Psychopath Elon Musk announces ASSAULT VEHICLE that will do 0-100 in 4 seconds

Wow. However, I don't see much difference between owning this and a Lamborghini. They are weekend cars you rarely take out, and the only place to enjoy its performance is at the closest race track.

Wow. However, I don't see much difference between owning this and a Lamborghini. They are weekend cars you rarely take out, and the only place to enjoy its performance is at the closest race track.

uranidiot. Rich people buy cars like this and drive them 150 mph on freeways all the time. If caught, they just pay the fine and continue. If extreme speeding was a felony and carried mandatory jail time - that would stop them.

uranidiot. Rich people buy cars like this and drive them 150 mph on freeways all the time. If caught, they just pay the fine and continue. If extreme speeding was a felony and carried mandatory jail time - that would stop them.
I'm not sure where you live but in my state, anything even slightly over 100 is considered reckless driving and / or public endangerment, and it's up to the disgression of the cop that pulls you over whether to book you or just give you a reckless driving ticket.

Of course, if you're going anything above 110 or 115 you are for sure going to jail and your license taken away for a while. And if it's your second or third reckless driving violation then your license is permanently revoked.

Also, if you're caught doing any kind of racing, not only will your license be taken away, but regardless of how expensive your car is, it will get impounded and sold as govt. property.

True story. :cool:

Take it from someone who had expensive cars when he was much younger and gotten two reckless driving tickets. I have driven as fast as 150 or 155 on the open road but it's a huge risk, because they can track you by aircraft as well.

So what good is it to get an expensive high performance car like that if you can't even do what it's made to do?

Last edited:

I'm not sure where you live but in my state, anything even slightly over 100 is considered reckless driving and / or public endangerment, and it's up to the disgression of the cop that pulls you over whether to book you or just give you a reckless driving ticket.

Of course, if you're going anything above 110 or 115 you are for sure going to jail and your license taken away for a while. And if it's your second or third reckless driving violation then your license is permanently revoked.

Also, if you're caught doing any kind of racing, not only will your license be taken away, but regardless of how expensive your car is, it will get impounded and sold as govt. property.

Take it from someone who had expensive cars when he was much younger and gotten two reckless driving tickets. I have driven as fast as 150 or 155 on the open road but it's a huge risk, because they can track you by aircraft as well.

So what good is it to get an expensive high performance car like that if you can't even do what it's made to do?
That is what track days are for!

That is what track days are for!
Ed Zachary! Or more commonly known as EXACTLY!

You're making all that up and everybody knows it. That's why you deliberately left out the name of the state.

If a state cared about safety they would lower speed limits to 55 and really throw the book at violators.

You're making all that up and everybody knows it. That's why you deliberately left out the name of the state.

If a state cared about safety they would lower speed limits to 55 and really throw the book at violators.

Geez dude, why are you so defensive? I couldn't give a rats-ass either way. FYI I have done business with Elan Musk and he was a total asshole to my staff. So I couldn't care either way. But here it is:

Is Driving Over 100 MPH a Felony Offense? | DrivingLaws.org

Is Driving Over 100 MPH a Felony Offense?
Driving over 100 mph may, under some circumstances, be a felony offense -- a crime punishable by fine or a year or more in jail. The categorization -- whether misdemeanor or felony -- depends on your state's speeding law, whether this is your first, second, or third high-speed offense, whether you had passengers, whether there was an accident, whether you were driving recklessly (other than excessive speeding), and where the speeding occurred. The more factors that stack up against you, the stiffer the fine and more likely of the felony categorization.

Speeding & Penalties
Again, state speeding laws vary, but if you were clocked exceeding 100 mph, some common penalties are:

• a fine, often exceeding $500
  • some jail time
  • points on a license (usually ranging from two (2) to four (4) depending on jurisdiction
  • suspension
  • mandatory driver's education
Of course, as with all infractions, if you are a repeat offender the higher the chances of a stiffer sentence and the more possibility your charge will be increased to a felony offense. Also, with repeat offenders a judge will be less likely to agree to any type of reduced sentence. In addition, there is a hidden expense -- the higher cost of insurance once your insurance company learns that you have been convicted of excessive speeding.

Reckless Driving
Some states may treat excessive speeding as a separate offense -- reckless driving. Reckless driving depends on road conditions, the perceptions of the officer at the time of your citation, if you had a passenger, and any other factors that were involved at the time of your citation. A reckless driving charge is usually in addition to your citation for speeding. Points and determination of misdemeanor or felony will vary depending on jurisdiction.

Speeding Laws by State
Find your state below to get in-depth information on speeding laws.

Geez dude, why are you so defensive? I couldn't give a rats-ass either way. FYI I have done business with Elan Musk and he was a total asshole to my staff. So I couldn't care either way. But here it is:

Driving over 100 mph may, under some circumstances, be a felony offense -- a crime punishable by fine or a year or more in jail. The categorization -- whether misdemeanor or felony -- depends on your state's speeding law, whether this is your first, second, or third high-speed offense, whether you had passengers, whether there was an accident, whether you were driving recklessly (other than excessive speeding), and where the speeding occurred. The more factors that stack up against you, the stiffer the fine and more likely of the felony categorization.

Speeding & Penalties
Again, state speeding laws vary, but if you were clocked exceeding 100 mph, some common penalties are:

• some jail time
  • points on a license (usually ranging from two (2) to four (4) depending on jurisdiction
  • suspension
Of course, as with all infractions, if you are a repeat offender the higher the chances of a stiffer sentence and the more possibility your charge will be increased to a felony offense. Also, with repeat offenders a judge will be less likely to agree to any type of reduced sentence. In addition, there is a hidden expense -- the higher cost of insurance once your insurance company learns that you have been convicted of excessive speeding.

Reckless Driving
Some states may treat excessive speeding as a separate offense -- reckless driving. Reckless driving depends on road conditions, the perceptions of the officer at the time of your citation, if you had a passenger, and any other factors that were involved at the time of your citation. A reckless driving charge is usually in addition to your citation for speeding. Points and determination of misdemeanor or felony will vary depending on jurisdiction.

Speeding Laws by State

Caught at 100 mph -- now what? - CNN.com

Basketball phenom LeBron James has one. As does actor Matt Dillon. So, famously, does politician Al Gore's son.

A triple digit speeding ticket results in different punishments in different states.

You may think it's a Bentley, Benz or even a Prius, or the latest celebrity accoutrement, but we're not talking about that. All of these famous individuals have a speeding ticket citation for allegedly driving above 100 mph.

As the three drivers were cited in three different states, they all face varying combinations of penalty fines, courts fees and possible license suspensions. But even if a prospective fine won't hit LeBron's oversized pocketbook too hard, it often adds up to a pretty penny for the average motorist once an insurance adjustment -- or policy cancellation -- is taken into account.

What does it mean to get caught going triple digits? We take a look.

When you hear about it

Maybe you were driving too fast on a straight section of freeway and heard that ominous siren that means a hefty speeding fine is on the way. Maybe you were opening your mail over a cup of morning coffee and noticed a letter with a funny-looking city insignia on it.

Or maybe you were sitting watching TV when you noticed a police car pulling up outside then heard a knock on the door. However the police got to you -- and it varies by the state you live in - you've now been cited for driving above 100 mph.

Likely police method

Vince Ramirez of the California Highway Patrol says a 100 mph-plus driver may be caught either by radar or by cruiser (known as a "bumper piece"). He says: "Upon a stop, the officer will issue a citation and then it goes to county, where a court determines the fine. He says most offenders are caught on "the outskirts of big cities, high desert areas or rural populations."

Arizona is the only state with a permanent freeway camera system, while others including Florida enforce by aircraft.

Know your rights

When you've been pulled over, most attorneys will advise you to not admit guilt, as it may complicate challenging a ticket later. Likely a police officer will ask you how fast you thought you were going, but you are under no obligation to answer. Be polite and do not challenge the ticket right there, as it may annoy the officer, undermining your case.

Do not offer a bribe, a felony offense. There's nothing to stop you asking for a warning only but, at 100 mph or more, it's not likely you'll get it. AOL Autos: Best Looking Cars of 2009

Varying ticket penalties

Penalties vary across states and jurisdictions. In California, for example, a first offender likely will face a fine not exceeding $500, two points on a license and possible jail time. The infraction becomes a misdemeanor if the police can prove a driver was reckless. In Virginia it's a fine of up to $2,500 and mandatory jail time.

Some states like Florida and New York use a sliding scale for speeds up to 50 mph over the limit. Many including Oregon enforce mandatory license suspensions.

Reckless driving?

Whether an infraction becomes a reckless driving offense depends on road conditions, how you were driving, the officer serving your ticket and the state in which you received it. Factors include if you were seen making unsafe lane changes or had a passenger in your car (even more so if it's a child). Reckless driving is usually a misdemeanor criminal offense. In Florida, a third offense for driving 50 mph over the limit is a felony. In Virginia, driving above 85 mph is considered reckless.

The numbers

100 mph citations, case study: Oregon, 2006-2007. Source: Oregon.gov

• 79% of the cited drivers were male.

• 81% of the citations were issued to drivers on freeways, and 19% were issued on secondary state highways.

• The highest percentage age group for male drivers was 20-24 (34%) followed by age group 15-19 (21%).

• For all violators cited, 51% involved drivers ages 15-24.

• In 2005, troopers cited 464 people for driving 100 mph or faster Between 2000 and 2004, troopers cited more the 2,600 drivers.

What about insurance?

Raleigh Floyd at Allstate says a citation "typically won't affect the insurance situation unless it involved a crash." In terms of a policy cancellation or increase, Floyd says it's impossible to determine as "more than 1,000 factors that go into it, including age, past driving record and where you drive."

He says that the offense will appear on DMV records and will be noted for new customers or a policy renewal. His advice? "Slow down for your own safety. You'll also save on gas."

Do you need a lawyer?

David Haenel, at Florida's fightyourticket.com, says a lawyer's job is to "explain the legal defense fully and make sure the officer can prove the case beyond reasonable doubt, to the same standard as a criminal case."

He will check that a police radar has been properly calibrated and that citation records written up in a patrol car or aircraft match those on the ticket. More often than not, a driver's financial situation will dictate whether they hire a lawyer.

Repeat offenders

Most states will escalate punishment when a second offense has occurred within a given time period -- often five years. In most states, license suspension becomes mandatory and jail time also lengthens. In the case of a third offense, jail time could be mandatory. Officer Ramirez of the CHP confirms that these offenses are known as "significant abuses" and could merit jail time.

Advice? If possible avoid getting one in first place. And if you get a second or third, look out!

Last edited:

Speeding & Penalties

• some jail time
  • suspension

Reckless Driving

Speeding Laws by State
Fox News personality Jeanine Pirro, host of 'Justice with Judge Jeanine,' ticketed for driving 119 mph

Lock her up.

Speeding & Penalties

• some jail time
  • suspension

Reckless Driving

Speeding Laws by State
Fox News personality Jeanine Pirro, host of 'Justice with Judge Jeanine,' ticketed for driving 119 mph

Lock her up.
I fail to see the point of this? She sped, got caught, and faced the consequences, with no exceptions, like your crooked Hillary got.

Suppose gun companies bragged about guns DESIGNED to break the law and kill innocent people.!!! Musk makes manson look like a choir boy.

Tesla Roadster: Elon Musk unveils 'fastest production car ever' in shock announcement

Elon Musk, the Chief Executive of electric car maker Tesla, unveiled a surprise new vehicle on Thursday night - a roadster that he said would be the "fastest production car ever" made.

Capable of going from 0-60 mph in 1.9 seconds, the Tesla Roadster would be the first such car ever to break the two second mark, the entrepreneur said at a launch near Los Angeles.

He also said it would climb from 0 to 100 mph in 4.2 seconds and clear a quarter mile in 8.9 seconds. "This will the first time that any production car has broken 9 seconds in the quarter mile," he said
Musk said the trucks, scheduled to come into production in 2019, will accelerate from 0-60 mph with a full load of 80,000 pounds in 20 seconds

https://www.thestreet.com/story/14394784/1/musk-unveils-electric-truck.html

GO Get'EM! Whee!

The guy talks like a retard. And he just assumes every destination is going to have a charge station.

Electric motors can produce huge amounts of torque. Hundred of people a year break a wrist using an electric drill.
Nothing can beat an electric motor for pure acceleration.

That said electric cars have huge drawbacks.

Limited range even less range when running the heater or the AC, long charging times.

Big difference is the Lambo cost twice as much, used, as does the Tesla Roadster. And is not as fast.

Lamborghini Cars for Sale Nationwide - Autotrader
Correct, but speed is only one factor among several when it comes to high end sports cars. I was contemplating purchasing the Tesla sedan but opted for a fully loaded S76 coup. I just didn't like the interior design / quality , the bells and whistles, and the other high performance aspects such as suspension, steering, braking, feeling of the road, etc. A big consideration for me was lack of infrastructure when it comes to charging stations, which would make the Tesla a primarily local car.

Suppose gun companies bragged about guns DESIGNED to break the law and kill innocent people.!!! Musk makes manson look like a choir boy.

Tesla Roadster: Elon Musk unveils 'fastest production car ever' in shock announcement

Elon Musk, the Chief Executive of electric car maker Tesla, unveiled a surprise new vehicle on Thursday night - a roadster that he said would be the "fastest production car ever" made.

Capable of going from 0-60 mph in 1.9 seconds, the Tesla Roadster would be the first such car ever to break the two second mark, the entrepreneur said at a launch near Los Angeles.

He also said it would climb from 0 to 100 mph in 4.2 seconds and clear a quarter mile in 8.9 seconds. "This will the first time that any production car has broken 9 seconds in the quarter mile," he said
Musk said the trucks, scheduled to come into production in 2019, will accelerate from 0-60 mph with a full load of 80,000 pounds in 20 seconds

https://www.thestreet.com/story/14394784/1/musk-unveils-electric-truck.html

GO Get'EM! Whee!

The guy talks like a retard. And he just assumes every destination is going to have a charge station.

Even if you install the higher speed chargers that Tesla owners have at home, you're still looking at half an hour to forty five minutes for a full charge for a Tesla, I am this one will probably take longer. Regular chargers you sometimes see take two to three hours. This issue alone makes fully electric cars very unappealing.

You still refuse to mention the name of the state that you claim has all these severe penalties for speeding. Admit it - you made it up.

Forum List

Back