you can't tell the difference, that is DANGEROUS and leads to abuse by negligence or by selfishness.

In the story, Christian goes ahead with what HE wants, though he SAYS he doesn't want to push past
what is approved, he does it ANYWAY. So this is NOT consensual.

One side is sure and the other isn't.

Now WinterBorn and you both pointed out the contract wasn't signed.
So that is a GOOD point.

But I'm telling you, SO many people sign contracts then find out after they didn't have the same expectations.

So this happens too often.

There needs to be better awareness and sensitivity to what is TRUE consensus.
or in cases of abuse, or chosen abuse, it is TOO risky. The damages are already done.

If it is just a minimal contract, like for trying out an online service,
and if you change your mind and cancel there is no harm done, that's one thing.

But something like having sex, or having extreme practices that
can possibly leave longstanding trauma or damage, that isn't something LIGHT.

Disir I don't mind if it's people like Goddess_Ashtara who seems to have a good
sense of people's boundaries even when they don't.

but especially if people DON'T have that sense, it is too dangerous to assume
that just because someone agreed, appeared to agree, or signed an agreement
then that's absolute.

some people don't know their boundaries, and I don't see the people like
"Christian" taking that responsibility, but taking advantage for onesided selfish interest.

That is not mutual, and yes it is still abusing the relationship
even if the person THOUGHT it was mutual. If I THOUGHT
I could lend someone 100 dollars and it wouldn't ruin teh friendship
but it did, then even though we both agreed to the loan it still ruined and abused the relationship
and was "out of bounds" of what we could handle unconditionally.

Thanks!

You aren't married. Stop lying. Nobody would want to marry an ugly bitter old man like yourself.

The Communistwealth of Massachusetts would tend to disagree with you; as would my and my in-law's bank accounts (wedding was last July), thank you very much.

What are you doing here on a sex thread. Whacking off? Lol. Get lost.

It's not a sex thread. It's a thread about Domestic Violence, which is very often an misinterpretation of totally appropriate Domestic Discipline. The fact that some of you want to babble on about sex related to this topic is your own problem.

No woman in her right mind would marry a disgusting abusive old man like yourself. :lol:

And what of the woman's pleasure? You must be an incredibly lame lay.​

The woman exists to Serve and to Please; not to be Served or Pleased.

My wife hasn't complained yet, for whatever that's worth.

So, you are satisfied with a wife who "doesn't complain?" Odd, I kind of enjoy knowing my wife gets as much pleasure from me as i get from her.

Fifty Shades of Grey premiere marred by protesters - Celebrity Buzz

Finally! I wasn't surprised by Christians protesting the film premiere as promoting unhealthy relations.

But these protestors hit home, protesting the "glamorization" of domestic violence
(while others claim the character wasn't coerced
but consented to the S&M as sexual exploration).

I was beginning to worry that most people were either hyping this up or brushing it off.
Glad to see some sign of intelligent response I can at least RELATE to.

============

The London premiere of raunchy movie Fifty Shades of Grey was marred by protest groups campaigning against domestic violence on Thursday night.

Members of the Fifty Shades is Domestic Violence campaign group descended on Leicester Square in the British capital armed with placards, balloons, T-shirts and a large banner to protest against the film’s portrayal of a kinky relationship while the stars Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan walked the grey carpet.

Other individuals held up placards to condemn the film for allegedly glamorising domestic violence, with one sign reading, “#BlueAboutGrey – because some Ana’s don’t survive their Christian’s (sic).”

Director Sam Taylor-Johnson addressed the calls of domestic violence to U.K. TV show Good Morning Britain, saying, “We took a very definite approach towards empowering Anastasia and she goes on a sexual exploration, but it’s one she goes on willingly and she consents throughout.”

Stars including Aaron Taylor-Johnson, author E.L. James, former Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts and singer Jamelia also attended the premiere.

I'm pretty sure that BDSM isn't "domestic abuse."

I mean.... I haven't read the book, obviously. However, I was under the definite impression that everything in it was pretty clearly "consensual."
It was also pure fiction and poorly written fiction at that.

Yes, I agree these people are outliers. I think most people want sex to feel good, not painful. :D

For a woman, the point of sex should be pleasing her HUSBAND and creating a new life. For a Man the point of sex should be enjoying the act with His WIFE and creating a new life. Anything beyond that is unnecessary and extraneous.

Discipline should not be part of the bedroom. It's too important an act to be brought down to that level.

Anathema: If you have sex set up to be THIS onesided and compartmentalized,
looks like you already brought discipline into the bedroom and imposed set rules.

I'm not knocking that, if it works for you and your wife. Some women feel more balanced and secure with a one-sided domineering man who takes charge. and to offset you, maybe you need a woman open enough to that
to balance your one-sided nature.

The flipside is if you don't learn to check and balance on your own, they this lopsided mindset you have
may not work so well with people who CLASH with it. My father had such strong personality traits, it took my
mother to offset them. But when they got into conflicts and separation, he didn't have that to check himself and he lost it.

Your other half should well be the treble to go with your bass clef.
But you still should be able to play solo and stand on your own, without depending on someone to cover your faults.

So do I. I'm discussing the topic and expressing my opinion on people who enjoy abuse in one form or another. That is what this forum is for, correct? I never said it should be illegal. I said people who participate in this are fucked up, and it is not sex, nor is it normal to want to be abused or to want to inflict abuse on another human being. That is fucked up, no matter what you say.

I understand that. My point is that you are calling them fucked up, but if you went into a thread about gay marriage and called them fucked up , you would be crucified.

When I said that a person who thinks its okay to walk around naked in front of their children is fucked up , you went nuts

They ARE fucked up. They are. :D If you GET OFF on hurting other people, you are fucked up. Just to be clear, I use "you" in the general sense, not you personally. I always want to make that clear because some people will think I am referring to their person when I am not.
Have you ever bounced your strong opinions on this matter w/ anyone else. :doubt: I doubt it because if you did, you might be surprised at the answers you got :whip:@ChrisL :eusa_drool: You are mislabelling certain practices as "abuse" to suit your preconceived agenda. End of story!!!

As I said before:

Not at all. Why don't you take a shot at my stabbing example. IF someone approaches you with a knife and says, I really get off on being stabbed in the hand, would you stab my hand? What kind of a person is going to agree to that? Answer, a messed up person who enjoys hurting others.

Knife play is a kink. It doesn't encompass actual stabbing. It's agreed upon before hand---no pun intended. You aren't going to find too many people, if at all, that would agree to that. You're missing that whole consent thingy. Further, there are those people that consider a crucifixion to be hawt (whatever). They don't actually crucify them---hence, high theater.

The person that would be doing the stabbing would be considered a pretty hard core sadist.

It actually goes beyond that.

I keep hearing people say that the slave can't give consent.....Yet not one of you people against this have even considered the fact that the Master also has to give consent.

I had a someone who wanted to...be....with Me.....she wanted Me to pierce her on both sides of her spine, place 12 gauge hooks in her, and then suspend her by the piercings while she was pleasured.

Did she know what she was consenting to?

you're damn straight she did.

However, that was NOT My thing and I did not consent to do this....She moved onto someone else....

Consent is NOT an issue in the BDSM community....Those who argue that people who give consent don't know what they are doing actually don't know what they are talking about.

I understand that. My point is that you are calling them fucked up, but if you went into a thread about gay marriage and called them fucked up , you would be crucified.

When I said that a person who thinks its okay to walk around naked in front of their children is fucked up , you went nuts

They ARE fucked up. They are. :D If you GET OFF on hurting other people, you are fucked up. Just to be clear, I use "you" in the general sense, not you personally. I always want to make that clear because some people will think I am referring to their person when I am not.
Have you ever bounced your strong opinions on this matter w/ anyone else. :doubt: I doubt it because if you did, you might be surprised at the answers you got :whip:@ChrisL :eusa_drool: You are mislabelling certain practices as "abuse" to suit your preconceived agenda. End of story!!!

As I said before:

Not at all. Why don't you take a shot at my stabbing example. IF someone approaches you with a knife and says, I really get off on being stabbed in the hand, would you stab my hand? What kind of a person is going to agree to that? Answer, a messed up person who enjoys hurting others.

Knife play is a kink. It doesn't encompass actual stabbing. It's agreed upon before hand---no pun intended. You aren't going to find too many people, if at all, that would agree to that. You're missing that whole consent thingy. Further, there are those people that consider a crucifixion to be hawt (whatever). They don't actually crucify them---hence, high theater.

The person that would be doing the stabbing would be considered a pretty hard core sadist.

I keep hearing people say that the slave can't give consent.....Yet not one of you people against this have even considered the fact that the Master also has to give consent.

I had a someone who wanted to...be....with Me.....she wanted Me to pierce her on both sides of her spine, place 12 gauge hooks in her, adn the suspend her by the piercings while she was pleasured.

However, that was NOT My thing and I did not consent to do this....She moved onto someone else....

Consent is NOT an issue in the BDSM community....Those who argue that people who give consent don't know what they are doing actually don't know what they are talking about.

Consent by a fucking Dom was already brought up.

How so? Explain. I am saying that a person who enjoys being hurt during the act of sex or not, is not a very healthy individual and should probably be avoided. The person who enjoys and gets off on inflicting such pain on another is REALLY messed up. That is just messed up, no matter how you try to explain it. It is what it is, messed up and not very healthy.

If your starting point is this biased then your starting point is flawed. You have no idea what you are talking about and that is pretty sad.

Hi Disir and ChrisL
If people AGREE with fully aware and informed consent, and AGREE to do those things,
then yes, it's just like people AGREE to compromise their beliefs in court or by majority rule and go with the outcome.
If people AGREE to that.

2. people who DON'T realize or "not sure" like the ANA in the story who went along with it
is they are repeating an unconscious unnatural pattern of abuse (ie not really healthy

These people do not agree by their TRUE selves, but what if they don't know what that is yet?
Then they are PRONE to abuse, and that is what is happening both personally in relations
and politically with people who don't know what they really want. they get rooked, bullied, abused.

So Disir that's why it's so important, especially if you believe in crossing those bounds,

If you can't tell the difference, that is DANGEROUS and leads to abuse by negligence or by selfishness.

In the story, Christian goes ahead with what HE wants, though he SAYS he doesn't want to push past

So that is a GOOD point.

But I'm telling you, SO many people sign contracts then find out after they didn't have the same expectations.

or in cases of abuse, or chosen abuse, it is TOO risky. The damages are already done.

then that's absolute.

"Christian" taking that responsibility, but taking advantage for onesided selfish interest.

but it did, then even though we both agreed to the loan it still ruined and abused the relationship

Thanks!

Hi Disir and ChrisL
If people AGREE to that.

So that is a GOOD point.

then that's absolute.

Thanks!

Who in the hell do you think you are making that type of decision for anyone else?

You do realize that Christian and Ana get married and have children. Right?

You didn't know that?

Of course not.

It's a cheezy story written for vanilla people that like to nibble but don't bite. It's similar to the 150 romance books kicked out an hour.

What I heard you say is that you wanted to go fix them because your starting point is that there is something wrong with them. Hence, another one of your spiritual healing posts. Chris said the same thing.

Neither one of you seem to be aware that there is an entire BDSM network or dismiss it because it doesn't gel with your stances.

You guys want to rush right out there and save a shit load of people that don't need your saving for a dimwitted movie. I find this fantastic given that the message that is being sent is that people aren't capable of independent thought.

Even if the movie does suck, your process here indicates the same thought process behind book banning.

Last edited:

As I said before:

I had a someone who wanted to...be....with Me.....she wanted Me to pierce her on both sides of her spine, place 12 gauge hooks in her, adn the suspend her by the piercings while she was pleasured.

Well, I haven't been back in the thread until just now and I missed it then....Does not make My point any less true...and I wasn't aiming My ire at you but at the ignorant people who seem to think they even begin to understand the lifestyle.

As I said before:

I had a someone who wanted to...be....with Me.....she wanted Me to pierce her on both sides of her spine, place 12 gauge hooks in her, and then suspend her by the piercings while she was pleasured.

Yikes, , I would have passed as well.

As I said before:

Yikes, , I would have passed as well.

Actually, it might have been pretty exciting and hot...

However, I don't have that kind of expertise or training....if she started thrashing about and tore loose of the piercings...I don't have the medical training to deal with that.

As I said before:

Well, I haven't been back in the thread until just now and I missed it then....Does not make My point any less true...and I wasn't aiming My ire at you but at the ignorant people who seem to think they even begin to understand the lifestyle.

I understand. I'm irritated as well. Your point is very true.

At the moment in time that I kicked out the post on knife play or edge play there was no way (that I could find) to describe edgeplay or that you don't actually go through with it but right to the edge so that it is believed to be happening but isn't. I kept it short and sweet.

At the moment in time that I kicked out the post on knife play or edge play there was no way (that I could find) to describe edgeplay or that you don't actually go through with it but right to the edge so that it is believed to be happening but isn't. I kept it short and sweet.
Ah...I've never been in an edge session....didn't know if they made small nicks as the peak of orgasm or not....Some things require a lot of training and communication between the parties.

Ah...I've never been in an edge session....didn't know if they made small nicks as the peak of orgasm or not....Some things require a lot of training and communication between the parties.

All of it requires communication and many things do require training. The brain is the biggest sex organ. I think that this is the part that people keep missing.

I have heard women say that they wouldn't even tell their husbands if they had any fantasies that were even remotely close to bdsm. The question is, then why in the hell did you bother to go through the drama of getting married?

This accounts for why these books become hot topics.

No woman in her right mind would marry a disgusting abusive old man like yourself. :lol:

Apparently I found the exception to your rule and the Communistwealth seems to feel she's sane enough to consent to a marriage.

So, you are satisfied with a wife who "doesn't complain?" Odd, I kind of enjoy knowing my wife gets as much pleasure from me as i get from her.

Sex is an incredibly minor part of a relationship so far as I'm concerned. I have zero interest in children and we're both a bit older to begin with (mid 30's and 40 respectively) so it's not the focus of our marriage.

Hi Darkwind YES I did apply consent to BOTH people in the relationship
and NO I'm not opposed to this, I just AGREE it has to be by consent as you said.

so I AGREE with you!

However, you can't magically speak for ALL people involved in this.

In any group there are people who don't fully know as well as you do what your limits are.
That happens in ANY group of ANY people.

We are human. And we don't stop being human just because we join with a group of likeminded people.
At least you have a better chance of not overstepping bounds when you do a check for that.

Nobody is perfect, so no group of people is going to be perfect. BDSM is no exception.

Apparently I found the exception to your rule and the Communistwealth seems to feel she's sane enough to consent to a marriage.

Look buddy, obviously I am a whole HELL of lot more intelligent than you, being a woman and all. :D No woman with a brain would be with an abusive douche like you.

Forum List

Back