Putin's Bombers Could Destroy Ukraine-Why is he holding back?

Donald H

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2020

The thread title asks the question. Opinions?
This doesn't fit the demonization of Putin and so hopefully it can generate a serious discussion.

My opinion is that Putin is aware of the rules of a limited war and an Iraq style bombing campaign would only turn Ukrainians who are Russian sympathizers, against Russia.
and
Will Russia be pushed to taking more brutal measures due to Russia's losses? Supposedly, an all out bombing campaign would be within the rules.

Hopefully the US will allow Zelensky to agree to a peace before this war gets to the brutality that ensued in Afghanistan and Iraq

As of the past weekend, in 24 days of conflict, Russia has flown some 1,400 strike sorties and delivered almost 1,000 missiles (by contrast, the United States flew more sorties and delivered more weapons in the first day of the 2003 Iraq war).

Last edited:
Sorry, but this war is worse than anything that happened in Afghanistan or Iraq in terms of destruction. It will eventually overtake Iraq in deaths. In case you haven't noticed, this country is being blown to pieces.

Sorry, but this war is worse than anything that happened in Afghanistan or Iraq in terms of destruction. It will eventually overtake Iraq in deaths. In case you haven't noticed, this country is being blown to pieces.
Did you see the quote that I just posted in the OP?
Please try to be rational!

Did you see the quote that I just posted in the OP?
Please try to be rational!
You wrote:
My opinion is that Putin is aware of the rules of a limited war and an Iraq style bombing campaign would only turn Ukrainians who are Russian sympathizers, against Russia.

And I said that this bombing campaign is far worse than anything inflicted on Iraq or Afghanistan, and will only get worse. So your premise that it has to get worse to rival Iraq is invalid.

This doesn't fit the demonization of Putin and so hopefully it can generate a serious discussion.

and
Will Russia be pushed to taking more brutal measures due to Russia's losses? Supposedly, an all out bombing campaign would be within the rules.

Hopefully the US will allow Zelensky to agree to a peace before this war gets to the brutality that ensued in Afghanistan and Iraq
Because he’s trying to capture Ukraine intact. Not destroy it. This isn’t a US military operation where we go in, and bomb the fuckers back into the Stone Age for two weeks, eliminating ALL infrastructure. And then send troops in.

Putin actually plans on staying. And as such the people will need to be as governable as possible.

Because he’s trying to capture Ukraine intact. Not destroy it. This isn’t a US military operation where we go in, and bomb the fuckers back into the Stone Age for two weeks, eliminating ALL infrastructure. And then send troops in.
Little late for that. You've already obliterated some of the largest cities in the country, and there are no signs of your stopping. Your country is really fucking up this war of yours.

Little late for that. You've already obliterated some of the largest cities in the country, and there are no signs of your stopping. Your country is really fucking up this war of yours.
Fortunately, (for now at least…). My country has managed to stay out of this business. Minus some sanctions, and aid.

If my country had launched this campaign there would be no water, no electricity, no sanitation, no internet. No nothing. It’s how we roll.

Putin actually plans on staying. And as such the people will need to be as governable as possible.
No, it's very unlikely that Putin intends on taking and keeping the whole Ukraine.

But yes, the US goes in with bombs, slaughters the civilian population, and then occupies the victim country.

How easy to push people like you to the truth, when there's no denial argument possible!

Because zelenski is in on it,, he will probably be names president of the new ukraine as a puppet

The Russian Air Force is juxtapositioned against the NATO Air Force.

Neither one can moved their assets into Ukraine without creating a defensive gap.

WWIII will be an air war.

Putin said from the start the special military operation was a peace keeping mission to free the Ukrainian people from a corrupt criminal government.
Which is why he has used humanitarian tactics whenever possible to defeat the insurgents. ... :cool:

Last edited:
Putin said from the start the special military operation was a peace keeping mission to free the Ukrainian people from a corrupt criminal government.
Which is why he has used humanitarian tactics whenever possible to defeat the insurgents. ... :cool:
No American speaks like this. You're a Russian troll.

and
I think it’s because Putin doesn’t want Ukraine destroyed. If he gets it before it’s demolished, he has access to a ton of resources. Also, if he went to bombing them too much, he’s probably afraid of action taken by NATO.

This strikes me as odd. Why does the US have to allow Zelensky to agree to peace?

You wrote:

And I said that this bombing campaign is far worse than anything inflicted on Iraq or Afghanistan, and will only get worse. So your premise that it has to get worse to rival Iraq is invalid.

You shouldn't watch too much fake news!:eusa_naughty:

1648089222928.png

Every single conservative Republican gave Zelensky a standing ovation when he stood before Congress and they called him a Hero..
Yet he champions abortions for women during all months of pregnancy.
Also a big supporter of the LGBTQ community, homo pretend marriage, and transgenderism for children.
If the conman criminal Zelensky lived here in America, he would be the leader of the Democrat Party.
It's sickening that conservative Repub's are practically worshiping him. ... :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back