Publix Grocery Store Under Fire For Refusing to Write Pro-Trans Message On A Cake

I must have missed it-----was the employee fired? Cake decorating is a profession.
A professional has a right to refuse an act that conflicts with his ETHICS
you all need to actually read the article. This is a quote from the link

In it, the supermarket’s manager claimed it wasn’t against corporate policy to write the pro-trans message.

Look there is no corporate policy by Publix on this matter.

This entire event is nothing but an employee refusing to do his job and the corporation apologized for the acts of that employee. This employee will probably and IMO should be fired.

You said "if they offer customization for anyone they have to offer it to anyone".

Who says?

If the owner/corporation says, then yes, the employee was wrong. But if the shop owner says I don't give a flip, I'll make the cakes I want to make--then okay. You don't go into indentured servitude with Big Daddy Govco because you open a business.

You said "if they offer customization for anyone they have to offer it to anyone".

Who says?

If the owner/corporation says, then yes, the employee was wrong. But if the shop owner says I don't give a flip, I'll make the cakes I want to make--then okay. You don't go into indentured servitude with Big Daddy Govco because you open a business.
Read the article

it clearly states

the supermarket’s manager claimed it wasn’t against corporate policy to write the pro-trans message.

ok-----SO? That fact does not make it legal to FORCE a professional cake
decorator to do so
He is an employee of the corporation if he refuses to follow corporate or, as in this case, makes up his own policy, then policy he should be fired.

Can anyone tell me why the phrase "Trans people deserve joy" is offensive?

Are you all so petty so as to think that some people don't deserve joy?

Read the article

it clearly states

the supermarket’s manager claimed it wasn’t against corporate policy to write the pro-trans message.

I don't care about that particular store. YOU SAID if they write a message for anyone they have to write it for everyone.

WHO SAYS? Generally speaking. WHY is this the case in a free America?

Can anyone tell me why the phrase "Trans people deserve joy" is offensive?

Are you all so petty so as to think that some people don't deserve joy?

I am not offended by that and would write it on the cake. While baking the cake and writing it, I would soak the entire thing in all kinds of prayer--because joy comes from knowing God.

Trans people chase joy to the point of cutting their penis off and fashioning a vagina out of their colon. Try to imagine how desperate that is. Or don't.

I don't care about that particular store. YOU SAID if they write a message for anyone they have to write it for everyone.

WHO SAYS? Generally speaking. WHY is this the case in a free America?
Look if you are an employee you follow company policy if you don't you get shitcanned. PERIOD

This isn't any argument about religious rights or the owner of a business refusing service or any of that other bullshit.

I am not offended by that and would write it on the cake. While baking the cake and writing it, I would soak the entire thing in all kinds of prayer--because joy comes from knowing God.

Trans people chase joy to the point of cutting their penis off and fashioning a vagina out of their colon. Try to imagine how desperate that is. Or don't.

It's not your place to judge anyone .

Look if you are an employee you follow company policy if you don't you get shitcanned. PERIOD

This isn't any argument about religious rights or the owner of a business refusing service or any of that other bullshit.

So you were wrong to say this then,

If they customize any cake with writing provided by the customer then they have to offer that same service for everyone.

Good, I agree. This is wrong.

It's not your place to judge anyone .

Can these free Americans do what they want with their body parts? Yes. Can I determine that they are desperate and deluded?

You bet I can. You do it all the time, the judging. It's exactly why you come to the religion forum. To judge.

So don't be a hypocrite.

So you were wrong to say this then,

If they customize any cake with writing provided by the customer then they have to offer that same service for everyone.

Good, I agree. This is wrong.
No I'm not wrong to say that. In fact I am 100% correct. A corporation can have restrictions on what it writes on cakes as in a ban on profanity but if one customer is allowed a custom message then all customers must be allowed custom messages.

Can these free Americans do what they want with their body parts? Yes. Can I determine that they are desperate and deluded?

You bet I can. You do it all the time, the judging. It's exactly why you come to the religion forum. To judge.

So don't be a hypocrite.
No i come to disagree and debate. YOU take that as judgment and that's a YOU problem

He is an employee of the corporation if he refuses to follow corporate or, as in this case, makes up his own policy, then policy he should be fired.
Oh---was he fired for not writing "HAPPY SEX CHANGE" on a cake? ----long
ago I refused, in my professional capacity, to certify a 12 y/o kid for BOXING
LESSONS because I do not BELIEVE that a 12 ylo should engage in that sport.
The mom accused me of ---RACISM-----nuttin' happened to me

Oh---was he fired for not writing "HAPPY SEX CHANGE" on a cake? ----long
ago I refused, in my professional capacity, to certify a 12 y/o kid for BOXING
LESSONS because I do not BELIEVE that a 12 ylo should engage in that sport.
The mom accused me of ---RACISM-----nuttin' happened to me
Hardly the same thing.

saying a 12 year old isn;t physically suited for a dangerous sport like boxing because he's is not physically strong enough has no analogy to refusing to write words on a cake.

No I'm not wrong to say that. In fact I am 100% correct. A corporation can have restrictions on what it writes on cakes as in a ban on profanity but if one customer is allowed a custom message then all customers must be allowed custom messages.

Says WHO?

Hardly the same thing.

saying a 12 year old isn;t physically suited for a dangerous sport like boxing because he's is not physically strong enough has no analogy to refusing to write words on a cake.
try again----I refused because I do not believe ANY 12 year old should engage in
boxing

Says WHO?

Public accommodation laws.

If Publix allows custom messages to be written on cakes then one customer cannot be denied because the employee doesn't like the message. The fact that the customer got an apology and the manager said that there was no corporate policy against writing the word "trans" on a cake is proof of that.

try again----I refused because I do not believe ANY 12 year old should engage in
boxing

So what? You have a policy against it and apply it to everyone right?

in that case there is no issue.

Publix had a policy of writing custom messages on cakes and an employee arbitrarily decided to break corporate policy.

The 2 situations are not analogous at all.

Forum List

Back