Public Education run amok with Police State

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
There is NO reason, only excuses.

School Calls Police On Student With BB Gun In Background Of Virtual Class

“I thought, this is outrageous. This is despicable,” she told Fox. “I had no idea what in the world could this be over? BB guns never even once entered my mind. How many 11-year-old boys have BB guns?”

When she first reached out to the school via email, Lancaster expressed her concerns that she was not contacted first to ask questions before calling law enforcement. Seneca Falls Elementary administrators then told her that the school made the decision to call, fearing for her son’s safety after a screenshot of the BB gun circulated to the staff.

“It’s absolutely scary to think about,” Courtney said. “Who are on these calls? Who do we have viewing your children and subsequently taking these screenshots that can be sent anywhere or used for any purpose?”

This is where people need to say "screw off, get a warrant". And then let them know the lawsuits will fly when they find nothing.

The school official that called this in should be fired.

They started doing this because of all the mass school shootings. I'd rather they be safe than sorry.

Edit

Oh damn. I didnt know it was on a conference call. Is this in a state where by law a kid cannot have access to a gun?

ShootEyeOut.jpg

This is where people need to say "screw off, get a warrant". And then let them know the lawsuits will fly when they find nothing.

"The school official that called this in should be fired."

Probably a mandated reporter. If they hadnt called it in it would have been their job.

They started doing this because of all the mass school shootings. I'd rather they be safe than sorry.

Edit

Oh damn. I didnt know it was on a conference call. Is this in a state where by law a kid cannot have access to a gun?
To be fair. Prog agendas turned this into major problems. You have had near 6 decades to fix this. That is a long time in the lifeblood of nations. An eternity. Even if the sands of time move quickly.

Probably a mandated reporter. If they hadnt called it in it would have been their job.

There are no such requirements.

Yeah there is. My wife is a mandated reporter.

" Mandated reporters are individuals who are mandated by law to report known or suspected child maltreatment. They are primarily people who have contact with children through their employment. Mandated reporters are required by the state of California to report any known or suspected instances of child abuse or neglect to the county child welfare department or to a local law enforcement agency (local police/sheriff’s department). "

If that was an actual weapon it would fall under neglect.

" Mandated reporters are individuals who are mandated by law to report known or suspected child maltreatment. They are primarily people who have contact with children through their employment. Mandated reporters are required by the state of California to report any known or suspected instances of child abuse or neglect to the county child welfare department or to a local law enforcement agency (local police/sheriff’s department). "

No it wouldn't. Looks to me like we need to end remote school lessons.

Edit

To be fair. Prog agendas turned this into major problems. You have had near 6 decades to fix this. That is a long time in the lifeblood of nations. An eternity. Even if the sands of time move quickly.
Like I said I would rather err on the side of caution. I wouldnt feel good about finding out the kid shot himself after getting off the conference call when I noticed a gun in the background.

No it wouldn't. Looks to me like we need to end remote school lessons.
Yeah it would.

" First, California law makes it a crime for a person to negligently store or leave any firearm on premises within the person’s custody or control, in a location where the person knows, or reasonably should know, that a child under 18 is likely to gain access to the firearm without the permission of the child’s parent or legal guardian. "

Maryland State Law

" Maryland law provides that a person “may not store or leave a loaded firearm in a location where the person knew or should have known that an unsupervised child would gain access to the firearm.” "

Edit

Like I said I would rather err on the side of caution. I wouldnt feel good about finding out the kid shot himself after getting off the conference call when I noticed a gun in the background.
So this is the norm now. And we mut have it our way. Not anyone else's way. For if equality is being morons, then so be it. The noble aspects of improving things for people can be overshadowed on how much can actually be done. There are agendas that are in that category.

Edit

So this is the norm now. And we mut have it our way. Not anyone else's way. For if equality is being morons, then so be it. The noble aspects of improving things for people can be overshadowed on how much can actually be done. There are agendas that are in that category.
Personally I taught my kids how to hand guns at an early age. However, I am of the opinon that most people shouldnt even own dogs so I have no problem with laws being enacted that limit the danger you can put children in.

Then someone needs to educate the mandated reporters as to what maltreatment is. It is neither maltreatment, abuse or neglect for a kid to own a bb gun...

Then someone needs to educate the mandated reporters as to what maltreatment is. It is nether maltreatment, abuse or neglect for a kid to own a bb gun...
Unless you know the laws of Maryland you dont know that. Also you cant always tell a BB gun from a real one on a conference call. I have one that looks exactly like a Glock. You literally have to check to see if you can rack it.

Edit

Personally I taught my kids how to hand guns at an early age. However, I am of the opinon that most people shouldnt even own dogs so I have no problem with laws being enacted that limit the danger you can put children in.
I do not believe utopia exists. I believe that poverty can be reduced. And dependence on others can be reduced. There are enough social programs on the plate already. Resources can be use from this to reform anything corrupted. And there are things corrupted from military hardware to lazy employees to corrupted social welfare programs to corrupted vendors servicing government to ludicrous lawsuit paying people off that happen to be at the right place at the right time like lottery winners. No investigations of where monies go ever happens and is reported to the people. Tough decision are needed. And they are not attempted..

Edit

I do not believe utopia exists. I believe that poverty can be reduced. And dependence on others can be reduced. There are enough social programs on the plate already. Resources can be use from this to reform anything corrupted. And there are things corrupted from military hardware to lazy employees to corrupted social welfare programs to corrupted vendors servicing government to ludicrous lawsuit paying people off that happen to be at the right place at the right time like lottery winners. No investigations of where monies go ever happens and is reported to the people. Tough decision are needed. And they are not attempted..
" I do not believe utopia exists. "

I am of the opinion that if you lack belief in a goal you will never ever get there. I think its not only lazy but self defeating.

Forum List

Back