Q1 2019 watch - if under 3.0% - where is Trump’s economic miracle - can Trump beat O’s 2.9% ever?

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22729461
Well, shit. He had 0% interest rates for 7 years and trillions in QE sloshing around.....
and his idiocy still resulted in weak economic growth. What a putz.

You are digging a hole because by TrumpO’s standard his idiocy has resulted in a weak economy as well.

It's true, Trump's average is higher than Obozo's.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22729896

Average is not the standard TrumpO set for himself. He set single year GDP higher than 3.0 as the requirement not to have a ‘weak’ economy like Obama’s.

So TrumpO has a weak economy. You cannot deny or change that. No matter the excuses you, in such apparent desperation toss out there, TrumpO has not led to a single year GDP above 3.0. And he never will.

And now this:
  • U.S. manufacturing 'is in recession,' Fed's data show - MarketWatch 8 hours ago · The numbers: The U.S. factory sector declined in the three months ended in June, the second straight quarterly decline, the Federal Reserve said Tuesday. For the second quarter, production was down 1.2% after a 1.9% decline in the first three months of the year.

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-16_17-50-18.png
    upload_2019-7-16_17-50-18.png
    224 bytes · Views: 27
Toddsterpatriot, post: 22729896

Average is not the standard TrumpO set for himself. He set single year GDP higher than 3.0 as the requirement not to have a ‘weak’ economy like Obama’s.

So TrumpO has a weak economy. You cannot deny or change that. No matter the excuses you, in such apparent desperation toss out there, TrumpO has not led to a single year GDP above 3.0. And he never will.

And now this:
  • U.S. manufacturing 'is in recession,' Fed's data show - MarketWatch 8 hours ago · The numbers: The U.S. factory sector declined in the three months ended in June, the second straight quarterly decline, the Federal Reserve said Tuesday. For the second quarter, production was down 1.2% after a 1.9% decline in the first three months of the year.

Average is not the standard TrumpO set for himself.

So what?
Weakest recovery since WWII probably wasn't the standard Obozo set for himself, but that's what he got.
Imagine how much weaker it'd have been with cap & trade or a fracking ban.

He set single year GDP higher than 3.0 as the requirement not to have a ‘weak’ economy like Obama’s.

You bet. So Trump's weak economy is still better than Obozo's weak economy.

TrumpO has not led to a single year GDP above 3.0. And he never will.

We'll see. I think the upcoming recession will be short and shallow. Probably clear 3.0 after that.

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22730930,
So Trump's weak economy is still better than Obozo's weak economy.

Look how long it took for you to admit the truth.

Now the next step in getting you deprogrammed from the TrumpO cult of personality will be your acceptance that a comparison of averages between a two year stretch and seven or eight year stretch is quite ridiculous.

TrumpO is no shoe-in to make it a full eight years and he’s burned through his chances to come strong out of the gate and it’s not looking like he has much endurance for the long run.

Now the next step in getting you deprogrammed from the TrumpO cult of personality will be your acceptance that a comparison of averages between a two year stretch and seven or eight year stretch is quite ridiculous.

TrumpO is no shoe-in to make it a full eight years and he’s burned through his chances to come strong out of the gate and it’s not looking like he has much endurance for the long run.

I've never denied the truth.

Obozo had the weakest recovery since WWII. Truly.

a comparison of averages between a two year stretch and seven or eight year stretch is quite ridiculous.

You can only compare the years they've served.

TrumpO is no shoe-in to make it a full eight years

No one ever is.....so what?

he’s burned through his chances to come strong out of the gate

Stronger than Obozo….I know, that's a really, REALLY low bar.

a comparison of averages between a two year stretch and seven or eight year stretch is quite ridiculous.

"Obozo had the weakest recovery since WWII. Truly."

So after hearing this repeated claim, I decided to check it out myself, and .....

No, not truly. With the recovery being the period between the end of the recession to when GDP is back to where it was before the recession started, we find ....

Bush/Obama (12/07 - 6/09)
Q3-2007 - 15,666.7 (the last quarter before the recession began)
Q2-2009 - 15,134.1 (the quarter when the recession ended)
Q3-2010 - 15,672.0 (the quarter when we fully recovered from the recession

GHW Bush (7/90 - 3/91)
Q2-1990 - 9,392.3 (the last quarter before the recession began)
Q1-1991 - 9,269.4 (the quarter when the recession ended)
Q4-1991 - 9,421.6 (the quarter when we fully recovered from the recession

Bush/Obama ... 2.8% real annualized GDP growth
GHW Bush ....... 2.2% real annualized GDP growth

gdplev.xlsx | U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)

So after hearing this repeated claim, I decided to check it out myself, and .....

No, not truly. With the recovery being the period between the end of the recession to when GDP is back to where it was before the recession started, we find ....

GHW Bush (7/90 - 3/91)

'
Thanks for the link. Are you sure it's the correct one?
I didn't see any of the 6 GDP numbers you're posting in that spreadsheet.

GHW Bush (7/90 - 3/91)

'
Wow, that's really weird that the BLS would link to outdated numbers like that. Regardless, here are the latest figures...

https://www.bea.gov/system/files/2019-06/gdplev_0.xlsx

I wrote: Look how long it took for you to admit the truth

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22732532

I didn’t say you have ever “denied” the truth. It’s very difficult to deny that 2.9 does not equal 2.9. What I said was “Look how long it took for you to admit the truth“ in reference to when you call Obama's 2.9 economy weak you must also call TrumpO’s 2.9 weak.

You, for the first time ever, just admitted that TrumpO’s 2.9 economy, up to right now, is “weak” (regardless of average) in your one time openly honest still-born-brained head.

You admitted that my formula A+B+C=D is true.

NotfooledbyW, post: 22186616
A+B+C=D

My point is: (a) because Trumpo has established that the entire Obama economy below 3.0% annual GDP growth was weak and anemic.

Plus (b) and we now know, with current data, that Trumpo did not get a full years growth above 3.0 during his first two years. And is not likely to get anywhere near it for the rest of his term.

Plus (c) TrumpO is presiding over a peak US economy at 2.9 % GDP which is no where considered to be weak or anemic.

EQUALS (d) If Trumpo’s economy is good or strong at max peak 2.9 GDP, then it must now also be true that Obama's 7 year recovery and share of the expansion was good or strong.

To be clear you finally admitted A+B+C=D is true either way you read it.

If Trumpo’s economy is good or strong at max peak 2.9 GDP, then it must now also be true that Obama's 7 year recovery and share of the expansion was good or strong.

If Obama's 7 year recovery and share of the expansion was weak at max peak 2.9 GDP, then it must now also be true that Trumpo’s economy is weak.

Either way! But you in writing admitted the latter. Good for you. Admitting the truth. I suggest you build on it.

Last edited:
I wrote: Look how long it took for you to admit the truth

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22732532

I didn’t say you have ever “denied” the truth. It’s very difficult to deny that 2.9 does not equal 2.9. What I said was “Look how long it took for you to admit the truth“ in reference to when you call Obama's 2.9 economy weak you must also call TrumpO’s 2.9 weak.

You, for the first time ever, just admitted that TrumpO’s 2.9 economy, up to right now, is “weak” (regardless of average) in your one time openly honest still-born-brained head.

You admitted that my formula A+B+C=D is true.

NotfooledbyW, post: 22186616
A+B+C=D

My point is: (a) because Trumpo has established that the entire Obama economy below 3.0% annual GDP growth was weak and anemic.

Plus (b) and we now know, with current data, that Trumpo did not get a full years growth above 3.0 during his first two years. And is not likely to get anywhere near it for the rest of his term.

Plus (c) TrumpO is presiding over a peak US economy at 2.9 % GDP which is no where considered to be weak or anemic.

EQUALS (d) If Trumpo’s economy is good or strong at max peak 2.9 GDP, then it must now also be true that Obama's 7 year recovery and share of the expansion was good or strong.

To be clear you finally admitted A+B+C=D is true either way you read it.

If Trumpo’s economy is good or strong at max peak 2.9 GDP, then it must now also be true that Obama's 7 year recovery and share of the expansion was good or strong.

If Obama's 7 year recovery and share of the expansion was weak at max peak 2.9 GDP, then it must now also be true that Trumpo’s economy is weak.

Either way! But you in writing admitted the latter. Good for you. Admitting the truth. I suggest you build on it.

Yes, Trump's over 2.5% GDP growth is weak, not as weak as Obozo's sub 2% GDP growth.
Glad we can agree.

GHW Bush (7/90 - 3/91)

'
Wow, that's really weird that the BLS would link to outdated numbers like that. Regardless, here are the latest figures...

So you're looking at 2 or 3 quarters of GDP to show that Obama's recovery wasn't weaker than GHW Bush's?
Why not 2 or 3 years?

Toddsterpatriot, post: 22730930,Look how long it took for you to admit the truth.

GHW Bush (7/90 - 3/91)

'

So you're looking at 2 or 3 quarters of GDP to show that Obama's recovery wasn't weaker than GHW Bush's?
Why not 2 or 3 years?
Because you were talking about the recovery.

GHW Bush (7/90 - 3/91)

'

Why not 2 or 3 years?

I know. Which is usually more than a couple of quarters.

GHW Bush (7/90 - 3/91)

'

Why not 2 or 3 years?

It all depends on how deep the recession is.

'

Why not 2 or 3 years?

Deeper recession should have a longer recovery?

Why not 2 or 3 years?

Of course they should. The deeper the hole, the longer to climb out of it. But all recessions are different and all recoveries are different.

Why not 2 or 3 years?

Of course they should. The deeper the hole, the longer to climb out of it. But all recessions are different and all recoveries are different.

Obama's was different and weaker.

Than what?

Than what?

Than every other post WWII recovery.

Than what?

Than every other post WWII recovery.
Stop lying. I already showed you GHW Bush's was weaker.

Forum List

Back