Q. For Small Government Adherents

When has an entire community lost its breadwinners? I realize reality is a foreign concept to you (since you think Big Business both controls the GOP and loathes the GOP).

When towns depend on a single industry and that industry collapses. When a natural disaster hits.
That is why we need the nationwide support that government can provide
You understand that's not an answer, right? Even in NoLa during Katrina people were working.
Looked to me like they were evacuating
Thats because you're stupid. There were plenty of people left who didnt evacuate. That included some of the wealthiest people there.

Sure Rabbi, sure

Isn't this the point where you run away when challenged to defend your bizarre claims?
LOL!!! Ironic post is moronic. You are running away from your own argument.

Left wingers don't remember the long painfully slow recovery with all the government growth and spending. Arguing military size is one thing but the government does much more than that.

Governments that aren't spending trillions of borrowed money on war, have money to spend on their people and their infrastructure. Governments which haven't spent the last 10+ years at war, are balancing their budgets.

Countries which put people ahead of corporations, have healthier economies.

Your corporations and oligarchs are awash in cash. They've never had more money than they do now and yet it's not enough. The people have no savings and few investments. Americans are mortgaged to the hilt and their credit cards are maxed out and that's not enough for the right.

You encourage people to go deeply in debt to get a college degree but saddling the next generation with student loans it will take the next 20 years to repay means they won't be able to buy homes or other consumer goods to keep the economy moving.

Everyday working people need jobs. Shipping manufacturing overseas helped corporations bottom lines in the short run but is killing the economy in the long term.

I'm going to agree, in principle, with you here. Take a minute and watch this video:

It IS true - the wealth in America is so lopsided that it is ridiculous. It is because of republicans AND democrats (ask Hillary). Jobs in this country - I don't mean a cashier at Walmart - I mean GOOD, decent paying jobs, where a kid out of High School can work for 30 years are all but gone. Thank you Republicans and Democrats.

This is what the majority of us are SCREAMING about. We have allowed Business to influence politics and politics to influence business to the point that there are the absolute rich - and the absolute working poor.

Everyday, laws are passed to serve THEM, while putting US in chains. Surely to God, you have to see that...

Hmmm, no, but government is hardly the most efficient or effective means. How much of the money devoted to poverty programs actually gets to the intended beneficiaries?

Again, LBJ started his "Great Society" nonsense to "end poverty in our lifetime". 50 Trillion dollars later........
Our defense budget has not ended war in our time

My point exactly. War has been going on since the beginning of man. Poverty has been around since the beginning of time. What the hell is your point?

What did Einstein Say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?
The point being you spend money on poverty because it is needed. While you may not end all poverty, you provide a safety net, and programs to help people escape poverty

You "spend your money" on poverty!?!?! Jesus - the amount of money that this country has spent on poverty should make us all millionaires!!! How damned much "money" do we have to shell out!?!?!?

Geezzz. even the staunchest left wing communist liberal has the ability to understand that throwing good money after bad only gets you ZERO. This might be hard for you to understand, but I'll give it a shot. Read the following carefully....

IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!

I'd rather spend my money helping Americans than nation building around the world.

When towns depend on a single industry and that industry collapses. When a natural disaster hits.
That is why we need the nationwide support that government can provide
You understand that's not an answer, right? Even in NoLa during Katrina people were working.
Thats because you're stupid. There were plenty of people left who didnt evacuate. That included some of the wealthiest people there.

Sure Rabbi, sure

Isn't this the point where you run away when challenged to defend your bizarre claims?

Time for the Rabbi two step

:dance:

Rabbi: I may not be able to prove my wild statements, but I can do this little dance

Sure Rabbi, sure

Rabbi: I may not be able to prove my wild statements, but I can do this little dance
You are delusional.

Again, LBJ started his "Great Society" nonsense to "end poverty in our lifetime". 50 Trillion dollars later........
Our defense budget has not ended war in our time

My point exactly. War has been going on since the beginning of man. Poverty has been around since the beginning of time. What the hell is your point?

What did Einstein Say about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?
The point being you spend money on poverty because it is needed. While you may not end all poverty, you provide a safety net, and programs to help people escape poverty

You "spend your money" on poverty!?!?! Jesus - the amount of money that this country has spent on poverty should make us all millionaires!!! How damned much "money" do we have to shell out!?!?!?

Geezzz. even the staunchest left wing communist liberal has the ability to understand that throwing good money after bad only gets you ZERO. This might be hard for you to understand, but I'll give it a shot. Read the following carefully....

IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!!

I'd rather spend my money helping Americans than nation building around the world.

You'll get no argument from me there. But what the hell, why not demand that people like George Soros and Al Sharpton pay what they owe in taxes? Soros? an estimated 12 BILLION - that's right BILLION. and Al Sharpton nearly 10 MILLION.

Here's a clue. If you or I owed that kind of money - we would be holding down a cell in Leavenworth.

Sure Rabbi, sure

You are delusional.
As Rabbi runs away...

Did I call it or what?

Sure Rabbi, sure

You are delusional.
As Rabbi runs away...

Did I call it or what?
LOL! You are a wanker for sure. No one takes you seriously. No one.

Start with a balanced budget amendment.

- The OP asked for a cost benefit analysis. That seems to be missing.

If asked, I can articulate very clearly the costs of a balanced budget amendment, and explain logically how destructive it would be.

Is there any argument FOR a balanced budget amendment that is based on anything other than emotion?
It's based on common sense. How long can you perpetuate your lifestyle in private life spending more than you make?

Giving money to poor people in and of itself alleviates immediate needs but does little to assist with the underlying causes of poverty, chief among them, the lack of opportunities.

Providing low/no cost quality child care, classes to upgrade skills, and other "hand up" supports work but as long as the only jobs available are low wage service sector jobs, it won't do much good.

As for Republican policies which cost the U.S. jobs, let's start with giving tax breaks to corporations who shipped jobs offshore.

The U.S. is now outsourcing some aspects of defence contracts to China. There's a brain dead strategy if ever there was one.

How about accountable government that that works well? We need a strong police force, we need maintained infrastructure, we need good economic policies and lastly we need leadership.

Small government doesn't make any sense unless you want to become a back water like Haiti.

Giving money to poor people in and of itself alleviates immediate needs but does little to assist with the underlying causes of poverty, chief among them, the lack of opportunities.

Providing low/no cost quality child care, classes to upgrade skills, and other "hand up" supports work but as long as the only jobs available are low wage service sector jobs, it won't do much good.

As for Republican policies which cost the U.S. jobs, let's start with giving tax breaks to corporations who shipped jobs offshore.

The U.S. is now outsourcing some aspects of defence contracts to China. There's a brain dead strategy if ever there was one.
What about min wage laws that price new workers out of the market? Any responsibility there or is that different somehow?

Start with a balanced budget amendment.

- The OP asked for a cost benefit analysis. That seems to be missing.

If asked, I can articulate very clearly the costs of a balanced budget amendment, and explain logically how destructive it would be.

Is there any argument FOR a balanced budget amendment that is based on anything other than emotion?
It's based on common sense. How long can you perpetuate your lifestyle in private life spending more than you make?

Well, Maybe we should cut the military, stop the massive wars, cut welfare and focus on the important stuff here at home. Oh'those things like infrastructure, funding our first rate science programs and being the best once again??? Oh'nooo's, we can't do that anymore because people like you don't think it is important. Somehow, a small government, just to have a small worthless government having no regulatory powers over a 19th century corporate machine is somehow better. We've walked down this path before and it sucked.

How about accountable government that that works well? We need a strong police force, we need maintained infrastructure, we need good economic policies and lastly we need leadership.

Small government doesn't make any sense unless you want to become a back water like Haiti.

Well, gee. Great idea. When do you expect to get that "accountable" government? "Strong Police Force"? Have you seen a police department lately? They look like Infantry companies.

Small government makes PERFECT sense if you give the individual states the power that was intended in the first place. Again, read the 9th and the 10th amendment to the Constitution.

Haiti is "back water" - as you put it - because there is a dictatorship. Hard to call it anything else when you only have ONE party to vote for. Oh, wait - in essence, that's all we have in the United States....

Sure Rabbi, sure

You are delusional.
As Rabbi runs away...

Did I call it or what?
LOL! You are a wanker for sure. No one takes you seriously. No one.
Awwwww....Rabbi is calling me names

I seem to recall all that starting when Bill Clinton decided to sell our missile technology to Beijing back in the 90s......

Yep - totally brain dead. Now, his wife accepts hundreds of millions from them for her bullshit "foundation"...

Guess that would be "tit-for-tat"?

And yeah, giving money to "poor people" alleviates the "immediate" need - until they buy the big screen Television - then demand more "free" money.

These are the same people that blew trillions on nation building in Iraq but they bitch about building a bridge across one of our rivers or maintaining our freeways. They bitch about America's science insitutions that lead the world, but then would turn around and blame Obama for lagging behind anyone in the area. They bitch about any and all investments as boondoggoo's but what they don't understand is the reality that the vast majority of all infrastructure, science and r&d investment is publicly funded. These investments make life better and save peoples lives.

Small government, just to have a small government is stupid! We left it behind because we wanted to become a world power.

These are the same people that blew trillions on nation building in Iraq but they bitch about building a bridge across one of our rivers or maintaining our freeways. They bitch about America's science insitutions that lead the world, but then would turn around and blame Obama for lagging behind anyone in the area. They bitch about any and all investments as boondoggoo's but what they don't understand is the reality that the vast majority of all infrastructure, science and r&d investment is publicly funded. These investments make life better and save peoples lives.

Small government, just to have a small government is stupid! We left it behind because we wanted to become a world power.

Sonny - when we became our own nation - we were the envy of the world. Now? We are the joke of the world.

Sonny - when we became our own nation - we were the envy of the world. Now? We are the joke of the world.
Seems quite a few want to live here

Well, gee. Great idea. When do you expect to get that "accountable" government? "Strong Police Force"? Have you seen a police department lately? They look like Infantry companies.

Small government makes PERFECT sense if you give the individual states the power that was intended in the first place. Again, read the 9th and the 10th amendment to the Constitution.

Haiti is "back water" - as you put it - because there is a dictatorship. Hard to call it anything else when you only have ONE party to vote for. Oh, wait - in essence, that's all we have in the United States....

Well, we have a lot of violent criminals in this country...So yes, we need a strong police force. ;) For most of our history we had a accountable government that worked well...One example is the government during the 40's, 50's and 60's! Also, a small government would allow the corporations to destroy this country and pay workers as slaves....It wouldn't make one ounce of sense as we couldn't fund the kind of innovations to compete near the top. period, end of story.

We couldn't afford to warn communities of severe weather, hurricanes or tornadoes,
We couldn't afford to educate all of our children!
We couldn't afford to allow everyone rich or poor to drive on our roads or bridges. It would cost a shit load to be able to drive on anything without government!
We couldn't afford the cdc that protects us and makes us ready in the event of disease...And we couldn't afford to lead in any science.

Yeah, small government is so wise. Stupid is more like it. You don't have a clue about the constitution so you better read up! ;)

Haiti is a poor shit hole with piss poor leadership that don't see the value in education, infrastructure and providing stability.

Forum List

Back