Publix Grocery Store Under Fire For Refusing to Write Pro-Trans Message On A Cake

Public accommodation laws.

If Publix allows custom messages to be written on cakes then one customer cannot be denied because the employee doesn't like the message. The fact that the customer got an apology and the manager said that there was no corporate policy against writing the word "trans" on a cake is proof of that.

So you are in favor of this: If you open a business you, as a free American, are under indentured servitude to whatever and whomever walks in the door.

How very totalitarian of you

Acknowledge their humanity, accept them into his fold, treat them with compassion as he has done with other outcasts.

No,.

Humanity--yes
Compassion--yes
"Accept them"? No

He accepts NO sinners as they are. His constant message is turn and repent.

So you are in favor of this: If you open a business you, as a free American, are under indentured servitude to whatever and whomever walks in the door.

That isn’t true. You are required to abide by certains laws IF you serve the public as a public accommodation. Just like you have to abide by food safety rules.

42 U.S.C. §2000a (a)All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

Outlived its usefulness, and also, blatantly unconstitutional.

Do not mistake me. Any cretin who would deny service based on blatantly hateful reasons deserves to go out of business--and probably would. But just because you open a business does not mean you SHOULD BE beholden to print whatever any Joe Schmoe off the street demands.

of course, this is too much common sense for modern America. Better to cut your penis off and fashion a "vagina" out of your colon. So let's cheerlead that.

Here you go again.

This case is NOT the case of a business owner refusing service but of an employee not following corporate policies.

But hey if you're fine with no colored people allowed signs, or no Jews, Christians or Muslim allowed signs then petition the government to roll back the clock.

Humanity--yes
Compassion--yes
"Accept them"? No

He accepts NO sinners as they are. His constant message is turn and repent.
And you don't have to accept all that is being asked is that you TOLERATE others.

Look up the words if you don't know the definitions.

How?

Do not mistake me. Any cretin who would deny service based on blatantly hateful reasons deserves to go out of business--and probably would. But just because you open a business does not mean you SHOULD BE beholden to print whatever any Joe Schmoe off the street demands.

You are only required to serve all people equally. If you have a policy of writing personal messages then it has to apply equally to all your customers.

of course, this is too much common sense for modern America. Better to cut your penis off and fashion a "vagina" out of your colon. So let's cheerlead that.
Which has nothing to do with anything.

like your hate of the "gay" sin?

Once again that was your employers' decision. And it really has no analogy to writing words on a cake or denying service when there was no company policy stating that the word "trans" could not be written on a cake.
not entirely-----a professional person need not engage in an action that
he considers unethical IMO. I, as a medical professional, consider boxing,
NOT SAFE for a 12 year old. ----my idiot boss at the time actually engaged
in professional boxing in his youth-----but-----I AM A MOTHER and as a
mother I would not certify, as a medic and mother-----a kid to engage in boxing.
Had he objected ------I WOULDA' YELLED AT HIM

not entirely-----a professional person need not engage in an action that
he considers unethical IMO. I, as a medical professional, consider boxing,
NOT SAFE for a 12 year old. ----my idiot boss at the time actually engaged
in professional boxing in his youth-----but-----I AM A MOTHER and as a
mother I would not certify, as a medic and mother-----a kid to engage in boxing.
Had he objected ------I WOULDA' YELLED AT HIM

so you think the writing of a word is unethical?

Like I said there is no analogy here. And your employer had the right to fire you if he so chose.

How?

You are only required to serve all people equally. If you have a policy of writing personal messages then it has to apply equally to all your customers.

Which has nothing to do with anything.

Right. So how about a message about, say, going violent on the sitting president?

*I* would never do any such thing. But this message has to "apply equally to all customer" right?

How about "abortion is murder". Yes?

Right. So how about a message about, say, going violent on the sitting president?

*I* would never do any such thing. But this message has to "apply equally to all customer" right?

How about "abortion is murder". Yes?
Making threats against anyone is illegal.

And I would have no problem if a person was paying for a cake that said abortion is murder because I can actually TOLERATE different opinions where you obviously cannot.

so you think the writing of a word is unethical?

Like I said there is no analogy here. And your employer had the right to fire you if he so chose.
"writing a word...." as in "this 12 y/o boy is physically ok for boxing and taking
repeated bangs on his head" ??????????? yeah---for ME---it would have been
unethical to write those words

"writing a word...." as in "this 12 y/o boy is physically ok for boxing and taking
repeated bangs on his head" ??????????? yeah---for ME---it would have been
unethical to write those words

If you can't see that permission for a child to engage in a dangerous sport has nothing to do with writing a word on a cake are completely unrelated then that's your problem.

If you can't see that permission for a child to engage in a dangerous sport has nothing to do with writing a word on a cake are completely unrelated then that's your problem.
oh---mom did not consider the sport dangerous---she considered it a ticket OUT OF
THE HOOD. There are people who consider "TRANSING..." a dangerous public
health and morals problem----they have rights too

Lots of Sprinkles on the side! :D

funny-literal-cake-decorations-fails-38-5762949c8b40f__605.jpg

oh---mom did not consider the sport dangerous---she considered it a ticket OUT OF
THE HOOD. There are people who consider "TRANSING..." a dangerous public
health and morals problem----they have rights too

What does this have to do with the mother?

Look you said there was no policy against a 12 year old taking boxing lessons and that you boss supported your decision right? If there was a policy and you violated it would your employer have the right to fire you?

Forum List

Back