Publix Grocery Store Under Fire For Refusing to Write Pro-Trans Message On A Cake

Ummm sorry for being off topic, (in my own thread nonetheless lol) but what kind of username is PredFan?

Good responses because as I said, I was torn, but it's their business after all as I already pointed out in my OP.
So if they refused to write things for Christians you would be OK with it?

I usually find that people are all for stuff like this as long as they are not the ones on the receiving end of the bigotry and discrimination.

Another thing to consider is that this bakery manager was not the owner of the business so if his boss, the store manger , told him to write what the customer wants he should do it.

I find that hard to believe but I bet most Christians would be whining about religious persecution

I'd be upset, but I wouldn't argue with their decision as they can do whatever they want to.

Bakery manager was wrong.
You offer services to the entire public, you give service to the entire public as long as they are not criminal.

The designated victim status groups are just doing what they always do. They do this stuff on purpose, I think, just to keep stirring the pot.

The entitlement mindset is rabid...

Ummm sorry for being off topic, (in my own thread nonetheless lol) but what kind of username is PredFan?

Back in 1991 during the early years of the Arena Football League, my home town of Orlando, Florida started a team called the Orlando Predators. This coincided with the beginnings of computers and the internet. The very first time I was asked to invent a username, it was PredFan since I was a huge fan of the team and the league.

The team is playing in a B-league version of the game now I think, but the entire Arena league has changed, and not for the better. I no longer watch.

Which then brings up a previous question.
Would you force a Muslim baker to bake a gay or Mohammad cake or a black baker to make a KKK cake?
If they serve the public, then they should make what ever is in their normal repertoire- for any paying customer. If wedding cakes are part of that then they should bake the couple a wedding cake. I doubt a “gay cake or a KKK cake would fall in that category.

Back in 1991 during the early years of the Arena Football League, my home town of Orlando, Florida started a team called the Orlando Predators. This coincided with the beginnings of computers and the internet. The very first time I was asked to invent a username, it was PredFan since I was a huge fan of the team and the league.

The team is playing in a B-league version of the game now I think, but the entire Arena league has changed, and not for the better. I no longer watch.

Oh,.. well in this day and age and especially on this website people would think that it means something else so sorry about that, but just a friendly warning. :)

Oh,.. well in this day and age and especially on this website people would think that it means something else so sorry about that, but just a friendly warning. :)
Hmmm...like what?

One time way back, some goofball thought I was a fan of the steroid Prednisone. She also refused to believe otherwise when i tried to explain.

Hmmm...like what?

Umm,.. well,.. we're not exactly allowed to say, but I'm hoping and praying that you're not one of those people who believe in the sexual indoctrination of children. It's along those lines as this board is filled with those kinds of people.

From the article…

The woman, who was purchasing the cake for a pro-trans campaign at her job, claimed that she asked for the message to be put on the cake with icing. However, the bakery decorated the cake with the words "people deserve joy," and provided the customer extra icing so she could add the word "trans" herself.

So…she couldn’t even bring herself to write “trans people deserve joy” - what the hell?

How is that even controversial? Everyone deserves joy…you would think.
Because this whole trans thing is political. Companies are now, "Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't". So Publix decided not to involve politics, so they've upset a tiny minority, where as Bud Light decided to and upset a majority.

I would side with Publix, steer clear of politics and religion.

If you don't know what is wrong with a filthy ass pro tranny message then you are sick in the mind.

Was that ever in question? I'm more of a live and let live person, but when you start preaching your agenda at me or children then that's when I get a problem with you. Hence why Coyote makes my skin crawl.

Forum List

Back