Psalm 8:5 (or Psalm 8:6 – Hebrew Bible) question

Ancient lion

Thank your creator
Nov 22, 2010
This question for christian:
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.​

Look at different translations here:
Psalm 8:5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.

We’re at a crossroads here. The text is rendered significantly differently in various translations:

Godhead
God
Heavenly Beings
Divine
Angels
Yourself

This leads me to ask, which one is the true one :confused:

The translations arent very different and have the same essential meaning.

For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.​

Psalm 8:5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.

We’re at a crossroads here. The text is rendered significantly differently in various translations:

Godhead
God
Heavenly Beings
Divine
Angels
Yourself

The version of the Hebrew Bible says in the holy book of Tehillim (Pslams):

וַתְּחַסְּרֵהוּ מְּעַט, מֵאֱלֹהִים; וְכָבוֹד וְהָדָר תְּעַטְּרֵהוּ

Lit: V'techrasehu meat, me'Elohim ; V'kavod vehadar te'atrehu

Elohim= God. Not angels, or heavenly beings, or anything. HaShem (God) himself.

:D

Godhead
God
Heavenly Beings
Divine
Angels
Yourself

Bravo! :clap2:

Godhead
God
Heavenly Beings
Divine
Angels
Yourself

I always use the King James Version as that is the original but I can also advise you to use the concordance for a good bible study and of course if you have any Jewish friends you can ask for the Hebrew translation which is going to be a huge help. ( see Lipush reply for example )

On the matter of Psalm 8. It is a most fascinating Psalm, you know. It is what I refer to as the Dominion Psalm because it states literally what the Sons of God have dominion over. To this very day. Problem is I don't see very many Christians in the West able to operate in dominion authority because their faith level isn't there.

Faith is something that expands with use and so when your faith is challenged you should recognize this as an opportunity to go to the next level. You have to know how to use your faith to tap into dominion power which is why christians should know this particular Psalm inside and out. On the continent of Africa, Heidi Baker operates in dominion power on a daily basis ( Mozambique ) and in other places I have recognized them operating in it ( China ) but wondered if they ( chinese christians ) realised what they were operating in.

Godhead
God
Heavenly Beings
Divine
Angels
Yourself

Bravo! :clap2:

Why thank you, kind sir:tongue:

Godhead
God
Heavenly Beings
Divine
Angels
Yourself

Angels

Forum List

Back