Punishment of sinners in Hell are forever because God is infinitely good.

The one triune God is good. Good necessarily abhors evil.

“ To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget, whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself – that was the ultimate subtlety; consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink."

“ The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them... To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just as long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies – all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth. ”

George Orwell, 1984

There is no maybe about it. I will leave my grave. Though I will doe yet I will see God in my flesh. Because of Jesus Christ this is possible

There is no maybe about it. I will leave my grave. Though I will doe yet I will see God in my flesh. Because of Jesus Christ this is possible

The only possible chance that you have to see God while in the flesh is before your body dies.

If you are hoping that after physical death you will crawl out from 6 feet under one day you are under a delusion most likely because of the grave that you are already buried in as a consequence of worshiping another man as if he was a god in the hope of becoming like God yourself.

Didn't you ever read the story of the talking serpent in the garden of Eden who used the exact same lie to deceive Adam and Eve, that they could defy the commands of God and not die but instead will become like God and live forever?.

Sheesh! What a maroon.

So god abhors hell - and our job is it to rarefy hell until it's an empty place and to minimize the number of the entry points to hell until all entry points are closed.

Last edited:

“ To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget, whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself – that was the ultimate subtlety; consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word 'doublethink' involved the use of doublethink."

“ The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them... To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just as long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies – all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth. ”

George Orwell, 1984

So what do you think about concrete? The dichotomy of Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainyu - or about the basic problem of the modern agnosticism? Or do you think about the big brother state USA spying everywhere everyone?

So what do you think about concrete?

I love the stuff; the mix,the smell, the feel, the versatility and the structural integrity it adds to any building or construction..

The dichotomy of Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainyu

These stories, like the stories in Judaism, Buddhism and Christianity are figurative depictions of the inner struggle within all people between wisdom and folly, good and evil.

What Jesus discovered hidden in the stories particular to Judaism was that talking serpents and donkeys, dogs, wolves, swine, sheep, goats, vulture, cattle, worms, maggots, the sons of light and the sons of darkness - the living and the dead - etc., are all figurative depictions that reflect the heights and depths of human potential according to each persons defining attributes that resemble creatures in the animal kingdom whether highly evolved or not so much.

or about the basic problem of the modern agnosticism?

What makes you think agnosticism is a problem?

Or do you think about the big brother state USA spying everywhere everyone?

Big brother was watching 2000 years ago. That's why Jesus tried to alert his disciples to be careful about what they said to whom, and how they said it, because what they think is said in private will one day be shouted from the rooftops.

Jesus didn't seem to give a shit who was listening or watching or if someone was reporting what he was teaching to the authorities. In fact the more he told people to keep it to themselves, the more they blabbed about it all over the place. Very predictable.

Like a master of stratagem, it looks like Jesus used big brother watching to his advantage.

Last edited:
So what do you think about concrete?

I love the stuff; the mix,the smell, the feel, the versatility and the structural integrity it adds to any building or construction..

The dichotomy of Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainyu

These stories, like the stories in Judaism, Buddhism and Christianity are figurative depictions of the inner struggle within all people between wisdom and folly, good and evil.

What Jesus discovered hidden in the stories particular to Judaism was that talking serpents and donkeys, dogs, wolves, swine, sheep, goats, vulture, cattle, worms, maggots, the sons of light and the sons of darkness - the living and the dead - etc., are all figurative depictions that reflect the heights and depths of human potential according to each persons defining attributes that resemble creatures in the animal kingdom whether highly evolved or not so much.

or about the basic problem of the modern agnosticism?

What makes you think agnosticism is a problem?

Or do you think about the big brother state USA spying everywhere everyone?

Big brother was watching 2000 years ago. That's why Jesus tried to alert his disciples to be careful about what they said to whom, and how they said it, because what they think is said in private will one day be shouted from the rooftops.

Jesus didn't seem to give a shit who was listening or watching or if someone was reporting what he was teaching to the authorities. In fact the more he told people to keep it to themselves, the more they blabbed about it all over the place. Very predictable.

Like a master of stratagem, it looks like Jesus used big brother watching to his advantage.

I understood your words - not your emotions and thoughts. But doesn't make any matter.

Last edited:

Can't have good without evil. Without an opposite, the first thing wont mean anything having nothing to compare itself to. No life without death, good without evil, heaven without hell.

If good or evil ever triumphed over the other, what would happen is the all-good/evil would simply split into two or more camps of more-good vs less-good, the less-good becomming the new defacto evil. This will always happen because it must happen. Without the opposite, absolute concepts don't mean anything.

Why neutrality is better than either extreme. All my d&d characters were Neutral Good. :) Not Lawful or Chaotic Good but simply good with no preference for order or chaos. And being Neutral Good meant the understood the importance of both good and evil and that neither should ever become more than the other but rather achieve a balance.

I understood your words - not your emotions and thoughts. But doesn't make any matter.

thoughts and emotions find expression through words. If you don't understand my thoughts, you didn't understand my words.

If you wanted to understand, it certainly would matter.

Oh well. At least you smile when you see your neighbor..

thoughts and emotions find expression through words. If you don't understand my thoughts, you didn't understand my words.

If you wanted to understand, it certainly would matter.

Oh well. At least you smile when you see your neighbor..

I'm a native German - we don't smile if we see our neighbors.

Last edited:

LOL....Must be quite the conundrum for you belonging to a professed 'love your neighbor' religion.

I don't know whoever 'we' Germans are but I grew up next to a native German family who loved to smile and even laughed almost every day, even with their neighbors.

Maybe they weren't as religiously devoted as you....I'll let them know if they continue to smile at their neighbors they really aren't 'we' Germans.

My guess is that they would find that just another thing to smile about....

If "infinitely good" can you still have any appreciation of the concepts of punishment, eternal torture, and the stuff usually associated with Hell?

Wouldn't a being infinitely good be infinitely forgiving, forgive and forget, etc. instead?

I seriously doubt that membership in USMB will last forever.

LOL....Must be quite the conundrum for you belonging to a professed 'love your neighbor' religion.

'Love your neighbor religion'? Strange.

I don't know whoever 'we' Germans are but I grew up next to a native German family who loved to smile and even laughed almost every day, even with their neighbors.

Hmm - astonishing incompatibility. Perhaps some of their subprocessors are defect.

Maybe they weren't as religiously devoted as you....

The word "devot" makes in the german language no sense in context with the christian religion.

I'll let them know if they continue to smile at their neighbors they really aren't 'we' Germans. My guess is that they would find that just another thing to smile about....

Best greetings.

I seriously doubt that membership in USMB will last forever.
Well forever is a might long time. I found this story about a year and a half after this thread was started

US pastor Tony Perkins, who believes natural disasters are sent by God to punish gay people, has fled his flooded home in Louisiana.

At Least 5 Dead in Texas After Severe Weather Sweeps Across Texas and Oklahoma, Authorities Say​

A Texas sheriff says at least five people are dead after powerful storms tore through a rural community, obliterating homes and leaving thousands of people without power Sunday.

Is that why today Texas is being punished?

What was the hidden meaning Jesus found in Leviticus 18:22?

Forum List

Back