🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Q: Can a new Republican Congress reverse the inflation-increasing act?

Not sure how this works….

Clearly, new spending amidst a high inflation environment is not going to help, and increasing taxes is bad timing as well. Can a newly elected Republican majority reverse this come January 2023?
Just defund it.

Yea, it does….thank you.

We are definitely in a scary spot right now. It looks like we will not be be to reverse the Far-Left agenda put in place with this bill, but come January, if things go as I hope, we can at least contain it.

On a personal note, my friend just told me that her 32-year-old daughter cannot afford the rent increase on her apartment in addition to the hike in groceries and is moving back in with her; a friend of mine in her 60s just got a rental increase on her townhouse which she cannot afford and is moving into a one-bedroom; and another friend just got a part-time job after 8 years of retirement.

The Democrats’ callous disregard for the hardship caused by inflation makes me question if the action to increase inflation further is deliberate.
It's BOTH parties not just the Dems. To think otherwise is strictly denial of facts Neither party is getting my vote because they aren't worthy of it

Deficits under Trump were rising BEFGORE the pandemic spending. It was projecte4d to reach $1 trillion dollars. That was partly due to the massive tax cuts for the rich that Republicans passed.
They "were rising?" They were lower than Obama's deficits. One year Trump signed a bill with additional spending so he could rebuild the military, which the Dims had been defunding for 8 years.

Most of the time when a Trumptard is lying, they are just parroting something they heard from one of their favorite propagandists.

And then there is the WILLFUL lying bripat does.
Says the douchebag who claims to be a conservative.

Still, as you say, the Dems won’t be able to do further damage once the GOP restores some sanity. My fear is how much more damage the Dems will do until then.

My guess, not much unless certain feckless members of the GOP allow the democrats to do crazy shit after the election. I'm not seeing anything much being done in the way of spending large money until the elections are over; they might pass this IRA, but little else even though the House is trying to pass anything and everything they can to appease their base. However, none of their crap will pass in the Senate.

My guess, not much unless certain feckless members of the GOP allow the democrats to do crazy shit after the election. I'm not seeing anything much being done in the way of spending large money until the elections are over; they might pass this IRA, but little else even though the House is trying to pass anything and everything they can to appease their base. However, none of their crap will pass in the Senate.
How can you be sure none of their crap will pass in the Senate? Manchin and Sinema moved to the dark side, and who knows what arm-twisting went on behind the scenes?

How can you be sure none of their crap will pass in the Senate? Manchin and Sinema moved to the dark side, and who knows what arm-twisting went on behind the scenes?

It looks like they will pass the IRA, I haven't heard of anything else they can do in the way of more spending cuz they can only pass the spending stuff through reconciliation once a year and this IRA is the one for this fiscal year. Doubtful they could pass another spending bill in the next fiscal year before the current session runs out but they might try. But not without some GOP support, which I don't think will happen.

And BTW, the democrats cannot pass the IRA until the Senate parliamentarian determines if any part of it is against the reconciliation rules. Apparently the IRA bill will be opened up for amendments, which if passed would also require the parliamentarian to review those too. Much as the democrats want to get this deal done in a hurry, they cannot avoid the process rules.

Not sure how this works….

Clearly, new spending amidst a high inflation environment is not going to help, and increasing taxes is bad timing as well. Can a newly elected Republican majority reverse this come January 2023?
If the congress could muster two thirds (very unlikely) they could override all of the vegetable's EO's

Yes, it does. When your gov't spends more money than it otherwise would have, that is inflationary. It may not be much of a factor depending on how much you spend and on what, but it IS inflationary.

And then spend it somewhere else. All you've really done is wealth redistribution.

Bullshit. Higher taxes on the rich results in less investments, and THAT harms the economy.

True. Still likely though, in the House.

Eh, I don't think so. But if they ever get to where they have a solid 50+1 majority to abolish the filibuster then this country is well and truly fucked.

Total bullshit.

In reality, yeah it pretty much does when you're talking about gov't spending that does not improve production of goods and services.

There is no evidence that deficit spending causes inflation. Inflation has been tame until the pandemic. We do need to un undertake wealth distribution. The top 1% own 32% of the nation's wealth while the bottom 50% own only 2%. The Fed's measurements show something similar. In that respect, this country is headed towards a banana republic economic status. For example, some companies are laying off workers. These companies are nowhere near going broke. It is all about pleasing rich, stockholders. Oil company executives have admitted that shareholders are the reason they are not drilling. A recent merger in the chicken industry means that the share of the market the top 4 companies will hold will increase from 50% to 60%. This is expected to increase prices. It will not harm investment because the rich and powerful have so much of the nation's wealth.

I think the House is still up for grabs. Republicans have issues in several states such as Pennsylvania, Michigan and Arizona with crazy right wing candidates. You are aware of the fact that the filibuster is not in the Constitution. It was never meant to establish a 60 vote majority on every issue.

Businesses are causing inflation due to the fact they are raising prices because they want to not because they have to. CEOs have admitted this, That is why companies are making more money than they have in decades. Financial statements do not lie.

In this country, we help people who need help. We do not let them starve or force them to live on the streets. Maybe you want to but I do not. The rich and powerful need to be reigned in.

Forum List

Back