Psychopath Elon Musk announces ASSAULT VEHICLE that will do 0-100 in 4 seconds

We’re happy with our high horsepower gas cars.

Progressives continue to battle personal choice and having fun, to the point of insanity.

Fun??? You psychopaths now call 120 mph just a way to have fun. Everyone else calls it terrorism. THINK.

Electric motors can produce huge amounts of torque. Hundred of people a year break a wrist using an electric drill.
Nothing can beat an electric motor for pure acceleration.

That said electric cars have huge drawbacks.

Limited range even less range when running the heater or the AC, long charging times.
They lose about 10% of their range with a heater or air conditioner on. And the Roadster is showing what the future holds. 620 miles is not a short range. Nor is 500 miles for the semi. And for the high mileage batteries, that will reduce the loss to about 5% of the range.

Wow. However, I don't see much difference between owning this and a Lamborghini. They are weekend cars you rarely take out, and the only place to enjoy its performance is at the closest race track.
Big difference is the Lambo cost twice as much, used, as does the Tesla Roadster. And is not as fast.

Lamborghini Cars for Sale Nationwide - Autotrader
Correct, but speed is only one factor among several when it comes to high end sports cars. I was contemplating purchasing the Tesla sedan but opted for a fully loaded S76 coup. I just didn't like the interior design / quality , the bells and whistles, and the other high performance aspects such as suspension, steering, braking, feeling of the road, etc. A big consideration for me was lack of infrastructure when it comes to charging stations, which would make the Tesla a primarily local car.
1,043 Supercharger Stations
Supercharger | Tesla

Wow. However, I don't see much difference between owning this and a Lamborghini. They are weekend cars you rarely take out, and the only place to enjoy its performance is at the closest race track.
Big difference is the Lambo cost twice as much, used, as does the Tesla Roadster. And is not as fast.

Correct, but speed is only one factor among several when it comes to high end sports cars. I was contemplating purchasing the Tesla sedan but opted for a fully loaded S76 coup. I just didn't like the interior design / quality , the bells and whistles, and the other high performance aspects such as suspension, steering, braking, feeling of the road, etc. A big consideration for me was lack of infrastructure when it comes to charging stations, which would make the Tesla a primarily local car.
Supercharger | Tesla

LOL, 4 stations in Phoenix, with none in the east or southeast valley.

You're making all that up and everybody knows it. That's why you deliberately left out the name of the state.
If a state cared about safety they would lower speed limits to 55 and really throw the book at violators.

Geez dude, why are you so defensive? I couldn't give a rats-ass either way. FYI I have done business with Elan Musk and he was a total asshole to my staff. So I couldn't care either way. But here it is:

You still refuse to mention the name of the state that you claim has all these severe penalties for speeding. Admit it - you made it up.
Stay away from the $5 whiskey. If you bothered reading what I posted, it mentions several states that you could be locked up and / or your license taken away for reckless driving.

I fail to see the point of this? She sped, got caught, and faced the consequences, with no exceptions, like your crooked Hillary got.

What consequences has she faced? THINK
Whatever NY state law prescribes for first time offenders, how much faster she was going than the posted speed limit, how she was driving, and the officer's perception. Apparently she paid $600 dollars. She sure as hell did not get a pass.

Electric motors can produce huge amounts of torque. Hundred of people a year break a wrist using an electric drill.
Nothing can beat an electric motor for pure acceleration.

That said electric cars have huge drawbacks.

Limited range even less range when running the heater or the AC, long charging times.
They lose about 10% of their range with a heater or air conditioner on. And the Roadster is showing what the future holds. 620 miles is not a short range. Nor is 500 miles for the semi. And for the high mileage batteries, that will reduce the loss to about 5% of the range.
So what happens if there's a road closure or number to bumper traffic due to an accident or bad weather which could add mutiple hours to a seven hour (= 500 mile) trip. Your battery dies on open road and you're fucked.

Supercharger | Tesla

LOL, 4 stations in Phoenix, with none in the east or southeast valley.
As opposed to:

How many gas stations are there in the U.S?

There are 168,000 retail locations in the U.S. that sell fuel to the public.

Has anyone hear actually owned one of these tesla electric cars?. I've read they are extremely simple and trouble-free. That's a very strong selling point if true. Gasoline cars have gotten so complicated

Has anyone hear actually owned one of these tesla electric cars?. I've read they are extremely simple and trouble-free. That's a very strong selling point if true. Gasoline cars have gotten so complicated
A couple of fellows at work own Leaf's, on one owns an EV BMW. A whole lot less money than a Tesla, they do not have the performance of the Tesla's, but are quite snappy by ICE standards. All are quite happy with their vehicles.

Suppose gun companies bragged about guns DESIGNED to break the law and kill innocent people.!!! Musk makes manson look like a choir boy.

Tesla Roadster: Elon Musk unveils 'fastest production car ever' in shock announcement

Elon Musk, the Chief Executive of electric car maker Tesla, unveiled a surprise new vehicle on Thursday night - a roadster that he said would be the "fastest production car ever" made.

Capable of going from 0-60 mph in 1.9 seconds, the Tesla Roadster would be the first such car ever to break the two second mark, the entrepreneur said at a launch near Los Angeles.

He also said it would climb from 0 to 100 mph in 4.2 seconds and clear a quarter mile in 8.9 seconds. "This will the first time that any production car has broken 9 seconds in the quarter mile," he said
It is an ugly Pos

roadster-front-58.jpg

This is the new Tesla Roadster - Page 2 - Roadshow

Pretty baby. It followed me home, Mama. Can I keep it, pretty please?

A couple of fellows at work own Leaf's, on one owns an EV BMW. A whole lot less money than a Tesla, they do not have the performance of the Tesla's, but are quite snappy by ICE standards. All are quite happy with their vehicles.

Snappy??? That's nice but my question was - are they relatively problem free compared to gas cars.?

Forum List

Back