Psych exams for gun purchases

Again, there is no 100% perfection when it comes to humans. No one is looking for perfection. Just trying to save lives.

This "Kill my kids but don't take my guns" attitude is just stupid.

I'll ask you again: On what basis would you have denied Ramos the right to purchase a firearm?

You've mentioned his age and "past crimes", neither of which is valid. The law says a person must be 18. Ramos was. If you don't like that, change the law. But you can't deny someone a Constitutional right because you don't like the law. Then you mentioned his past crimes, although it's not even clear that he had a juvenile record.

So, given that those two reasons you gave are wholly invalid, on what basis do you deny him his Constitutional right?

Unless one can actually read minds, psychological evaluations are meaningless.

At best, psych evaluations can suggest TRAITS and TENDENCIES, but no testing can predict definite, specific future actions, that is why many of the most gruesome serial murders are often described as "model citizens" by people that knew them before the crime.

At best, psych evaluations can suggest TRAITS and TENDENCIES, but no testing can predict definite, specific future actions, that is why many of the most gruesome serial murders are often described as "model citizens" by people that knew them before the crime.
Imagine a "character test" be applied before you can purchase a firearm.

You must get 10 people to certify your good character before you can purchase a firearm.

Those ten people would sign with the knowledge if you ever committed a crime with said firearm they would be held criminally and civilly liable.

How do you think that would end?

Preconditions are by design going to infringe on the rights of otherwise law abiding Americans, it's inevitable.

I always admit being human and never claim perfection.
Well that does it. You can never be accepted as a democrat now.

The only way to never make a mistake is to never try.
A profound truth. Worse, never trying itself would count as making a mistake! Just don't ever hold your breath waiting for a leftie to admit that they were ever wrong about -- -- ANYTHING.

So... what would be a constitutional way to resolve this? There's enforcing all the 20,000 laws we already passed on the matter, or hope law 20,001 will do the trick.

Me personally, I would mandate a certain amount of time, say 100 hours, in gun safety classes with an exam at the end.

So... what would be a constitutional way to resolve this?

There ARE no overnight solutions. DC cannot wave a magic wand and make gun crime just "go away." The only REAL solution is somehow for everyone to admit that progressivism doesn't work and to gradually revert our society back to its formerly morally-driven, ethical state as it still was 40+ years ago and become less of an industrial culture and move back in part to an agrarian one.

Ironic that our culture's real downward slide began right around the same time as the Clintons were in the White House getting his dick sucked while Hillary priced out what she could steal and resell.

I'm sure it is all just a coincidence. :smoke:

My profuse appologies. I was off getting sloshed and hammered with Nancy. :smoke:
Just don't get sloshed enough to actually hammer Nancy!
Huge Smiley.jpg

There ARE no overnight solutions. DC cannot wave a magic wand and make gun crime just "go away." The only REAL solution is somehow for everyone to admit that progressivism doesn't work and to gradually revert our society back to its formerly morally-driven, ethical state as it still was 40+ years ago and become less of an industrial culture and move back in part to an agrarian one.

Ironic that our culture's real downward slide began right around the same time as the Clintons were in the White House getting his dick sucked while Hillary priced out what she could steal and resell.

I'm sure it is all just a coincidence. :smoke:
Can't argue with that mate.

You're incapable of having a rational thought or discussion.

Boy, that's certainly the pot calling the kettle black.

When I asked you the basis on which you would deny Ramos the right to buy a gun, you gave me two ivalid answers. The first answer had to do with his age. Well, you can't deny someone that Constitutional right because it's perfectly lawful for an 18 year old to buy a rifle. If you don't like that, change the law, but you can't deny someone their right because you don't happen to agree with it.

The second reason you gave was his past criminal history. Well, as of right now it's not even clear whether or not he eve had a juvenile record. You can't deny someone their Constitutional right based on your fear that he may have a juvenile record.

So, you want to have a discussion, let's have it: On what valid basis would you have denied Ramos the right to buy a rifle?

Forum List

Back